Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is there a purpose to human life?

Go down 
+8
LA
OU
GDPofDRC
captain organic
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
acccardinal12
Ring
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Is there a purpose to human life? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:30 pm

Other then what you decide make out of it, I don't believe life has any real purpose. Like someone said: "living is something you do while you're waiting to die".

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:37 pm

To make babies and have fun!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:50 pm

Are you speaking on the macro concept of human life or your worthless life on a micro level?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:56 pm

Ring wrote:
Other then what you decide make out of it, I don't believe life has any real purpose. Like someone said: "living is something you do while you're waiting to die".

Thoughts?

Wolf hasn't pushed you that far has he?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:01 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Are you speaking on the macro concept of human life or your worthless life on a micro level?

Have to admit, I laughed out loud at this
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:27 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Ring wrote:

Thoughts?

Wolf hasn't pushed you that far has he?

What's up Freak, I took a philosophy course as an elective when I went to college for a couple of years back in the early 70's. My professor was a little Japanese guy who also taught, mathmatics and physics. He used to say that there was "no purpose to life" (with a Japanese accent), I agree with him, there really isn't.

BTW, Who's Wolf? I don't see him anywhere. Wink
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:31 pm

I think the act of living is the purpose of life. Humanity is just a form of it.

Sounds pretty gay right?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:40 pm

Life doesn't exist without purpose. Life is a thing and there is a reason every single thing happens, whether we believe we know the reason or not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:44 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Life doesn't exist without purpose. Life is a thing and there is a reason every single thing happens, whether we believe we know the reason or not.

Nah, it's an on the fly thing.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:49 pm

captain organic wrote:
I think the act of living is the purpose of life. Humanity is just a form of it.

Sounds pretty gay right?

I could have just as easily said all life, but I doubt if any of the other creatures on earth, besides humans, believe there's a purpose to life.

Only Humans being the vain, big brained primates we are, like to delude ourselves into believing there's a reason other than procreation, for our existence.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:55 pm

Ring wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Sounds pretty gay right?

I could have just as easily said all life, but I doubt if any of the other creatures on earth, besides humans, believe there's a purpose to life.

Only Humans being the vain, big brained primates we are, like to delude ourselves into believing there's a reason other than procreation, for our existence.

ha ha, speak for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:58 pm

Quote :

It's a shame this guy is a complete clown with a persecution complex, because otherwise he is totally right here.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:09 pm

Ring wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Sounds pretty gay right?

Sounds nihilist.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Sounds realistic.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:14 pm

nihilism is as real as it gets. We are not meant to understand shit about life in the long run. but sure assume we do.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:14 pm

Why do people bother with these topics? It'll always end up about religion.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:19 pm

Yes, and you'll say the purpose of life is to honor adam and eve or some other stuff and people will make fun of you. Such is life. I think the purpose of human life is to assbabble. In case you were wondering that is more a micro assessment of my life.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:20 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
nihilism is as real as it gets. We are not meant to understand shit about life in the long run. but sure assume we do.

Not meant by whom?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:23 pm

Peace, Love and Yamkas. It's what the world is all about.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:23 pm

Believing in something, faith, is a strange phenomenon. What I have faith in are the things I believe which I cannot explain logically explain by any means of communication. People have faith in a lot of strange things. I believe the children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside. Give them a sense of pride to make it easier. Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be. Everybody searching for a hero. People need someone to look up to. I never found anyone to fulfill my needs. A lonely place to be. So I learned to depend on me
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:24 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Not meant by whom?

Me, your father!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:24 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Not meant by whom?

Life
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:27 pm

What is life? Nature, random and evolved, or a fate like God-machine with framework beyond our ability to control and understand, programmed by unknown forces?

I think people believe in religion and have faith in various different things to avoid self defeating answers to questions like this.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:30 pm

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:31 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
What is life? Nature, random and evolved, or a fate like God-machine with framework beyond our ability to control and understand, programmed by unknown forces?

I think people believe in religion and have faith in various different things to avoid self defeating answers to questions like this.

I don't know what or why, only that it exists, or does it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a purpose to human life?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next