Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING Empty
PostSubject: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:02 pm

its working..the conspiracy to destroy boxing..dont need any meetings all involved are doing a perfect job.the fighters the promoters and the 756 phoney commisions..boxing today is a huge fucking joke thanks to these folks.i just read that 2 half seasoned punks with potential but non the less far from the real deal that 2.5 million is not enought..there shit fighters in comparrison to the past..there untried unproven punks.the ill fight twice a year gang..i dont want to hear 897 excuses all phoney the reason why the big stars to these punks are not active...i did a little reasearch that almost confused the living shit out of me..the commisions are destroyning this game..is oliver mccall a lineal champ..the anser is nooo.im not debating that on here cause i cant type but call me and ill give you a confusing lesson in boxing history..is shannon briggs lineal champ..yess indeed.goerge former beat moorer the real champ.forget trhe commisions.it was the wba ibf versions but moorer beat the man hollifield..foreman is striped lol right after the fight for not facing tucker by the wba..his next fight is for the vacant iba title..against a grimsley..what happened to the ibf title i have noo idea.his next fight is against i think saverese for lol the boxing union hw title..hes still champ isnt he..he fights a german wins a controversial desicion and is striped of a title for not giving schultz a rematch..hes still unbeaten then briggs beats him in a controversial fight making george ex champ and briggs the real champ..lewis beats briggs.then he the real champ..mean while george fights morrison for a wbo title..lol by now we got 146 commisions involved.meen while lewis wins a fight in a tourney and is declared a champ after bowe says he wont fight lewis..somewhere along the way lewis beats a mccal for a somehow vacant wbc title ..confused..i sure am..what the fuck is going on..17 divisions and maybe 77 champs today and 6 or so vacant titles dispite 77 champs.it seems one out of ten fighters today can say they were a champ..solutin..only one..legalize murder for a week and kill off the 76 commisions and threw a armed cou declare one only thats valid...its only going to get worse...yeah they fiucked up..punks like haye bradley alexander floyd the drug man paul i dont want to fight martiez williams..yep great fucking stars..and fans today have the gall to compare them to greb pep robinson hagler monzon armstrong etc etc..are you out of your fucking mind..wake up..there destroying OUR sport. boxing in deed..

Last edited by dmar5143 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:05 pm

I agree with you. Now the question is what can we do?
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:21 pm

sooner thats just one division over a 4 or so year period..what can we do..outside of mass murder lol i dont know.i came up with several real rules several months ago on the espn site where marble complimented me by saying dmar for boxing zar..john mccain may be the only anser for help..max burt sugar fat dan ring mag boxing ill all boxing mags al bernstien etc etc need to bitch loud and clear monthgly on tv the magasthe net etc etc also..if change real solid rules one real commision and nooo striping of a champs title unless he goes to jail or is inactive for a certain period then boxing will remain a joke..mandatories are a joke.. i feel i got a good anser but but but ..they cant even make a fucking fight by overpaying folks 10 fold what there worth...are we doomed.

Last edited by dmar5143 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:25 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
sooner thats just one division over a 4 or so year period..what can we do..outside of mass murder lol i dont know.i can up with several real rules several months ago on the espn site where marble complimented me by saying dmar for boxing zar..john mccain may be the only anser for help..max burt sugar fat dan ring mag boxing ill all boxing mags al bernstien etc etc need to bitch loud and clear monthgly on tv the magasthe net etc etc also..if change real solid rules one real commision and nooo striping of a champs title unless he goes to jail or is inactive for a certain period then boxing will remain a joke..mandatories are a joke.. i feel i got a good anser but but but ..they cant even make a fucking fight by overpaying folks 10 fold what there worth...are we doomed.
I think once these promoters start losing money is when they will change and that is the only way. Maybe the UFC will put pressure on the boxing promoters but as of right now there is plenty money out there.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:32 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
its working..the conspiracy to destroy boxing..dont need any meetings all involved are doing a perfect job.the fighters the promoters and the 756 phoney commisions..boxing today is a huge fucking joke thanks to these folks.i just read that 2 half seasoned punks with potential but non the less far from the real deal that 2.5 million is not enought..there shit fighters in comparrison to the past..there untried unproven punks.the ill fight twice a year gang..i dont want to hear 897 excuses all phoney the reason why the big stars to these punks are not active...i did a little reasearch that almost confused the living shit out of me..the commisions are destroyning this game..is oliver mccall a lineal champ..the anser is nooo.im not debating that on here cause i can type but call me and ill give you a confusing lesson in boxing history..is shannon briggs lineal champ..yess indeed.goerge former beat moorer the real champ.forget trhe commisions.it was the wba ibf versions but moorer beat the man hollifield..foreman is striped lol right after the fight for not facing tucker by the wba..his next fight is for the vacant iba title..against a grimsley..what happened to the ibf title i have noo idea.his next fight is against i think saverese for lol the boxing union hw title..hes still champ isnt he..he fights a german wins a controversial desicion and is striped of a title for not giving schultz a rematch..hes still unbeaten then briggs beats him in a controversial fight making george ex champ and briggs the real champ..lewis beats briggs.then he the real champ..mean while george fights morrison for a wbo title..lol by now we got 146 commisions involved.meen while lewis wins a fight in a tourney and is declared a champ after bowe says he wont fight lewis..somewhere along the way lewis beats a mccal for a somehow vacant wbc title ..confused..i sure am..what the fuck is going on..17 divisions and maybe 77 champs today and 6 or so vacant titles dispite 77 champs.it seems one out of ten fighters today can say they were a champ..solutin..only one..legalize murder for a week and kill off the 76 commisions and threw a armed cou declare one only thats valid...its only going to get worse...yeah they fiucked up..punks like haye bradley alexander floyd the drug man paul i dont want to fight martiez williams..yep great fucking stars..and fans today have the gall to compare them to greb pep robinson hagler monzon armstrong etc etc..are you out of your fucking mind..wake up..there destroying OUR sport. boxing in deed..

