Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

College Pick'em games

Go down 
+5
BigBertha
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
NoRegret
OU
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

College Pick'em games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:56 pm

Yo Farmer... Did you intentionally leave off the SC - NC State game?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:58 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
both of tonight's games should be pretty good. The spread is less then 5 on both games.

I was REALLY hoping the Ducks would show up in the ugliest, darkest uni's possible to clash that blue carpet and make the game virtually unwatchable... Bastards are going all white...
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:58 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
both of tonight's games should be pretty good. The spread is less then 5 on both games.

Im gonna be watching the Oregon @ Boise State game personally. I love watching teams play on the blue turf, its crazy.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:26 pm

NoRegret wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Im gonna be watching the Oregon @ Boise State game personally. I love watching teams play on the blue turf, its crazy.

The games play back to back, I'm watching both.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:27 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

I might have to check in on my Browns every once in a while, unless they're planning on only playing the scrubs tonight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:30 pm

NoRegret wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

I might have to check in on my Browns every once in a while, unless they're planning on only playing the scrubs tonight.

Well they haven't named a starting QB yet so it should be different then most teams this week.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 9:29 am

2-0 last night on my picks boys. Off to a nice start.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 10:08 am

Bigs03 wrote:

Those were two awful games, the teams looked really sloppy in both games. The QB play for every team except Boise State was awful. I was shocked at how bad Oregon looked, I screwed up with that pick.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 11:56 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

Those were two awful games, the teams looked really sloppy in both games. The QB play for every team except Boise State was awful. I was shocked at how bad Oregon looked, I screwed up with that pick.

I bought the hype too Sooners. Oregon's QB (Masoli) is AWFUL and that vaunted offense was a joke. Chip Kelly may have been the genius behind those explosive offenses recently, but as a head coach he's miles behind Belotti and may have a short career if he can't find his footing. And what on earth was Blount thinking? That punch will cost him a few million in draft positioning... That is IF he can return to last years form to even get a look at the pro's... And IF Kelly doesn't throw his ass off the team!!!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 12:06 pm

I agree that Oregon offense was just horrible. That QB is just awful. This offense is exactly the opposite of what it was when they had Dixon and Stewart. I knew they weren't near as good as they were then but I didn't expect the offensive game to be completely nonexistent. I bought all the hype about getting revenge from last year.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Oregon's QB is far from awful. Their problem is the loss of their entire O-line from a year ago and it showed last night
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 5:32 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Oregon's QB is far from awful. Their problem is the loss of their entire O-line from a year ago and it showed last night

Oh no... He's awful. A solid year last year on a much better coached team doesn't mean squat. I live here, follow the games and have seen what he's about. Masoli is an undersized QB with good speed and a rocket arm. He's not very accurate and makes poor decisions. Don't confuse his ability to work this system (Last year) and the fact that they have no other real options with him being anything other than a bad QB. He might not start for any other team in the Pac-10... Seriously...
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 5:42 pm

He completed well over 50% of his passes last year and had almost a 3:1 TD to INT ratio. Throw in over 700 yds on the ground and 10 TDs and I'd say that's a pretty damn good season. He's a good QB for the system they run but their O-line blows as of right now and unless it improves drastically they are in for a long year. They never belonged in the top 25 to begin with though
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 5:57 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
He completed well over 50% of his passes last year and had almost a 3:1 TD to INT ratio. Throw in over 700 yds on the ground and 10 TDs and I'd say that's a pretty damn good season. He's a good QB for the system they run but their O-line blows as of right now and unless it improves drastically they are in for a long year. They never belonged in the top 25 to begin with though

Whoa... System he was in is the key phrase. Don't throw stats at me if you didn't watch every game he played in!!! Anyone watching him regularly can see the many holes he has. And don't talk about the O-Line... Coming into last night that line was touted as the best in the Pac-10 behind USC. That's like a golfer blaming his clubs for his play. Kelly lost control of that offense and the players when he moved to head coach. He better get a grip on them and get them to believing in it (The system) again, or they will be cellar dwellars in the conference this year... Not the conference champion challengers that they were being hyped as...

