Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time

Go down 
+8
marbleheadmaui
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
KrazyHorseBennett
bobbitt15
Thomasdrrn09
timthebim
NoRegret
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time   VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:35 pm

Radiohead had the best album of the 90's and the best album of the 00's according to almost all major music publications. Regardless of what genre the magazine specialized in they almost all picked ok computer as the top of the 90's and kid as the top of the 00's.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time   VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:28 pm

Show me proof.

I doubt they would be considered better than ALOT of albums from the 90s and whoever thinks they did have better albums than a few others....musta been stoned outta their minds when writing that.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time   VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:50 pm

I love Radiohead thomas but quit treating your opinion as fact.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time   VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:49 pm

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time   VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:05 am

It's opinion Thomas and you are referencing a list that ranks M.I.A-Kala(which was decent) in the top 10 for a DECADE?

Would you agree that the 2nd best album of the 2000's was The Strokes-Is this it like the first list you posted suggested?

Kid A and OK Computer are great albums. However, My favorite album from the 2000's and 1990's didnt even make the list that seem to ignore certain sounds that have every bit of the cult following and international success as a band like Radiohead, Sigor Ros and The Strokes...like Tool- Lateralus which exclusion damages credibilty. What makes you look like an ass is that you are calling other people ignorant if they like something else more than Radiohead and they feel they have done better stuff than Radiohead. It's not hard for people to make the assumption that GnR and Aerosmith have done better work than Radiohead when you look at success, hits, etc but then again, they are competely different bands.

Note that i don't think Aerosmith is better than Radiohead. GnR in their day...i'd probably keep Appetite For Destruction and Use You Illusion 1 & 2 before Kid A considering my favorite Radiohead album is The Bends and i love GnR before irrelevancy.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time   VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:29 am

+1 Kings

Radiohead is a better band that Aerosmith. If GnR had a longer run I probably would've had them ahead but I'd say Radiohead there as well. Its all opinion though

And BTW, I'd consider Radiohead probably my favorite band out there today and Kid A is NOWHERE near the top album of the 2000s IMO
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time   VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:20 pm

Where's Thin Lizzy?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time   VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:22 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:
Where's Thin Lizzy?

Remember that night over at Johnny's Place?
Man this chick got up and she slapped Johnny's face,
man, we just fell about the place
If that chick don't wanna go FORGET HER!
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time   VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:21 pm

none of the rap belonged on there.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time   VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:23 pm

I can't believe they even list Tupac! He couldn't sing, he couldn't play and instrument. Now if it was a poetry competition, fine. He could be 2nd behind Bob Dylan who still can't sing, but at least can play a guitar and Harmonica, as well as having great oetry. That list is just shit.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time   VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:42 pm

To put Tupac in the same sentence as Bob Dylan in writing is an insult to Bob...and i like Tupac.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time   VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Putting someone, with no true musical training on the list is an insult. It is like comparing a guy who is learning bass guitar for a week to Les Claypool, it just doesn't work. But I see what you are saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time   VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

VH-1's 100 greatest artists/bands of all time
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2