Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How do you see Brock vs Cain going?

Go down 
+10
bobbitt15
WinstonSmith
timthebim
OU
acccardinal12
Wolfgangsta
chorky777
LA
captain organic
oggy420
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

How do you see Brock vs Cain going? Empty
PostSubject: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 5:39 pm

ok, so when the fight was announced i was big on brock. Now im going back and fourth. There is so much fucking hype with Cain and so far he's done nothing but deliver. And Brock was clearly in trouble in the 1st round with Carwin. This makes me think Cain's hand speed could cause brock problems. Also Cain's wrestling makes this interesting. Will Brock be able to take him down at will? Or at all? I really have no idea how this fight is gonna go.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 5:44 pm

Hate to say it, but Im falling for the Brock Smash hype. too big and too strong. He'll wear Cain down, get a dominant top control, and rain down the short range but devastating GnP.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 5:48 pm

Cain will be better then Brock standing for sure, but doesn't have that crazy Carwin power. Even standing Brock's size and reach could allow him to clip Cain with one of those anvils.. Cain will be difficult to get down, but once Brock gets him down he'll put his chest up on Cain and do his thing. I can see Cain winning though, I'm just going with Brock.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 5:54 pm

Cain beats him up standing. Brock tries to take him down. It doesn't work. Repeat. Fight stops in later rounds.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 5:57 pm

chorky777 wrote:
Cain beats him up standing. Brock tries to take him down. It doesn't work. Repeat. Fight stops in later rounds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Brock will come out and strike with Cain and clip him and get the TD. He will beat on Cain and the ref will stop it. First round TKO!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:03 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
chorky777 wrote:

Yep, something around those lines.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Brock wins by however the fuck he wants!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Similar to the Carwin fight,but Lesnar takes him to the ground the minute he gets buzzed.Lesnar by submission in rd.1.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:02 pm

rofl lesnar by submission round 1
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

He submitted Carwin didn't he?Then G&P by Brock.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:07 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

He submitted Carwin didn't he?Then G&P by Brock.

Yeah and Cain has a bigger neck than Heath has. Lesnar could RNC him.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:29 pm

chorky777 wrote:

Cain has a great gas tank, but Brock's is really good for a HW too. Regardless of wrestling technique/pedigree, if Brock stays fresh how long can you realistically continue to stop a 275 pound athletic freak from taking you down? I could see it happening early maybe but if Brock clinches up and keeps weight up on him, eventually the legs have to start to fade from stopping that monster double and if Brock gets him down with enough time in the round Cain is in big trouble. Just don't think he has enough experience from his back to stop Brock from going chest up and landing those short hammerfists, pot shots, etc. Brock's top game could also be improved obviously since he's still new to the sport. Even though Carwin was finished, he set up that arm triangle really well and was pretty aggressive from top control

Sidenote: does anyone know if he's still got Peter Welch in his camp?

Last edited by bobbitt15 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Against Carwin I had it 60-40 in Brock's favour. In this fight I have it 90-10 in Brock's favour.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:53 pm

bobbitt buying into this hype is so unlike him normally.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:01 pm

I don't think its hype just looking at facts. I could be a better wrestler than someone technique wise but if they were a hulk and strong as fuck, how long could I realistically keep them from getting me down, once I expended energy preventing it when I was fresh.

This isn't to say that there's not a chance it goes the other way and it gets easier for Cain as the fight goes on if Brock gets tired and starts to lose steam on his shots, that's just not the way I see it going. Its going to be an intriguing fight though because I really think its hard to predict how it will play out
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:07 pm

LOL Cain isn't going to get tired. Lesnar hype has claimed another victim.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:16 pm

I think its too early to say that. Cain has great cardio but he's been in nothing but advantageous positions his whole career. I think his tank will be getting zapped a little harder from keeping the biggest man in the UFC from getting him down than from taking down Kongo and Rothwell and beating the shit out of them. And add in the possible adrenaline dump from being in his first title shot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:26 pm

Honestly I am not really sure, but I have a feeling Cain's striking will press Brock to take it to the ground fast.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Bobbit was on the Brock train with a bunch of us since the beginning.

Brock has a great shot despite what some may say, from what we've seen so far and watching Primetime right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:09 pm

I am wondering if Stamina will be the key here, is it possible Cain's relentless pace and tremendous gas tank wear Brock down in the championship rounds ?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:13 pm

Brock has incredible stamina himself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:18 pm

LA wrote:
Brock has incredible stamina himself

He's been the full 15 minutes once, how is he going to cope with Cain's bundles of energy ? what happens if Cain's wrestling experience is able to keep the fight standing ? This fight is extremely intriguing.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:26 pm

Would have been a good point, but Cain has only went a full 15 once himself, and has never even been challenged in a fight, lets see his cardio after Brock puts him hands on him, or has that body pressing him against the cage.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:41 pm

Did Cain buy this magic gas tank that everyone is talking about? I don't get why everyone is talking about it? My guess is that it has been laid out to the MMA community because that makes him look like he has a chance. I don't buy it when a 280lbs mutant viking is having his way with you. Cain better repeat his fight with Nog if he wants a win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you see Brock vs Cain going?   How do you see Brock vs Cain going? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you see Brock vs Cain going?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next