Seriously, the way they played last night, Army could beat them!!! Another game like that against Purdue and we will see Costa taking the snaps...
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 7:48 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Whoa... System he was in is the key phrase. Don't throw stats at me if you didn't watch every game he played in!!! Anyone watching him regularly can see the many holes he has. And don't talk about the O-Line... Coming into last night that line was touted as the best in the Pac-10 behind USC. That's like a golfer blaming his clubs for his play. Kelly lost control of that offense and the players when he moved to head coach. He better get a grip on them and get them to believing in it (The system) again, or they will be cellar dwellars in the conference this year... Not the conference champion challengers that they were being hyped as...

Seriously, the way they played last night, Army could beat them!!! Another game like that against Purdue and we will see Costa taking the snaps...

The system he's in is the only thing that matters so why wouldn't it be the key phrase? The O-Line lost 4 starters from last year and was one of their biggest question marks coming into this season and they looked terrible in their Spring scrimmage. That coupled with the fact that they got dominated last night leads me to believe it will be an ugly season for them up front.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Last night's game proves why the Pac-10 is not as strong of a conference as everyone makes it out to be.

Its USC and then everyone else. At this point I'd have the Pac-10 about even par with the ACC, both of whom I'd have slotted behind the Big 10, Big 12 and SEC.
Back to top Go down
BigBertha
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 2:53 pm

NoRegret, what does Ohio States game today prove about the Big Ten? GO NAVY!!!
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 3:17 pm

BigBertha wrote:
NoRegret, what does Ohio States game today prove about the Big Ten? GO NAVY!!!

Ohio State played like shit, coach Jim Tressel made a ton of bad calls, and our defense didnt play disciplined football like it should.

A win is a win though sir, stay salty and keep drinking your haterade.
Back to top Go down
BigBertha
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Yeah a win is a win, take them anyway you can. It's not often that I get to see Navy in a position to win a game against a ranked opponent. Good lock with the rest of the season.

6 minutes until Oklahoma State gets their faces crushed.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 3:26 pm

BigBertha wrote:
Yeah a win is a win, take them anyway you can. It's not often that I get to see Navy in a position to win a game against a ranked opponent. Good lock with the rest of the season.

6 minutes until Oklahoma State gets their faces crushed.

Navy beat ranked teams like Pitt and Wake Forrest recently, and Notre Dame wasnt exactly that bad of a team when they beat them so there you go.

I'll be the first to admit when my team played like shit, Im very critical of my own sports teams because I am a realist.
Back to top Go down
BigBertha
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 3:33 pm

Come on NoRegret, Ohio State is a much better program than those two.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Bertha- I was simply making a point that teams make upsets all the time...its a part of sports but WE DIDNT LOSE so quit talkin shit about it...close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

Now...let me know your team and conference Bertha, because im going to rip you like a savage beast once on of your teams slip up.
Back to top Go down
BigBertha
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 3:40 pm

Wow, you won man relax. And I am an OU fan. Yes, I know we can't win BCS bowl games.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 3:42 pm

BigBertha wrote:
Wow, you won man relax. And I am an OU fan. Yes, I know we can't win BCS bowl games.

Well, since i got respect for the OU program I wont tear you a new one, I dont appreciate having my historical program ripped on because of one bad game. Its whatever though, especially since me and my roommate are the only two Buckeye fans on this forum...im sick of being attacked for it, but as I previously stated we will see where things stand at the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
BigBertha
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 3:47 pm

I think you took the post out of context. I was in the Navy and for them to play that close to a program such as Ohio State, thats huge for Navy. I respect Ohio State, but I like them as much as I like Texas and USC. One of those love hate things.

PS I get the same way When OU loses or plays crappy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Pick'em games   College Pick'em games - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

College Pick'em games
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next