Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 120 Discussion Thread

Go down 
+2
Birdofthad
bobbitt15
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

UFC 120 Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:48 pm

For those of us that are just going to be watching this shit
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 9:15 pm

What a horrible HW fight. Jesus Christ that was awful
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Nothing against the kid, but I was getting sick as fuck of all this Hathaway hype. Glad that happened
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:13 pm

Carlos Condit is the fucking shit. Period
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:14 pm

that made up a little for the shitty night
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:44 pm

How bad has Diego Sanchez become then?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:49 pm

I can't help but feel Akiyama should be so much better than he is. Not that he would do it but I wonder how much a drop to WW would affect him. I don't think it would be that big of a deal
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:50 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:

I think very little of him at this point personally
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:58 pm

I've only watched the last two rounds of this event. Exactly what I thought this fight would be. Not impressed. Bisping is alright but his lack of power is always going to be his bane.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:58 pm

fuck and i just read the spoilers in this thread stupidly.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:16 pm

1) Kongo is no longer relevant.

2)Hathaway got owned, and yes by MMA math, diego looks lame. Give Pyle props. Very active. Important win for him as he was looking to be on the fence.

3)Condit vs Hardy? I guess Condit is now back in the title mix. While Hardy, who was always an iffy title contendor drops from the top 10. Condit is still surprisingly young, but I expect him to be wrestled up by the divisions elite.

4)Akiyama is done, Bisping again showed good boxing but a susceptible chin.

5)star of the night imo was Gustafsson. Sure condit landed a KO blow, but the Mauler OWNED the snake. And, like the Pyle fight, a former UFC top prospect gets MMA mathed into the dirt.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:40 pm

I maybe the only 1 but I thought Kongo got screwed. Taking a point for grabbing shorts is petty as hell to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:46 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Nothing against the kid, but I was getting sick as fuck of all this Hathaway hype. Glad that happened

+1

People were getting too carried away with Hathaway, he showed alot of flaws tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:47 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:

The knee had a big part to play in that fight, it happened virtually at the start and made a huge dent in Diego's confidence.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:51 am

Ali wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

+1

People were getting too carried away with Hathaway, he showed alot of flaws tonight.

Pyle actually looked great tonight though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:57 am

timthebim wrote:
Ali wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

+1

Pyle actually looked great tonight though.

Oh yeah Pyle looked great, but he showed Hathaway needs to work on alot of aspects of his game, like his striking which was abysmal tonight.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:58 am

Absolutely agree. Hathaway is very young though he will get alot better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:20 am

LOL Dana name dropped Haye at the post fight conference.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:55 am

I've always been a staunch Condit supporter. I'm glad he convincingly debunked the myth of Dan Hardy. Highlight of the night...and was very entertaining. Never a doubt in my mind Condit was taking it though.

Condit/Fitch?

Great performance by Mike Pyle. At 14-0..Hathaway was due for a loss just like Dunham was. I didnt get around to doing the pick ems but i had Pyle here. Sanchez seems to be held in far higher regard than Pyle, even though that's unfair. Hathaway probably was not expecting Pyle to be that much more game than Sanchez. Pyle could have finished it in round 2 easy.

Watching Cyrille get mugged was good.

Bisping/Akiyama was alright. I just don't get Akiyama. He's a sexy beast and he has a cool entrance and all..but the way i see it he's 0-3 in the UFC considering Belcher was robbed at 100. That said, it's probably the biggest win of Bispings career.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:07 am

He beat Belcher fair and square. But his standing technique is going to have to improve. Better footwork and body movement. I think he should try WW.

Bisping doesn't have enough a great chin, but I don't even know if he could knock himself out. I still think he is a top quality gate keeper and a good fight for anyone in the division.

Condit hasn't made me raise an eyebrow since his can crushing WEC days. Best performance of his career easily. Maybe he isn't an afterthought after all.

Hathaway looked awful, Pyle fought as good as he'll ever fight.

Kongo is scum, Browne robbed out of a win. Thankfully Kongo got himself penalized or he would have got a W for that garbage. He deserved the L as much as Browne deserved the W.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120 Discussion Thread   UFC 120 Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 120 Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1