Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Tea Party

Go down 
+6
captain organic
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
Thomasdrrn09
oggy420
LTFG
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:40 pm

A passing fad or here to stay?

No one can deny that they've made an impact on the upcoming mid-terms, and they've obviously gotten the attention of the stale career politicians on both sides of the line as well as the President himself. Question is that once the mid-terms are over, are they going to fade out of existence or are they here to stay?

Personally, I see this election being one of extreme frustration for most of America and all of the stars have aligned perfectly for a group like this to show up and make noise. I think that once the balance in government is restored somewhat, we may seem them fade into obscurity just as quickly as they arrived on the scene.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:42 pm

i don't trust any politicians anymore. It's nothing but smear campaign after smear campaign. Either some of these dudes are lying or they're all just dirt bags. I'd opt for the latter.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:45 pm

oggy420 wrote:
i don't trust any politicians anymore. It's nothing but smear campaign after smear campaign. Either some of these dudes are lying or they're all just dirt bags. I'd opt for the latter.

I guarantee they're all lying on some level. You have to dig through the shit to find out which one's are going to do the least amount of damage. Problem is about 75% of America that votes, will vote on party lines no matter what clown is running for that seat. That mentality is what's fucked up to me...
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:11 pm

This sums up my feelings on the stupidity of the tea party.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:27 pm

Thomasdrrn09 wrote:

Wow, that's frightening to watch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:03 pm

LTFG wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

I guarantee they're all lying on some level. You have to dig through the shit to find out which one's are going to do the least amount of damage. Problem is about 75% of America that votes, will vote on party lines no matter what clown is running for that seat. That mentality is what's fucked up to me...

Its all hypocrisy. The vast majority vote on nothing but the D or R next to the name. Then look at everytime one of these stupid stories comes out about a candidate wearing a Nazi uni in a re-enactment, claiming to try witchcraft at 17, etc. If it happens to be occurring in the opposite party its story 1A and merits discussion but if its the opposite way you get a whole lot of "I can't believe they are making a big deal out of this. How petty" Its all laughable
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:15 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
LTFG wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

Its all hypocrisy. The vast majority vote on nothing but the D or R next to the name. Then look at everytime one of these stupid stories comes out about a candidate wearing a Nazi uni in a re-enactment, claiming to try witchcraft at 17, etc. If it happens to be occurring in the opposite party its story 1A and merits discussion but if its the opposite way you get a whole lot of "I can't believe they are making a big deal out of this. How petty" Its all laughable

I like the take the man who founded the actual present day Tea Party has on the still black and whiteness of politics today and what the Tea Party so quickly became once Obama was elected. A decent read:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/10/tea-party-founder-slams-tea-party/

Karl Denninger wrote:

A financial blogger and ex-CEO credited with being one of the original "founders" of the Tea Party has come out against the movement, saying it has been hijacked by the very people it was protesting and is now obsessed with "guns, gays and God."

In a "message" to the Tea Party Wednesday, Karl Denninger declared that he "ought to sue" anyone who uses the Tea Party name "for defamation."

"Yeah, that's a joke," he writes. "But so are you. All of you. Especially Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Bob Barr, and douchebag groups such as the 'Tea Party Patriots.'"

Denninger writes: "Tea Party my ass. This was nothing other than the Republican Party stealing the anger of a population that was fed up with the Republican Party's own theft of their tax money at gunpoint to bail out the robbers of Wall Street and fraudulently redirecting it back toward electing the very people who stole all the ****ing money!"

Denninger runs Market Ticker, a financially-focused blog that has been strongly opposed to bank bailouts and has railed against excessive government spending. He founded the group FedUpUSA in early 2008, shortly after the collapse of investment bank Bear Stearns.

In January of 2009, Market Ticker bloggers including Graham Makohoniuk and Stephanie Jasky suggested "mailing a tea bag" to Congress to protest the planned $800-billion stimulus package and $700-billion bank bailout. Denninger followed that up with a call for a "tea party" protest to coincide with President Obama's inauguration, thus helping to unofficially launch the political movement.

“I saw everybody fawning over Obama with the inauguration and yet here he was appointing people like Larry Summer[s] and Tim Geithner to his team who were all part of creating the problem,” Denninger said in a media interview.

Now Denninger says the whole movement has been steered away from its mission to demand fiscal responsibility from government and financial institutions.

The Tea Party was initiated as a political protest against the unlawful and in fact unconstitutional usurpation of power from the Congress and The People in the form of extortion-led bailouts of enterprises that had engaged in acts that I, and many others, believe were at least civilly actionable and in many cases crossed the line into criminal activity.

This indictment is not limited to the nation's large banks, although it certainly starts there. The corruption of our economic and monetary systems runs the gamut from Fannie and Freddie through their ties to Congress (including literal sexual encounters in some cases), banking interests selling trash securities to everyone from pension funds on down, judges who don't judge but rather protect monied interests on Wall Street, The Federal Reserve intentionally debasing our currency and monetizing government debt, government spending that is running 40% above revenues and much more.

