Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six

Go down 
+4
Diego408
hardcoreBEE24
Groundhog_Day
flapanther2001
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six Empty
PostSubject: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 12:37 am

Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the negotiations have advised BoxingScene.com that a deal is "basically done" for WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward (22-0, 13KOs) to defend his titles against Sakio Bika on November 27 at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California. Both sources advised BoxingScene that Ward-Bika "will not be part of the Super Six" Boxing Classic.

Ward's original opponent, Andre Dirrell, withdrew from the tournament last week with neuological issues that likely stem from his March disqualification win over Arthur Abraham. Dirrell's team members have claimed the fighter has experienced bad headaches since taking the right hand that led to Abraham's disqualification in the eleventh round.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=31817
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

Favorite Fighter(s) : Aaron Pryor, Rocky Marciano, Arturo Gatti

Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 2:53 am

So, if Ward loses, he still advances to the semi's?
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny Pacquiao

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:52 am

He's keeping busy. That's a good thing.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:09 am

flapanther2001 wrote:
So, if Ward loses, he still advances to the semi's?

Yes, because he'd already gained enough points to make it to the semi's even if he lost to Dirrell.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 12:18 pm

They should have made it part of the tourney. What if Bika knocks out Ward, he would automatically make it to the next round with 3 points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 12:27 pm

OK so I dont understand this shit. Bika cant fight Green but he can fight Ward?

Whats his problem with fighting Green? Thats twice he has refussed the fight with Green.
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 12:40 pm

soonermark890 wrote:

Whats his problem with fighting Green? Thats twice he has refussed the fight with Green.
This fight has way more reward to risk ratio for Bika. Besides...there's no great advancement in fighting Green since he's not really relevant anymore.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 12:42 pm

soonermark890 wrote:

Al Haymon is his manager, he tells him when he can/cant fight

Thought about going to this....but just not worth it for 1 fight

Froch vs Abraham, HBO Triple Header w/Marquez-Katsidis

Staying home!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 1:01 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

This fight has way more reward to risk ratio for Bika. Besides...there's no great advancement in fighting Green since he's not really relevant anymore.
I understand that to an extent. BUT he gave up the opportunity to fight in the Super 6. Thats why I think its stupid. He would have been given a chance at multiple fights and multiple good paydays.
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 1:27 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

I understand that to an extent. BUT he gave up the opportunity to fight in the Super 6. Thats why I think its stupid. He would have been given a chance at multiple fights and multiple good paydays.
See but now he's "unofficially" fighting in the Super 6 so he'll get the exposure of fighting Ward, without having to deal with coming in late with no points and no chance for advancement. A win here for Bika changes his whole career. A loss to Ward doesn't really hurt him too badly. A win over Green amounts to diddly, considering what Green has looked like lately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 2:12 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

See but now he's "unofficially" fighting in the Super 6 so he'll get the exposure of fighting Ward, without having to deal with coming in late with no points and no chance for advancement. A win here for Bika changes his whole career. A loss to Ward doesn't really hurt him too badly. A win over Green amounts to diddly, considering what Green has looked like lately.
I think he is ducking Green.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 2:46 pm

soonermark890 wrote:

LOL, yes by facing the guy that stomped on him for 12 rds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 2:53 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

Stop, just stop.

It's a title fight for more money, if Bika wins he can milk the trinket for all it's worth since he won't be trapped in a tournament.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:57 am

Andre Ward has been award 2 forfeit points because of Dirrell's withdrawal, he heads into the semi's with six points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:29 am

Ali wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

Stop, just stop.

It's a title fight for more money, if Bika wins he can milk the trinket for all it's worth since he won't be trapped in a tournament.
I thought Bika couldnt fight right now? Seems really odd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:31 am

This fight is set for a different date, and the reward is far greater than the Green fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:33 am

Ali wrote:
This fight is set for a different date, and the reward is far greater than the Green fight.
If Bika had not backed out once before I wouldnt be saying anything but this has occured twice now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:34 am

You're the only one Mark, Bika's going to face the guy who dominated Green.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:39 am

Ali wrote:
I know I am the only Green fan in the world. But you know if this was anyone else people would be talking shit. IF this was a guy turning down Cotto or something then people would be saying stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:49 am

soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:
I know I am the only Green fan in the world. But you know if this was anyone else people would be talking shit. IF this was a guy turning down Cotto or something then people would be saying stuff.

His father died, the Allan Green fight was going to be for a small sum on the undercard of Lopez vs Marquez, against Ward he's getting a bigger check,title shot and will be the headline act.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 3:21 am

Glad the fight is happening, don't care if it counts for the super six or not.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:41 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Glad the fight is happening, don't care if it counts for the super six or not.

agreed. Bika makes for good fights and will try to press Ward. We will see if he can be effective with that pressure and how Ward responds. Ward's last couple of opponents (Kessler and Green), got beat to the punch from the word go and never really adjusted.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:27 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

No one cares for a guy who makes excuses after not trying in his biggest fight. You think ppl would care if someone ducked Clottey? If Bika was fighting a lesser opponent than you would have a case. But he's fighting Andre Ward. Stop dick riding!
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Well Bika never turned down Green because he was scared lol. Bika has already Fought Calslappy, Bute and is stepping up to the division best when he fights Ward in Oakland.

Green isnt worth his time. The Ward fight is so much rewarding.
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:15 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

No one cares for a guy who makes excuses after not trying in his biggest fight. You think ppl would care if someone ducked Clottey? If Bika was fighting a lesser opponent than you would have a case. But he's fighting Andre Ward. Stop dick riding!
Couldn't have said it better myself. Nobody....I mean nobody, is ducking Alan f'n Green.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six   Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six Empty

Back to top Go down

Andre Ward vs Sakio Bika set for Nov 27th in Oakland, won't be part of The Super Six
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next