Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This weekend alot of fights

Go down 
+2
Canvas
captainanddew
6 posters
AuthorMessage
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

This weekend alot of fights Empty
PostSubject: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:53 pm

Don't feel like waiting till Friday to post Ring.com's weekend preview (though I will on Friday). there is more than just Wlad this weekend. There is alot of good fights. Shobox, Telefutura on Friday. Wlad, HBO (Gamboa vs Salido, Peterson vs Rios), Erik Morales-PPV on Saturday. Pretty good weekend for boxing and then the first Sunday of NFL. I'm pumped.

At London (Showtime, same-day tape): John O'Donnell vs. Terrence Cauthen, 12 rounds, welterweights; Tyson Fury vs. Rich Power, 8 rounds, heavyweights; Lee Purdy vs. TBA, 10 rounds, welterweights; Tyler Goodjohn vs. TBA, 4 rounds, junior welterweights; John Ryder vs. TBA, 4 rounds, middleweights

At San Diego (Telefutura): Christopher Martin vs. Jose Luis Araiza, 8 rounds, junior featherweights; Luis Enrique Grajeda vs. Alan Sanchez, 8 rounds, welterweights; Lester Gonzalez vs. TBA, 6 rounds, junior middleweights; Manuel Robles vs. Luis Sanchez, 4 rounds, junior welterweights; James Parison vs. TBA, 6 rounds, super middleweights; Pablo Armenta vs. Alejandro Cruz, 4 rounds, featherweights; Salvador Cifuentes vs. Danny Pantoja, 4 rounds, featherweights

September 11
At Frankfurt, Germany (ESPN3.com live, ESPN Deportes same-day tape, ESPN next-day tape): Wladimir Klitschko vs. Samuel Peter, rematch, 12 rounds, for Klitschko's Ring/IBF/WBO heavyweight title; Jonathon Banks vs. Saul Montana, 12 rounds, heavyweights; Gabor Veto vs. Philip Schuster, 6 rounds, lightweights; Ali Ahraoui vs. Janos Varga, 4 or 6 rounds, welterweights; Dominique Dolton vs. Norbert Szekeres, 6 rounds, junior middleweights; Bjoern Blaschke vs. Sven Hasselhuhn, 4 or 6 rounds, cruiserweights

At Las Vegas (HBO): Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Orlando Salido, 12 rounds, WBA/IBF featherweight unification; Anthony Peterson vs. Brandon Rios, 12 rounds, WBA lightweight eliminator; Diego Magdaleno vs. Carlos Olivera, 8 rounds, junior lightweights; Jose Benavidez vs. Manuel Del Cid, 6 rounds, junior welterweights; Matvey Korobov vs. Anthony Greenidge, 8 rounds, middleweights; Mike Lee vs. Alex Rivera, 4 rounds, light heavyweights; Danny Escobar vs. TBA, 6 rounds, junior welterweights

At Mexico City (Integrated Sports PPV): Erik Morales vs. Willie Limond, 12 rounds, welterweights; Edgar Sosa vs. Ryan Bito, 12 rounds, flyweights; Juan Carlos Burgos vs. Joan de Guai, 12 rounds, featherweights; Ana Maria Torres vs. Alesia Graf, 10 rounds, female junior bantamweights; Daniel Estrada vs. Reyes Sanchez, 12 rounds, lightweights; Ramon Ayala vs. Armando Cordova, 10 rounds, lightweights; Miguel Angel Gonzalez vs. TBA, 8 rounds, welterweights

At Sunderland, England: Steve Molitor vs. Jason Booth, 12 rounds, for Molitor's IBF junior featherweight title; Matthew Marsh vs. Kris Hughes, 12 rounds, for vacant Commonwealth junior featherweight title; Martin Lindsay vs. David Kiilu, 8 rounds, featherweights; Travis Dickinson vs. Shon Davies, 6 rounds, super middleweights; Tony Jeffries vs. TBA, 8 rounds, super middleweights

At Dublin: Brian Magee vs. Roman Aramian, 12 rounds, for Magee's European super middleweight title; Kiko Martinez vs. Arsen Martirosyan, 12 rounds, for vacant European junior featherweight title; Anthony Fitzgerald vs. Robbie Long, rubber match, 10 rounds, super middleweights
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:55 pm

I am chuffed because Sky have merged Wladimir vs Peter with Molitor vs Booth.

BTW Burns made the Scottish 6pm news Smile
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:56 pm

I once had Sky. Living in Jersey. No idea why it was on the cable, but got the channels and there it was. I wasn't complaining.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:57 pm

what does that mean Ali, "merged" ? Are they showing both fights?
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:58 pm

the 11th is loaded..yep fotball starts thursday night.im a long time packer fan but common brett..please start some links for the wlad fight..i dont get espn and its live on what espn 3 is that via computer and you gotta be a member type of thing..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:58 pm

captainanddew wrote:
I once had Sky. Living in Jersey. No idea why it was on the cable, but got the channels and there it was. I wasn't complaining.