In short, The Tea Party was and is about the the corruption of American Politics and the blatant and outrageous theft from all Americans that has resulted. It is about personal responsibility and enforcement of the law against those who have robbed, financially ****d and pillaged the nation.

Yet today we hear literally nothing about these issues among the so-called "Tea Party" candidates and their backers. Sarah Palin has not said one word about locking up the banksters that brought up on the housing bubble and economic collapse. Not one word about Bernanke's out-of-control Fed and the arguably unlawful monetization of Fannie and Freddie paper, not to mention the monetization of the Federal Debt.

The following video, of Karl Denninger appearing on MSNBC with Dylan Ratigan, was broadcast Oct. 19, 2010.

Baaaaaaaaaaaa

ba
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:28 pm

It seems the tea party has the backing of the Right Wing radio hosts, those guys have a lot of followers, so I see the Tea Party having legs.

I wonder a bit if those hosts will abandon the party if they do not do well in the elections.

I also wonder what happens if and when these guys get into office, r they able to do anything of substance?

Here in NJ, Ana Little, a Tea Party "approved" Republican won the party's nomination for Congress, over an opponent who had a pretty good financial backing. She now opposes Frank Pallone, a 22 year incumbent who is very liberal, and was a major contributor to the health care bill. Little is now Mayor of an adjacent town to mine, so there is alot of support here, but I'm not sure how the support is once u stray from our little enclave. Recently read a poll that said Pallone was up 53-43. He typically wins by a 2-1 margin, so it's tighter the usual.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:43 pm

There are some stupid people in America.
Back to top Go down

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:47 pm

The Canadian rock group is into American politics now? Razz

Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:50 pm

[quote="Thomasdrrn09"]This sums up my feelings on the stupidity of the tea party.

Thomas, it's almost impossible to respond with a straight face looking at that av. Laughing

Anyway, it doesn't take much to go into a group of 300,000 and find 15 people that have been practicing close family love for generations. If some dorky kid doing a report for his journalism class wanted to show up at the Stewart-Colbert event, they could come up with a handful of similar morons willing to express their thoughts (Stupidity isn't restricted by party affiliation). One thing that clip does, is hit a very important note... Just about anyone is allowed an opportunity to vote!?

I asked a pretty specific question. And though I appreciate your thoughts, you show me once again why we are tentative in even bringing up political topics here...
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:59 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
LTFG wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

The ads are always annoying around election time. But this year they have really hit a new high... Errr, low. And it hasn't stopped at the ads either. Look in Kentucky, where during a debate a candidate accuses his opponent of tying women up and worshipping an idol called Aqua Buddha... Or in Delaware, where a candidate questioned her opponent about where the Constitution mentions a separation of church and state... I mean this shit's too good to make up, and these people are running for office??? We live in frightening times my man...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:01 pm

The perspective is what is fascinating. The Tea Party was hijacked away from it's initial intentions to fit into the standard right leaning stances as a whole. Therefore it is here to stay.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:06 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
LTFG wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

I like the take the man who founded the actual present day Tea Party has on the still black and whiteness of politics today and what the Tea Party so quickly became once Obama was elected. A decent read:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/10/tea-party-founder-slams-tea-party/

Karl Denninger wrote:

A financial blogger and ex-CEO credited with being one of the original "founders" of the Tea Party has come out against the movement, saying it has been hijacked by the very people it was protesting and is now obsessed with "guns, gays and God."

In a "message" to the Tea Party Wednesday, Karl Denninger declared that he "ought to sue" anyone who uses the Tea Party name "for defamation."

"Yeah, that's a joke," he writes. "But so are you. All of you. Especially Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Bob Barr, and douchebag groups such as the 'Tea Party Patriots.'"

Denninger writes: "Tea Party my ass. This was nothing other than the Republican Party stealing the anger of a population that was fed up with the Republican Party's own theft of their tax money at gunpoint to bail out the robbers of Wall Street and fraudulently redirecting it back toward electing the very people who stole all the ****ing money!"

Denninger runs Market Ticker, a financially-focused blog that has been strongly opposed to bank bailouts and has railed against excessive government spending. He founded the group FedUpUSA in early 2008, shortly after the collapse of investment bank Bear Stearns.

In January of 2009, Market Ticker bloggers including Graham Makohoniuk and Stephanie Jasky suggested "mailing a tea bag" to Congress to protest the planned $800-billion stimulus package and $700-billion bank bailout. Denninger followed that up with a call for a "tea party" protest to coincide with President Obama's inauguration, thus helping to unofficially launch the political movement.

“I saw everybody fawning over Obama with the inauguration and yet here he was appointing people like Larry Summer[s] and Tim Geithner to his team who were all part of creating the problem,” Denninger said in a media interview.

