Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport

Go down 
+2
flapanther2001
dmar5143
6 posters
AuthorMessage

The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport Empty
PostSubject: The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport   The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:31 am

The championship board of the World Boxing Association announced today their decision to officially appoint Gennady Golovkin as the middleweight champion of the organization, due to the Felix Sturm bein pushed up to the status of "super champion.

Also announced that Hassan Ndam N'Jikam and Avtandil Khurtsidze will officially fight for the interim middleweight championship on October 30 2010 in Paris, France.

In the first instance, the WBA, sums up the resolution to all of the events that have occurred in the middleweight division, which was dominated by Sturm, who asked to be considered as super champion.

At the 88 WBA Convention in Medellin, Sturm made a formal request for an extension of his obligation to defend the title, against Gennady Golovkin, who at the time was the mandatory challenger to Sturm.

Finally, on February 15, 2010, Sturm said that hr would make the fight with Golovkin, but there were problems with the money for the fight.

The request was confirmed on February 24 and asked to be named super champion. On April 8, 2010, the committee decided to appoint him, and ordered the candidates to fill the vacancy of the regular title.

Later in the official classification in March of this year, Anthony Mundine and Gennady Golovkin were picked as the candidates for the 160-pound belt.

On March 5, 2010, Richard Simon, legal representative of Golovkin, said his fighter was available to challenge the world belt and on April 19 the Championship Committee of the WBA called a purse bid for Mundine and Golovkin .

Epic Sport Management in partnership with Top Rank, won the rights with a bid of $1,210,000 million. However, Mundine decided not to fight.

On July 1, 2010, Golovkin's representatives requested to fight for the middleweight championship on July 31 in Mexico, but the request wasn't granted until August 14 when he fought against Milton Nunez, whom he beat.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=31871
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport   The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 8:17 am

lets see the wba is trying without success to imitate the wbc..sturm is there regular champ but dont like that title soo please call me the super champ.lol.then 2 or 3 fighters and lets use that term losely refuse to fight for a trinket because there not being paid berto money dispite the fact noo one has ever heared of them...maybe this is a start by the wba to outdue the wbc and have 5 chumps opps champs in one division thus passing the wbcs standard 4 champs per division.inter champ champ in recess super champ diamond belt champ.hey one title for every two contenders.. hey whats wrong with that..
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport   The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 8:23 am

of course if none of the fighters cooperate then a magical pole vaulting in the rankings like a ray -who am i -austin as number one HW contender or have a 140 lb ranking where the number 1 and 2 guy is not named bradley alexander kahn or merdina ..anything goes in the commisions surprize of the week..
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

Favorite Fighter(s) : Aaron Pryor, Rocky Marciano, Arturo Gatti

PostSubject: Re: The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport   The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 3:50 pm

My email to Gilberto Mendoza Jr. & Jose Oliver Gomez of the WBA.....
Greetings,
Could you please tell me your criteria for your ranking system. I'm having a hard time understanding how you can not have Tim Bradley or Devon Alexander ranked at 140 lbs, you don't have Maidana ranked but you have Victor Ortiz at #1 even though
Maidana defeated him soundly. You even have Erik Morales ranked #7 and Vivian Harris #15, when we all know that these two fighters are no longer competitive. I would like to move on to the Welterweight rankings, but since you don't have Pacquiao, Mayweather, Mosley or Clottey even on your list, I won't waste my time or yours. By the way, just in case it's a typo, you have Alan Green ranked #6 over Carl Froch #8. Just thought I'd throw that out there.....thanks in advance for any response. I'm sure that a company of your prestige & deep history is concerned with the integrity that is necessary to maintain a world class boxing ratings system. Thanks again for listening.......by the way......Joe Spina at #6? Really? Really?..............Thanks again.....
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport   The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 4:57 pm

great letter ot email..they need 10 000 more like that one.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport   The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:28 pm

They need to be publicly branded as fraudulent parasites and then ignored.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport   The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:40 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Greetings,
Could you please tell me your criteria for your ranking system. I'm having a hard time understanding how you can not have Tim Bradley or Devon Alexander ranked at 140 lbs, you don't have Maidana ranked but you have Victor Ortiz at #1 even though
Maidana defeated him soundly. You even have Erik Morales ranked #7 and Vivian Harris #15, when we all know that these two fighters are no longer competitive. I would like to move on to the Welterweight rankings, but since you don't have Pacquiao, Mayweather, Mosley or Clottey even on your list, I won't waste my time or yours. By the way, just in case it's a typo, you have Alan Green ranked #6 over Carl Froch #8. Just thought I'd throw that out there.....thanks in advance for any response. I'm sure that a company of your prestige & deep history is concerned with the integrity that is necessary to maintain a world class boxing ratings system. Thanks again for listening.......by the way......Joe Spina at #6? Really? Really?..............Thanks again.....
lol
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

PostSubject: Re: The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport   The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:43 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Greetings,
panther don't waste your time. i e-mailed the wba a couple of months back regarding guillermo jones being a champion after not fighting for OVER TWO YEARS. a kid from my hometown has been ranked #2 for those two years and never even got a shot. a week after i e-mailed them they said they were going to strip guillermo of his title. so i was thinking "holy shit my letter worked" and a week after they changed their minds again and said they were going to let him defend it. wba's a joke just like every other belt.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport   The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 8:03 pm

WBA is the biggest joke in boxing. If they could they would make a belt for every ranking from 1-10 in each division.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport   The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 8:28 pm

There's a reason why the WBA (and most of the alphabet orgs) are based in shady places like Venezuela.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport   The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport Empty

Back to top Go down

The WBA continue to do their best to damage the sport
Page 1 of 1