Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.  Empty
PostSubject: Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.    Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.  EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:32 am

"I'm very sorry for the accusations I made. Nate Marquardt did not cheat in any way, and I'm very sorry to him and his team for my actions in the fight... I congratulate Nate on his win. I learned another lesson for my career in the fight, and I apologize to Nate, his team and the UFC for any issues I contributed to. Nate is not a dirty fighter, and I was wrong to accuse him of cheating in any way."
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.    Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.  EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:21 am

Where did you find that story Wolf?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.    Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.  EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:30 am

Palhares has been in the dog house enough. He can't make an issue out of this, he doesn't have that option. Good job by his camp and forcing him to just swallow this and move on. You can tell by his immediate reactions in the cage this is not what he REALLY thinks.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.    Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.  EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:38 am

Palhares apologizes for false accusations; team congratulates Marquardt on win
by John Morgan on Sep 16, 2010 at 2:30 am ET
AUSTIN, Texas – UFC middleweight contender Rousimar Palhares (11-3 MMA, 4-2 UFC) has a simple explanation for his actions in the main event of Wednesday night's UFC Fight Night 22 card.

He was wrong.

"I'm very sorry for the accusations I made," Palhares told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "Nate Marquardt did not cheat in any way, and I'm very sorry to him and his team for my actions in the fight."

Palhares, a submission whiz, has made a career of catching opponents in painful leg locks. But when he tried to secure such a hold on Marquardt, the Colorado resident yanked his limb free almost immediately.

Palhares instantly claimed something was wrong and tried to alert referee Herb Dean to a potential case of greasing, but Marquardt took advantage of his foe's lapse in concentration and pounced with a series of strikes that forced the official to halt the bout just 3 minutes and 28 seconds into the first round.

Palhares' head trainer at Brazilian Top Team, MMA legend Murilo Bustamante, said even if "Toquinho" had been right about the potential greasing, he should have waited until the end of the round to address it.

"He should have never stopped," Bustamante said. "Nate won fair and square and did exactly what he should have. Rousimar knows it's imperative to protect yourself at all times, and he failed to do that."

Palhares' longtime manager, Alex Davis, said that greasing has proved an issue in previous bouts for the middleweight, and in one of the most important fights of his career, the 30-year-old just froze.

"Rousimar has had to deal with opponents greasing before," Davis said. "I truly believe it's turned into a paranoia for him. When Nate's leg slipped out so quickly, Rousimar froze. You could tell he was just thinking, 'Here we go again.'

"But I looked at Nate's legs myself. The commission checked them out, too. There was certainly no grease there. It was our error, and we owe Nate an apology, as well as Greg Jackson and the rest of his coaches and team."

Palhares was understandably disappointed by the result of the fight, and he'll unquestionably be haunted for some time by the split-second decision to look away from his opponent that ultimately led to the end of the fight.

But after dealing with his own challenges of being labeled as a "dirty fighter" following his March win over Tomasz Drwal, Palhares wants to make certain Marquardt's name is never brought up in such discussions.

"I congratulate Nate on his win," Palhares said. "I learned another lesson for my career in the fight, and I apologize to Nate, his team and the UFC for any issues I contributed to.

"Nate is not a dirty fighter, and I was wrong to accuse him of cheating in any way
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.    Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.  EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:39 am

paul was not pointing at ref herb dean, herb was to the side when paulharris was pointing in another direction
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.    Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.  EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Yeah just read this on MMAjunkie, never really thought he did, just the trend of Jackson's guys
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.    Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.  EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 3:07 pm

Quote :
"After the fight, [Palhares] was complaining. He thought I had something slippery on my legs. The referee, Herb Dean, wiped my legs with a paper towel. He said he was going to wait for the sweat to dry, and then if there was grease left over, it would leave a mark. There was nothing left over. Also, the commissioner came over and with his bare hand checked my legs and said that I was good to go."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.    Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.  EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:55 pm

Why do I get the feeling that statement was handed to Palhares by a Zuffa suit.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.    Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:21 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Why do I get the feeling that statement was handed to Palhares by a Zuffa suit.

Because Palhares made a fool of himself in the main event. The commission tested dude. He was clean. Time to let this go. As if a fucking heelhook was going to work on Nate Mardquartd anyway.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.    Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:53 am

No shit, Wolf. Nate is too smart for that anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.    Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Palhares - Nate is not a dirty fighter, I was wrong to accuse him.
Page 1 of 1