Now Denninger says the whole movement has been steered away from its mission to demand fiscal responsibility from government and financial institutions.

The Tea Party was initiated as a political protest against the unlawful and in fact unconstitutional usurpation of power from the Congress and The People in the form of extortion-led bailouts of enterprises that had engaged in acts that I, and many others, believe were at least civilly actionable and in many cases crossed the line into criminal activity.

This indictment is not limited to the nation's large banks, although it certainly starts there. The corruption of our economic and monetary systems runs the gamut from Fannie and Freddie through their ties to Congress (including literal sexual encounters in some cases), banking interests selling trash securities to everyone from pension funds on down, judges who don't judge but rather protect monied interests on Wall Street, The Federal Reserve intentionally debasing our currency and monetizing government debt, government spending that is running 40% above revenues and much more.

In short, The Tea Party was and is about the the corruption of American Politics and the blatant and outrageous theft from all Americans that has resulted. It is about personal responsibility and enforcement of the law against those who have robbed, financially ****d and pillaged the nation.

Yet today we hear literally nothing about these issues among the so-called "Tea Party" candidates and their backers. Sarah Palin has not said one word about locking up the banksters that brought up on the housing bubble and economic collapse. Not one word about Bernanke's out-of-control Fed and the arguably unlawful monetization of Fannie and Freddie paper, not to mention the monetization of the Federal Debt.

The following video, of Karl Denninger appearing on MSNBC with Dylan Ratigan, was broadcast Oct. 19, 2010.

Baaaaaaaaaaaa

ba

This gets a little closer to the heart of what I was asking. Denninger has a legit beef that his "cause" has become a political tool for the Republicans. I doubt that 90% of the so-called Tea Partiers even know who he is at this point. The movement as he intended it has strayed way off track. But the fact is they are moving the needle in a lot of races. And I do think that the balance of things shifting is due in large part to their presence. I'm just not sure that we will see them sticking around in the numbers they have once the elections are over. And for many like Thomas, apparently they can't disappear soon enough... lol
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:07 pm

LTFG wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
LTFG wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

The ads are always annoying around election time. But this year they have really hit a new high... Errr, low. And it hasn't stopped at the ads either. Look in Kentucky, where during a debate a candidate accuses his opponent of tying women up and worshipping an idol called Aqua Buddha... Or in Delaware, where a candidate questioned her opponent about where the Constitution mentions a separation of church and state... I mean this shit's too good to make up, and these people are running for office??? We live in frightening times my man...

Thanks for reminding me about this lmao. I have to go listen again
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:14 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
The perspective is what is fascinating. The Tea Party was hijacked away from it's initial intentions to fit into the standard right leaning stances as a whole. Therefore it is here to stay.

So you think that regardless of results, the Tea Party is here to stay?

I can see that being the case, depending on election outcome. I think if by some miracle the Dems keep control in Congress and the Senate, you will see them step it up to a new level leading into 2012. But Congress is a goner for the Dems and the Senate is a toss up. Even if the Senate stays left, I think that the balance will be enough that Obama can't continue to shove whatever agenda he wants down America's throats, and that will back the loudest barkers down...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:21 pm

I think the Tea party right now represents what has been represented for years. It will stay until another cool name catches on.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Thomasdrrn09 wrote:

Meanwhile

I like this kid doing the interviews, he doesn't really do anything other than find people willing to sound dumb.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:45 pm

Thanks for digging that up, GDP. Hits the nail on the head of what I said earlier in the thread. Morons are morons no matter what their political affiliation.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:57 pm

There is a lot of babble that the Tea Party will just go away or something, mostly by wishful thinkers who really don't get politics and don't like whatever they think the Tea Party is about, in their own world.

Fact is the Tea Party is a grass roots movement that isn't going to go away any time soon, even if the name gets hijacked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:04 pm

I agree to some level, Wolf. I still maintain that if Republicans are to somehow grab the House and Senate, we will see and hear MUCH less about The Tea Party. Since that's not going to happen, everyone who cringes at those three words better get a damn good supply of anti-axiety medication... Because we're going to get an overload of Tea Party coverage going into 2012...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:07 pm

The Tea Party is being smart about not dividing the conservative vote. They're acting somewhat like a faction within the Republican party.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:57 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:

all i know is what my sister tells me, and shes from Arizona

wow these people are fucking morons
Back to top Go down

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:

all i know is what my sister tells me, and shes from Arizona

wow these people are fucking morons
You know whats sad is our kids are listening to people like Beck and other fanatics and they are taking everything they say as the truth. Then they go around saying this stupid shit on a regular basis.

I had a kid tell me that it says in the bible that Obama is the anti-christ. I asked this kid (who by the way has some of the most racist views on the world that I have heard) Where in the bible does it say that? His answer "I cant remember but its in there."
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 7:45 pm

Those are the same people who think our support of Israel is god's work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party Empty

Back to top Go down

The Tea Party
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next