Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal

Go down 
+3
Cu Bu
SOKO
KingsOwn19
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal Empty
PostSubject: Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal   Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:06 am

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal   Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:12 am

Hey man, it's not like these guys are set for life. There are certain fighters that will be able to walk away and be set...like if Brock lost a couple fights in a row he can walk away set. Fedor could. Chuck, etc.

Trigg on the other hand. Never really paid big money and has invested a lifetime in MMA so as long as there is still money for him in MMA then there is no rush to retire. So he got knocked out by Koscheck and Serra, he was doing good in these KOTC or lower level shows like this one in isreal before going back to the UFC.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal   Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:32 am

yeah let him fight in other orgs but if he loses 2-3 fights wrap it up and save what little legacy you still have. Good luck frank.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal   Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:22 am

he still has a gym in cali last I heard.

he standup seems to be getting worse however and was never great to begin with
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal   Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Yeah, he's old... Yeah, he's past his prime... But when he's not in the UFC he fares pretty well and can still make some money. I just don't want anyone to tell me he's a top-10 talent because he racks up 3 or 4 straight wins fighting for The Jamaican Ultimate Combat League!!!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal   Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:11 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Yeah, he's old... Yeah, he's past his prime... But when he's not in the UFC he fares pretty well and can still make some money. I just don't want anyone to tell me he's a top-10 talent because he racks up 3 or 4 straight wins fighting for The Jamaican Ultimate Combat League!!!

I think u are safe in this regard.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal   Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:37 pm

I don't know Cappy... Just a year ago, after beating DeWees, Makoto Takimoto, Falaniko Vitale and the ever impressive Danny Babcock before heading back to the UFC he was top-10 at MW on MANY sheets. People see a known name and a few insignificant wins, and suddenly they're back to prime form...
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal   Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:44 pm

^ you got a point ltfg
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal   Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:46 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
I don't know Cappy... Just a year ago, after beating DeWees, Makoto Takimoto, Falaniko Vitale and the ever impressive Danny Babcock before heading back to the UFC he was top-10 at MW on MANY sheets. People see a known name and a few insignificant wins, and suddenly they're back to prime form...

To be fair the MW division is pretty weak still. Hard to find 10 legit MW every time that hands down should be on that list. For example currently Blecher and Leben are tied for 10th in Ninja Place's rankings. So Leben suffers back to back loses but 3 wins later he is now top 10? 1 of those wins against the same Jay Silva that was destroyed by Hector Lomard in 1.5 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal   Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:07 pm

It's cool to pretend the Miller and Misaki fights never happened as long as it proves a point about how much better fighters with UFC on their gloves are. Trigg would still beat a lot of guys in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal   Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:38 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

To be fair the MW division is pretty weak still. Hard to find 10 legit MW every time that hands down should be on that list. For example currently Blecher and Leben are tied for 10th in Ninja Place's rankings. So Leben suffers back to back loses but 3 wins later he is now top 10? 1 of those wins against the same Jay Silva that was destroyed by Hector Lomard in 1.5 seconds.

I'd take Leben or Belcher over Trigg any day of the week. Trigg will be relegated to C level orgs for as long as they allow him to fight. I have no problem with that... I just don't want to hear about him landing on top-10 sheets after grinding out decision wins over fighters most have never heard of...
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal   Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:39 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
It's cool to pretend the Miller and Misaki fights never happened as long as it proves a point about how much better fighters with UFC on their gloves are. Trigg would still beat a lot of guys in the UFC.

As would Thales Leites... Doesn't make him a legit top-10 fighter though...
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal   Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:56 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

As would Thales Leites... Doesn't make him a legit top-10 fighter though...

I think that is in line with Wolf's argument.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal   Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 7:17 pm

Thanks capt.

Frank Trigg would beat Thales Leites to death.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal   Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:03 pm

Frank Trigg vs. Thales Leites would make sense right now, maybe the next shark fights.

Trigg racked up some quality wins at MW before going back to the UFC as a WW. I never had him in my top 10 but he definetly earned a trip back to the UFC. Unfortunatly for him is he was a past contender in the UFC so they can easily sell him against guys like Koscheck so his return was doomed from the start. I expected a lot better from him in the Matt Serra fight though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal   Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal Empty

Back to top Go down

Frank Trigg refusing to retire, to fight on Nov 9th in Isreal
Page 1 of 1