I wish HBO or Showtime would venture across the Atlantic like ESPN have done, I'd be happy to pay extra for both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Canvas wrote:
what does that mean Ali, "merged" ? Are they showing both fights?

Yeah basically Sky are going to show both fights live on the same night.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:00 pm

awesome
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:11 pm

I have Sky Sports News, but they dont show anything besides highlights/scores
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:12 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
I have Sky Sports News, but they dont show anything besides highlights/scores

I watch Sky Sports news mainly for the football news and hot female presenters.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:18 pm

DMAR,
I look forward to the start of the NFL season for so many reasons. Captain's top 10 reasons:

1-I love American football
2-I love to play fantasy football; where else can you meet up with friends from undergrad and have intellectual discussions like, "if the steelers plane crashed, the barbecue to celebrate is at my house or how in the blue hell are you offering me those 3 shitty players in a trade"
3-start of the season signifies that fall and then winter will be here, and since I like cold weather and detest anything over 65 degrees, I am about to enter my happy seasons
4-first weekend-my wife cooks a turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, etc... Sounds like Thansgiving you say! Hell yes, we are giving thanks for the NFL!!!!
5-Its always fun to teach your 3 year old son about football; where else can you get 3 hours of, "why did they do that daddy????"
6-The Redskins haven't started to suck yet when the season starts. Even though I know that they will eventually be somewhere from shitty to mediocre, I can at least dream at the beginning of the season
7-No more of my wife asking for the remote on Sunday afternoons to put on girlie movies. If I had to watch another flick with Katherine Heigel, Julia Roberts, or Cameron Diaz again, it would be too soon
8-Where else can you see all the guys who would have been heavyweights 50 years ago- in the NFL!!!
9-Marathon days. Games at 1, 4, 8, an entire Sunday extravaganza. If the NFL were food, it would be the biggest buffet ever
10-My wife knows very little about football. About the only thing she knows is Peyton Manning does something for her. Do I care? No, as long as she focuses that energy on me.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:24 pm

captain funny..im the oposite.born and raised in frezzing weather 25 years in west palm beach fl spoils me..i miss john madden and pat summeral..love brett favre the packers and lambeo field..hate the steelers cowboys and vikings although brett makes me root for them also..blastphamey lol..still think johnny unitas is one of the 2 greatest ever..love footbasll in the snow rain and mud and muddy uniforms..hate domes artifical turf and sneakers on the playing field.like dick butkus ray nitchke hard nose clean rough football...miss barry sanders and jerry rice..hate the dolphins also.....enjoyed the simple genuis of lombardi ...baseball in full playoff mode football starting hockey soon and big fights..oct a great sports month...
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:34 pm

I look foward for this weekend, we forget how great the fall is because of sports. Good thing for us Boxing picks up and the fall and ends strong through the winter. Also my 9ers are something to watch out for this season for American Football. Basekball starts up and baseball is winding down to the good part. My Giants look to make it far this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:54 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

+1

Charlotte Jackson and Georgie Thomson Smile
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:13 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Charlotte Jackson and Georgie Thomson Smile

ESPN REALLY needs to change its tune w/female broadcasters, learn from the latin and european networks, they get some FINE females reporting on sports

Anyways, wonder who's calling the Peter-Wlad fight for ESPN?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:35 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
the 11th is loaded..yep fotball starts thursday night.im a long time packer fan but common brett..please start some links for the wlad fight..i dont get espn and its live on what espn 3 is that via computer and you gotta be a member type of thing..
Its just a link on ESPN. Anyone can watch it you dont have to be a member. What is the fight time?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:42 pm

Grady Brewer and George "Comanche Boy" Tahdooahnippah both have fights here in Lawton this weekend.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Grady Brewer is a pro, a journeyman but always comes to fight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:52 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Grady Brewer is a pro, a journeyman but always comes to fight
So is the Comanche Boy. That guy is so fun to watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:52 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Grady Brewer and George "Comanche Boy" Tahdooahnippah both have fights here in Lawton this weekend.
That sucks I will be at the Florida State game.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:54 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Me too, but I think I'll make it back in time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:02 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Hey I will be tailgating on the south side of the stadium. All the way at the west end of the tents. My wifes boss sets up there. You can come by and grab a few free beers with me if you want.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:16 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Hey I will be tailgating on the south side of the stadium. All the way at the west end of the tents. My wifes boss sets up there. You can come by and grab a few free beers with me if you want.

Hell yea that is awesome. We always walk through that area for awhile before the games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:19 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Hell yea that is awesome. We always walk through that area for awhile before the games.
They are pretty cool people. They are a little uptight because most of them are doctors but hey FREE BEER.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This weekend alot of fights   This weekend alot of fights Empty

Back to top Go down

This weekend alot of fights
Page 1 of 1