Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.

Go down 
+3
Wolfgangsta
OU
captain organic
7 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. Empty
PostSubject: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Wolf has been calling this one for awhile.

http://sherdogblog.craveonline.com/blog/2010-11-11#28019

“Since that [first Dominick Cruz] loss, I was like, ‘Man, the guy was just bigger than me. These guys are stronger than me.’ I started a great strength and conditioning program and I’ve put on a lot of weight. Now I walk around about [150]. I still have the frame where I could go [to 125], but we’ll see what happens. If Urijah has the belt and there’s a 125-pound division, I would of course be the one to [drop] because I have the body frame for it. But right now the belt’s my main goal of course, to get back there, but timing couldn’t be better for Urijah to drop down [to 135]. If he had dropped down and we were both contenders, it [would have been] like who was going to get the belt first. Of course I wanted my shot at the belt. Now the fact that I’ve had it, I want the best for my teammates. … I’m not going to get to go for the belt anytime soon. I want him to go out there and hopefully become a world champion and then we’ll go from there. … If he keeps holding it, I’ll just keep fighting. Whenever he doesn’t have the belt, I’d love to challenge whoever’s there.”
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:28 pm

lil Joe would be ideal for this. He should be part of the first ever UFC 125lb title fight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:31 pm

The guy facing Page tonight they say may even be smaller than Joe. Demetrious Johnson. I was talking to Ninja or someone about this the other day and they mentioned that Lorenzo is a huge Ramba Somdet fan, and is pushing for the weight class to get him in the UFC.

Last edited by Wolfgangsta on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:31 pm

You also have guys like Charlie Valencia who would be a threat at 125 also.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
The guy facing Page tonight they say may even be smaller than Cruz. Demetrious Johnson. I was talking to Ninja or someone about this the other day and they mentioned that Lorenzo is a huge Ramba Somdet fan, and is pushing for the weight class to get him in the UFC.

yea it was ninja in the chat
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:42 pm

Of course he's eyeing a drop in weight. He's isn't beating Cruz, and he'll hind the fact that he can't beat Faber with the teammate arguement. 125 would be ideal for him and Charlie like wolf said.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:56 pm

Who hasn't called it, Bena is tiny, still holding his own though, problem would be filling that division.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:57 pm

Put that division in the UFC and talent will come pouring in. So will the entertainment.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:03 pm

Most of that talent is in Japan and Brazil, it'd take time to fill that division
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:06 pm

LA wrote:
Most of that talent is in Japan and Brazil, it'd take time to fill that division

The planes to the US would be packed.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:16 pm

2 years ago FW and BW were Japan only weight classes. Fighters of equal or lesser skill get much higher ranked in Zuffa owned promotions. Shooto only has one top ten BW atm.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/flyweight/

Lots of Americans below the top ten in there, throw them in a UFC fly division and they'll be ranked a lot higher. They'd only need realistically to sign maybe 12 guys with the BW's they have who would move down. Fly is a division they could have a title for but not a lot of divisional bouts besides major contender ones. They don't have 20 fighters at BW in the UFC/WEC right now. 17 last I counted.

Before they'd do this though they'd need to shore up some depth in BW because a fly division would take several fighters.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:18 pm

If you build it, they will come.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:55 pm

Alexis Vila!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:57 pm

jimbojones1950 wrote:
Alexis Vila!!!!!!!

where did he wrestle?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 3:19 am

I think it's way too early to be adding a 125 division. Let the 135 and 145 divisions establish themselves in the UFC 1st then in about 2 years maybe.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:11 pm

Yeah 125 would be way too much excitement. Keep it in Japan.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.   Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class. Empty

Back to top Go down

Benavidez eye's 125 lb weight class.
Page 1 of 1