[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:30 am

I drink those a lot and was wondering if they are bad for you. They seem to work but that does not mean they are good for you? Anyone know of any energy drink that works that is ok for your body?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit
Posts : 14874
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 28
Location : Cincinnati

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:33 am

Not really if its in moderation, just a boost of vitamins and shit with a little caffeine. Not sure why anyone would need to be popping those all the time though

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OU
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43455
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:39 am

never had 5 hour energy. I'm an AMP guy. But I'm sure those are not good for you haha

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:43 am

I was addicted to V energy drinks. Would drink up to 4 bottles a day. Then about 2 years ago my body couldn't handle it anymore. I slept about 10 hours total in about 4 days and my heart was beating too quick. It caused me high blood pressure. I'm off it now and my body and mind feel so much better. Trust me you should stop now.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43455
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:47 am

I use to work at a call center, I had 10 hour shifts and didn't get off until 1am so I use to drink an orange Monster everyday. But never drank more then 1. It was either that or 3 cups of coffee with more sugar then coffee.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar
Posts : 3378
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 36
Location : atlanta

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:07 am

in moderation is fine. just dont go rampage jackson on that ass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ
Posts : 3973
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 35
Location : London,Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:13 am

OU wrote:
I use to work at a call center, I had 10 hour shifts and didn't get off until 1am so I use to drink an orange Monster everyday. But never drank more then 1. It was either that or 3 cups of coffee with more sugar then coffee.


I'm drinkng an orange monster right now! That's my shit but I never drink more than two a day, one in the morning just like someone would their coffee, and one after work any more than that and it does fuck my body up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ
Posts : 3973
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 35
Location : London,Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:14 am

I used to go train right after work an throw up all the monster I drank throughout the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OU
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43455
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:29 am

MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
I use to work at a call center, I had 10 hour shifts and didn't get off until 1am so I use to drink an orange Monster everyday. But never drank more then 1. It was either that or 3 cups of coffee with more sugar then coffee.


I'm drinkng an orange monster right now! That's my shit but I never drink more than two a day, one in the morning just like someone would their coffee, and one after work any more than that and it does fuck my body up.

Yeah I like the orange Monster, shit is pretty good. I use to drink them everyday now I just drink about 1-2 a week.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:06 pm

5 hours are better for you than the sugary ones. You'll get immune to them over time and a second one never really works in the same day but at first you'll be amazed when you take it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ
Posts : 3973
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 35
Location : London,Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
5 hours are better for you than the sugary ones. You'll get immune to them over time and a second one never really works in the same day but at first you'll be amazed when you take it.



Yeah but the taste of those things will make your tastebuds fall out.... nasty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OU
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43455
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:13 pm

yeah I have thought about trying those things. Sometimes energy drinks make my stomach hurt in the morning.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:28 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Not really if its in moderation, just a boost of vitamins and shit with a little caffeine. Not sure why anyone would need to be popping those all the time though
I have a baby in the house that doesnt think I should sleep. LOL
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ
Posts : 3973
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 35
Location : London,Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:30 pm

Sad fact is all this energy shit is bad for you but that's how life goes right, if you like something and it makes you feel good most of the time its gonna be bad for you or the wrong thing to do. I honestly think everything effects people deferent and you got to listen to your body. If you were bouncing of the walls off a can of pop when you were a kid, then this stuff is obviously not for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:31 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
5 hours are better for you than the sugary ones. You'll get immune to them over time and a second one never really works in the same day but at first you'll be amazed when you take it.



Yeah but the taste of those things will make your tastebuds fall out.... nasty.
They are nasty. Its good that its a shot instead of a drink. LOL
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ
Posts : 3973
Join date : 2009-08-13
Age : 35
Location : London,Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:34 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
5 hours are better for you than the sugary ones. You'll get immune to them over time and a second one never really works in the same day but at first you'll be amazed when you take it.



Yeah but the taste of those things will make your tastebuds fall out.... nasty.
They are nasty. Its good that its a shot instead of a drink. LOL


I guess it's also good that they're nasty because you don't want to drink that much, this monster tastes great and it makes you think about drinking another one when they taste good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:40 pm

V was my favorite tasting drink. Nothing tasted better on a hot day.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43455
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:01 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
5 hours are better for you than the sugary ones. You'll get immune to them over time and a second one never really works in the same day but at first you'll be amazed when you take it.



Yeah but the taste of those things will make your tastebuds fall out.... nasty.
They are nasty. Its good that its a shot instead of a drink. LOL


I guess it's also good that they're nasty because you don't want to drink that much, this monster tastes great and it makes you think about drinking another one when they taste good.

Yea that's true, I love the taste of those orange monsters.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis
Posts : 10926
Join date : 2009-12-04
Age : 41
Location : Kentuckiana

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:18 pm

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
I use to work at a call center, I had 10 hour shifts and didn't get off until 1am so I use to drink an orange Monster everyday. But never drank more then 1. It was either that or 3 cups of coffee with more sugar then coffee.


I'm drinkng an orange monster right now! That's my shit but I never drink more than two a day, one in the morning just like someone would their coffee, and one after work any more than that and it does fuck my body up.

Yeah I like the orange Monster, shit is pretty good. I use to drink them everyday now I just drink about 1-2 a week.


I just had my first orange monster drink. That shit is the bomb! 5 hour energy is not bad if you take one a day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OU
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43455
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:21 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
I use to work at a call center, I had 10 hour shifts and didn't get off until 1am so I use to drink an orange Monster everyday. But never drank more then 1. It was either that or 3 cups of coffee with more sugar then coffee.


I'm drinkng an orange monster right now! That's my shit but I never drink more than two a day, one in the morning just like someone would their coffee, and one after work any more than that and it does fuck my body up.

Yeah I like the orange Monster, shit is pretty good. I use to drink them everyday now I just drink about 1-2 a week.


I just had my first orange monster drink. That shit is the bomb! 5 hour energy is not bad if you take one a day.

Welcome to the club. Your t-shirt is in the mail.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit
Posts : 14874
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 28
Location : Cincinnati

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:01 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
I use to work at a call center, I had 10 hour shifts and didn't get off until 1am so I use to drink an orange Monster everyday. But never drank more then 1. It was either that or 3 cups of coffee with more sugar then coffee.


I'm drinkng an orange monster right now! That's my shit but I never drink more than two a day, one in the morning just like someone would their coffee, and one after work any more than that and it does fuck my body up.

Yeah I like the orange Monster, shit is pretty good. I use to drink them everyday now I just drink about 1-2 a week.


I just had my first orange monster drink. That shit is the bomb! 5 hour energy is not bad if you take one a day.

Why the fuck would you have to take a 5 hour energy every day?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey
Posts : 18955
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:04 pm

I used to take them daily. You get reliant on them fast. You don't "need" them anymore than you need a cup of coffee. The question is rather silly. That huge dose of B-vitamins is always great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt


Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit
Posts : 14874
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 28
Location : Cincinnati

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:07 pm

Isn't it like 20 bucks for a 6 pack?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OU
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43455
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 31
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:08 pm

if you want to cut back just do a little crack. You can find a nice crack dealer. One that's like "hey, what's up? Want some crack?"

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:10 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Isn't it like 20 bucks for a 6 pack?
No its like 15
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   

Back to top Go down
 
Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» CASTROL SIX HOUR BOOK
» Happy Hour!
» Three KIldare Players on Bord Gáis Energy Division 1 Team of the League
» 72 hour sale at Running warehouse
» JACK LANGE ENERGY SHAFT

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: