Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The UFC Heavyweight Scene

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The UFC Heavyweight Scene Empty
PostSubject: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:09 am

Fights they have/should make next-

Cain Velasquez vs JDS (Title Match)
Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir III
Shane Carwin vs Roy Nelson
Big Nog vs Mirco CroCop
Brendan Shuab vs Ben Rothwell
Matt Mitrione vs Jon Madsen
Gabriel Gonzaga vs Cheick Kongo (Loser gets fired)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:13 am

Swap Rothwell for Barry and Madsen for Matt Browne.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:13 am

Mike Russow vs Mexicutioner
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:15 am

Ali wrote:
Swap Rothwell for Barry and Madsen for Matt Browne.

Lol. I actually had Barry to begin with but ended up going for Rothwell.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:39 am

All I can say is Cain Velasquez!!!

This guy is a beast. He did what he wanted with Brock, what he has been doing both better and more often each fight, relentlessly and viciously beating his opponents up. Whats crazy is that the fight with JDS is gonna be better then this was gonna be. He might end up knocking him the fuck out, I can't wait for that fight. I got Cain in that though.

Lesnar got dropped and stopped. All the size in the world can't make up for better talent. That's why I still think Fedor would finish Lasnar as well. To quick on the feet and good in the scramble. The HW top ten scene just got more interesting. Especially who makes up a top 5.

Cain --Yep I would pick Cain over Fedor in a fight tomorrow. I've been on the wagon for a while and Cain is on another level in a lot of ways. Nobody punished their opponents like he does. He's crips and nasty on his feet, let Brock hold him on the ground for 1 whole second, you know, the WAY better wrestler. Relentless striking and GNP. I think he would be too much for Fedor to handle but it would be a great fight. But this is why I've had Cain ranked as my #1 HW since werdum beat Fedor.

Fedor --He needs to fight. He's is not the best right now, Cain is.

JDS --Could be like the Shogun of the division? he is gonna need to up his game though for Cain.

Werdum --His BJJ skills can get anyone and has looked good.

Carwin --Only because I think he could finish Lesnar if he doesn't gas.

Lesnar, --this might be generous even. I think he got a little exposed, he got schooled pretty hard again.

I think Barnett --could beat Lesnar.

Cain has JDS then Shane Carwin or Brock Lesnar on his horizon if he wins. I think the JDS fight is the toughest of the three, he could be in for a few nice defenses if he gets by JDS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:43 am

Fedor is coming to the UFC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:49 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Fedor is coming to the UFC.

I'll believe that when I see it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:53 am

In my opinion right now, the upper echelon of the UFC HW division's top 4 and SF's top 4 are really pretty close in the top ten scene itself, but they both seem a little thin at the top still after their 4 or 5.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:04 am

UFC and SF are adding depth. UFC has Madsen who is quietly 4-0 in the UFC and undefeated, Shaub who is 3-0 since his loss to Nelson, Mitrione who is 3-0, Travis Browne, who is undefeated and a club level slugger, and Sean McCorkle who is also undefeated, in addition to a solid middle pack of guys like Rothwell, Barry, Russow, Struve and Morecraft. SF has up and comers like Cormier and Johnson on the horizon.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:06 am

SF needs to get some HW's fights lined up. Sivla valinejine? is n't fun
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:11 am

The point of that fight is to set up a HW title scrap next year.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:24 am

I think Gonzaga should be canned now. I like freaks matchups, thats how i'd do it EXCEPT i'd do

CroCop vs. Gonzaga II
Nog vs. Kongo
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:27 am

Shaub vs Meat SB card.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:52 am

CroCop and Big Nog are done, there's no reason to wheel them out anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:56 am

Ali wrote:

They're not going to release them. They'll use them as gatekeepers and special attractions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:57 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Ali wrote:

They're not going to release them. They'll use them as gatekeepers and special attractions.

More like sacrificial lambs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The UFC Heavyweight Scene   The UFC Heavyweight Scene Empty

Back to top Go down

The UFC Heavyweight Scene
Page 1 of 1