Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )

Go down 
+3
hardcoreBEE24
flapanther2001
Birdofthad
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) Empty
PostSubject: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:12 am

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:24 am

how do i use those links?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:25 am

Birdofthad wrote:
how do i use those links?

You need to tick a certain box in the preferences part of your profile. I forgot which one it is but once you do that the video will appear.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:26 am

k
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:27 am

aha

its html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:27 am

I added another link, you should be able to see that one.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:31 am

watch a micky ward fight

watch Mark wahlberg pretend to be micky ward

hmmm?
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

Favorite Fighter(s) : Aaron Pryor, Rocky Marciano, Arturo Gatti

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:32 am

I still don't get it. There's no big happy ending like Rocky. What's the tag line.."Work hard & you can be a journyman too"?
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:42 am

Birdofthad wrote:
watch a micky ward fight

watch Mark wahlberg pretend to be micky ward

hmmm?
Exactly...knowing Mickey and having seen him fight & talk, it's difficult to watch Wahlberg play him. Even worse is watching Bale play Dickie Eklund. He's not even close. I guess for the average fan it might work.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:45 am

This seemed like a pointless movie to make. I don't get it. Why would they make a movie about a fighter that still had to work a 9-5? What's next the Louis Collazzo Story?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:50 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
This seemed like a pointless movie to make. I don't get it. Why would they make a movie about a fighter that still had to work a 9-5? What's next the Louis Collazzo Story?

Well the fact people like Brad Pitt,Matt Damon and Darran Arnofsky have been attached to this movie at one stage tells me it should be special.

Christian Bale looks like he'll finally get an Oscar nod for his role as the trainer.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:52 am

I cant stand Bale
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:54 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:

Well the fact people like Brad Pitt,Matt Damon and Darran Arnofsky have been attached to this movie at one stage tells me it should be special.

Christian Bale looks like he'll finally get an Oscar nod for his role as the trainer.
LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:58 am

flapanther2001 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:

LOL

?

Not a fan of quality film making ?
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:00 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:

Attatched at one point but no longer involved. This will be a lnother fluff piece that we already know the ending to. This is Walbergh's pet project he campaigned to get greenlit because ot Wards shared Irish ancestry and statehood. Id be more interested in the Peterson Bros story or Rocky Lockridge or the Rueles Bros meeting Dan Goossen while trying to sell him fruit after escaping their bean farm in Mexico for a better life in the states.
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:14 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:

LOL

?

Not a fan of quality film making ?
I'm a big fan of quality film making....hence my LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:16 am

Why are the LO then ?
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:18 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Why are the LO then ?

Because this movie is going to be shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:20 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Why are the LO then ?

Because this movie is going to be shit.

To each is own, I like the look of it alot.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:21 am

This movie has a lot of Oscar buzz. Apparently it won't be good enough for the boxing crowd though lol
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:28 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
This movie has a lot of Oscar buzz. Apparently it won't be good enough for the boxing crowd though lol

I thought the fucking Blind Side was shit too and Bullock won best actress for it. Fuck inspirational sports films. The only one worth anything besides Rocky is Rudy. No problems with Rudy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:32 am

bobbitt15 wrote:

Yeah I am a bit surprised by the lukewarm reactions.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:36 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

I thought the fucking Blind Side was shit too and Bullock won best actress for it. Fuck inspirational sports films. The only one worth anything besides Rocky is Rudy. No problems with Rudy.

Eh the Blind Side seemed like an obvious piece of family movie shit from the beginning though. This will most likely have a harder edge to it and I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the performances of Bale and Wahlberg
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:39 am

I kind of liken this movie to "Invincible". Most people (including myself) had never heard of Vince Papale or seen him play. Had I known Papale personally I may not have enjoyed Wahlberg's portrayal of him. Boxing fans know Mickey Ward...older, hardcore fans know Eklund. Maybe the movie will do well. When I commented about it to my wife, she said, "But we're still going to watch it anyway, right?" My response.."Hell yeah."
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:16 pm

I have a problem with Rudy. Alot of the shit is made up!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )   The Fighter trailer (Movie about  Micky Ward ) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fighter trailer (Movie about Micky Ward )
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next