Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bill Belichick insane?

Go down 
+5
gomez1012
marbleheadmaui
OU
boomer sooner
4445Frank
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Bill Belichick insane?  Empty
PostSubject: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:16 am

When alluding to Randy Moss being traded to the Vikings, both Moss and Belichick stated, there’s no major contractual or personality problem behind the move. Bullshit. However, what the hell is Belichick thinking? For that matter, what was he thinking in last years regular season game against the Colts? With less than two minutes left in the game and a small lead, he went for a 1st down from his own 20 on 4th down. Now this?

Belichick, a shoe in for the Hall of Fame, has always made shrewd decisions when it came to firing and hiring players. The only safe “Patriot” is Tom Brady. That said, he’s always stood behind his record to justify his decisions. With 3 Super Bowl wins and one undefeated regular season, who can blame him? My prediction is, this time things will change. Belichick will be humiliated at what his offense becomes in the absence of “Randy Moss.” I think it’s a no brainer. Moss routinely attracted triple coverage from opposing defenses. This opened the door for speedster Wes Welker to do what he wanted along with other Patriot receivers. No more.

My “opinion” (not fact) is that the Pats offense has just become ordinary and New England will have to struggle for a .500 season. I honestly hope I’m wrong since my pre – season Super Bowl pick was “New England vs. Green Bay.” Unfortunately, I don’t think I am.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:18 am

It won't be Green Bay either. Rodgers has zero help. The Pack are the Bills without him.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:55 am

boomer sooner wrote:
It won't be Green Bay either. Rodgers has zero help. The Pack are the Bills without him.
What shocks me is the Pack's defense. I just hope it gets better. Regardless of the problems GB has, it's a great year to be a good team. There's no dominating factor in the NFL this year as far as I can see. My team, the Steelers, even have a chance to make things happen (though Ben should be looking for a job. Different subject). Don't take your eye off the Falcons either. I think it's open season out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:32 am

Bill Belichick insane?  B35da3933c_track04132008
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:41 am

soonermark890 wrote:
Bill Belichick insane?  B35da3933c_track04132008
Funny Stuff. What are your thoughts Sooner? LOL
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:43 am

Bill Belichick insane?  Bill-belichick-sucks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:47 am

I am a raiders fan so I hate both of those guys. But I think Moss is done. He doesnt produce enough. He is a constant problem no matter where he is and sometimes no matter how good you are that is just not worth it. They are like every team, better off without him.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:02 am

I noticed he caused problems with the Raiders. I didn't see any problems with the Pats. Seeing that the move is so sudden and for a 3rd round draft choice, maybe you're on to something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:07 am

4445Frank wrote:
I noticed he caused problems with the Raiders. I didn't see any problems with the Pats. Seeing that the move is so sudden and for a 3rd round draft choice, maybe you're on to something.
Didnt the raiders trade him for the same thing?
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:50 am

Sure Sooner, but I thought he had a big attitude change in New England.

Last edited by 4445Frank on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:52 am

soonermark890 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

If I remember right the Pats got Moss for a 4th rounder and sold him for a 3rd rounder. Could be wrong but that is what I heard on the radio earlier this week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:55 am

OU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

If I remember right the Pats got Moss for a 4th rounder and sold him for a 3rd rounder. Could be wrong but that is what I heard on the radio earlier this week.
He might be the cheapest player in the NFL lol
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:28 pm

4445Frank wrote:
When alluding to Randy Moss being traded to the Vikings, both Moss and Belichick stated, there’s no major contractual or personality problem behind the move. Bullshit. However, what the hell is Belichick thinking? For that matter, what was he thinking in last years regular season game against the Colts? With less than two minutes left in the game and a small lead, he went for a 1st down from his own 20 on 4th down. Now this?

Belichick, a shoe in for the Hall of Fame, has always made shrewd decisions when it came to firing and hiring players. The only safe “Patriot” is Tom Brady. That said, he’s always stood behind his record to justify his decisions. With 3 Super Bowl wins and one undefeated regular season, who can blame him? My prediction is, this time things will change. Belichick will be humiliated at what his offense becomes in the absence of “Randy Moss.” I think it’s a no brainer. Moss routinely attracted triple coverage from opposing defenses. This opened the door for speedster Wes Welker to do what he wanted along with other Patriot receivers. No more.

