Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???

Go down 
+6
captainanddew
Groundhog_Day
Hillsicc303
gomez1012
Birdofthad
sugarrayhatton
10 posters
AuthorMessage
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:01 pm

the froch v abraham postponement and the marquez v lopez fight are recent examples, but all year this has been happening, i cant even remember most of them, macklin v barker too, ahhh jeez it has been crazy
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:06 pm

the exact opposite of what the sport needs
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:09 pm

+1 Bird

And SRH, I dont recall any year being this bad where almost every major/significant fight falls apart/post poned
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:14 pm

I think and really hope its just a bad year for boxing. I am optimistic about next year but its becoming very hard to keep defending it when all this keeps occuring. Its like being an Allan Green fan.
Back to top Go down
Hillsicc303
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:24 pm

This year has indeed been hard to be a boxing fan. For the first time in my life, my interest in the sport has wained a little due to all of the BS that has gone on lately...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Injuries happen all the time, we're just unlucky that it's happened to the high profile boxers this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Injuries happen all the time, we're just unlucky that it's happened to the high profile boxers this year.
I am thinking like you on this one. I think its just a coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny Pacquiao

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Two things to blame.

1. Fighters not behaving like fighters.
2. HBO/Al Haymon
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:32 pm

I would venture that Froch is legitimately injured. He may whine outside of the ring, but he shows up and fights his ass off.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:56 pm

When your fighters get injured and everyone else are pussies, what can you expect?

UFC.com

HDnetfights.com

Strikeforce.com

Bellator.com

Fighters found in the above links. Just don't expect everyone to have tucked chins.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:09 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
When your fighters get injured and everyone else are pussies, what can you expect?

UFC.com

HDnetfights.com

Strikeforce.com

Bellator.com

Fighters found in the above links. Just don't expect everyone to have tucked chins.

Injuries happen in MMA too Woflie.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:11 am

that guy looks like the mexican version of Dan Hardy Ali hahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:13 am

Birdofthad wrote:
that guy looks like the mexican version of Dan Hardy Ali hahaha

It's Brandon Rios.

Seriously Bird get HBO and Showtime hooked up ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:18 am

hahha i will try my good man I will try

Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:32 am

We need some young prospects to be excited about who wont get hurt. My pick: Brandon Rios, the guy took like five shots to the nuts and didn't stop swinging against Peterson. This kid has a bright future and he's tough as nails.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:42 am

I know injuries happen in MMA, but so do relevant fights. Strange no?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:55 am

I think it was almost as bad last year for fights being cancelled. The year started great with Mosley-Margo and Marquez-Diaz but after that every good fight was being cancelled. It did end well with Cotto-Pac and Williams-Martinez though. This year has been worse though. I don't think there has been as many fights cancelled but most of the fights we've gotten have been disappointing. Best fights I've seen this year have been Froch-Kessler and Dirrell-Abraham. I haven't seen Calderon-Segura or Martinez-Burns yet though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:56 am

Too many chiefs in Boxing which makes everything harder.
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:00 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Too many chiefs in Boxing which makes everything harder.
Yeah Oscar should just be in charge of everything. Hes the man.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:54 am

the anser is nooooooo..ive never seen anything like this in 60 years ive watched boxing..never read anything like this either on the sport since day 1..its a unbelievable bunch of events that seem to get worse almost weekly..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:27 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
We need some young prospects to be excited about who wont get hurt. My pick: Brandon Rios, the guy took like five shots to the nuts and didn't stop swinging against Peterson. This kid has a bright future and he's tough as nails.
I agree. His next fight should be against a top 5 guy IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I know injuries happen in MMA, but so do relevant fights. Strange no?

Come on Wolfie lets not start this tired old tedious debate again, MMA is no saint there are plenty of big fights have never happened for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???   Have you ever seen so many fights falling through??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you ever seen so many fights falling through???
Page 1 of 1