My “opinion” (not fact) is that the Pats offense has just become ordinary and New England will have to struggle for a .500 season. I honestly hope I’m wrong since my pre – season Super Bowl pick was “New England vs. Green Bay.” Unfortunately, I don’t think I am.

It's pretty clear the fear was Moss would be an increasing problem as things wnet along and it became obvious the pats weren't going to give him a contract extension. The guy has a history of quitting on things when he doesn't like the situation. The Pats have a slew of young players they didn't want influenced by that.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:31 pm

How can you knock Belichick?

Get rid of Moss, plenty of draft picks, trade for Vincent Jackson

Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:33 pm

4445Frank wrote:

THAT was the right move. I was screaming at the TV at the time for the Pats to go for it. The defense was exhausted, the Colts had scored the last two time they had the ball and there was no way the Patriots D was going to gather itself and begin to play better. Manning was gonna score whether it was from 30 yards or 70 yards. It was EXACTLY the same reasoning why in the 2001 SB the Pats wnet for broke with a rookie QB late. They couldn't stop thew Rams anymore bec ause the defense was shot. Here was the problem with what Bill did. If you play it the way he did (the right way in my view) and you fail on fourth down? You MUST order the defense to let the Colts score immediately so you still have time on the clock.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Marble, I've heard the defense to both Belichick decisions. The 2nd decision, getting rid of Moss, is something most of us are looking at from the outside, in. The only thing I have to draw a conclusion on is the rest of the Pats season. If I'm wrong, they'll have at least a 10-6 season. If I'm right..... but the game has to be played. That's the bottom line.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:52 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
I am a raiders fan so I hate both of those guys. But I think Moss is done. He doesnt produce enough. He is a constant problem no matter where he is and sometimes no matter how good you are that is just not worth it. They are like every team, better off without him.

Doesn't produce enough? WTF? Don't be mad just because Randy had to waste a few of his prime years playing for those shithole teams in Oakland
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:13 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

Doesn't produce enough? WTF? Don't be mad just because Randy had to waste a few of his prime years playing for those shithole teams in Oakland

He dogged it so bad when he was here, I cant blame him though

We've been pretty pathetic since 02

Coaches in 05-06, Bill Callahan and Art Shell
QBs in 05-06, Kerry Collins and Aaron Brooks

Sad
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 6:22 pm

4445Frank wrote:
Marble, I've heard the defense to both Belichick decisions. The 2nd decision, getting rid of Moss, is something most of us are looking at from the outside, in. The only thing I have to draw a conclusion on is the rest of the Pats season. If I'm wrong, they'll have at least a 10-6 season. If I'm right..... but the game has to be played. That's the bottom line.

I've been following this pretty closely through the Boston papers, blogs and WEEI the Boiston Sports radio station. It's pretty clear the belief, right or wrong, is that Moss was expected to be a problem going forward.

A fascinating rumor that began almost immediately up there is that this was only part of the whole scenario. The rest was the Pats packaging the disgruntled Logan Mankins and a draft choice or two to the Chargers for Vincent Jackson.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:03 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

I've been following this pretty closely through the Boston papers, blogs and WEEI the Boiston Sports radio station. It's pretty clear the belief, right or wrong, is that Moss was expected to be a problem going forward.

A fascinating rumor that began almost immediately up there is that this was only part of the whole scenario. The rest was the Pats packaging the disgruntled Logan Mankins and a draft choice or two to the Chargers for Vincent Jackson.
When are they supposed to get Jackson? This season?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:04 pm

4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Over the next ten days. Like I said, this is mere rumor.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:06 pm

[quote="marbleheadmaui"]
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Over the next ten days. Like I said, this is mere rumor.[/quote]Marble, you sound like a great fan of the Patriots. You better hope it's true. (smile).
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:20 pm

[quote="4445Frank"]
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Over the next ten days. Like I said, this is mere rumor.[/quote]Marble, you sound like a great fan of the Patriots. You better hope it's true. (smile).

Went to my first game in 1973. I am ever hopeful.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:31 pm

They are trying to trade with two un-signed players?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:38 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
They are trying to trade with two un-signed players?

Yup. The idea is both get signed as part of the process. No idea if the rumor has legs or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bill Belichick insane?    Bill Belichick insane?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Bill Belichick insane?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next