GaaaawDAMN I see the spittle flying from all the way out here! THAT was a world class rant! cheers

I think all we can do is fight to educate the fans about what should be valued and why, what we should be concerned about and why. If we persuade enough fans the promoters will have to change the way they promote...someday I hope.

Things we SHOULD value (in no order)

-TRUE champions
-Records ONLY in the context of competition faced
-Fighters who repeatedly take the riskiest fights
-Gallantry in the ring
-Smarts in the ring
-Technical skill and craft
-Showing up fit, well trained and making weight
-A no excuse attitude
-Fighting frequently

Things we should NOT value
-Straps
-Size of purses/splits etc
-Reasons for not making fights
-Personalities
-Nationality, ethnicity etc

My take anyway.

ALL the boards I've checked, our included spend time on promoters, purses and the locations of fights when we oughtta be talking about left hooks, feints, seven punch combinations and the ring Wisdom of Muhammad Ali.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:36 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:
its working..the conspiracy to destroy boxing..dont need any meetings all involved are doing a perfect job.the fighters the promoters and the 756 phoney commisions..boxing today is a huge fucking joke thanks to these folks.i just read that 2 half seasoned punks with potential but non the less far from the real deal that 2.5 million is not enought..there shit fighters in comparrison to the past..there untried unproven punks.the ill fight twice a year gang..i dont want to hear 897 excuses all phoney the reason why the big stars to these punks are not active...i did a little reasearch that almost confused the living shit out of me..the commisions are destroyning this game..is oliver mccall a lineal champ..the anser is nooo.im not debating that on here cause i can type but call me and ill give you a confusing lesson in boxing history..is shannon briggs lineal champ..yess indeed.goerge former beat moorer the real champ.forget trhe commisions.it was the wba ibf versions but moorer beat the man hollifield..foreman is striped lol right after the fight for not facing tucker by the wba..his next fight is for the vacant iba title..against a grimsley..what happened to the ibf title i have noo idea.his next fight is against i think saverese for lol the boxing union hw title..hes still champ isnt he..he fights a german wins a controversial desicion and is striped of a title for not giving schultz a rematch..hes still unbeaten then briggs beats him in a controversial fight making george ex champ and briggs the real champ..lewis beats briggs.then he the real champ..mean while george fights morrison for a wbo title..lol by now we got 146 commisions involved.meen while lewis wins a fight in a tourney and is declared a champ after bowe says he wont fight lewis..somewhere along the way lewis beats a mccal for a somehow vacant wbc title ..confused..i sure am..what the fuck is going on..17 divisions and maybe 77 champs today and 6 or so vacant titles dispite 77 champs.it seems one out of ten fighters today can say they were a champ..solutin..only one..legalize murder for a week and kill off the 76 commisions and threw a armed cou declare one only thats valid...its only going to get worse...yeah they fiucked up..punks like haye bradley alexander floyd the drug man paul i dont want to fight martiez williams..yep great fucking stars..and fans today have the gall to compare them to greb pep robinson hagler monzon armstrong etc etc..are you out of your fucking mind..wake up..there destroying OUR sport. boxing in deed..

GaaaawDAMN I see the spittle flying from all the way out here! THAT was a world class rant! cheers

I think all we can do is fight to educate the fans about what should be valued and why, what we should be concerned about and why. If we persuade enough fans the promoters will have to change the way they promote...someday I hope.

-TRUE champions
-Gallantry in the ring
-Smarts in the ring
-A no excuse attitude
-Fighting frequently

-Straps
-Personalities

My take anyway.

ALL the boards I've checked, our included spend time on promoters, purses and the locations of fights when we oughtta be talking about left hooks, feints, seven punch combinations and the ring Wisdom of Muhammad Ali.
The only location I give a shit about is Dallas. Then I get to go to the fight. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:21 pm

sooner the moneys there cause the fans are suckers..buy nothing..watch via a stream..if a few hundred thousand more did that..hbo has a fight..watch it at a bar not home..everybody..mess up there neilson ratings..alexander-bradley a big fight dispite there inexperience..ive seen thoses fights tons of times..soo has marble..even with inflation 2.5 million is huge..how about 2 unbeaten heavys..number 1 contender eddie machen vs ingo johannson..big gate in sweeden or overseas..noo tv here none..bigger fight..yep..a fight betwewen to exciting sluggers and very popular fighters who can sell tickets..rocky graziano vs bummy davis..i know which fight id watch..and travel for...willie pastrano -wayne thorton..who huh.a fantastic triology between 2 top light heavies..great fights all 3.there have litterly been thousands of fights far more imporant then these 2 half seasoned spoiled fighters..2.5 million today may equal 250 thousand in the mid fifties..top fighters will kill you for that kind of money..spoiled overpaid unproven punks..realy..still going to school and there rated 1 and 2..if that dont tell you something nothing will..there destroying boxing..how many folks here make 50 thousand a year..raise there hand..sooner bird ali not me im semi retired..thats 50 years of work 5 days a week..they train fir 6 weeks and fight one nite..hmmm.the moneys there cause fans are suckers..0.especialy for a fight between 2 guys still in grade school..untapped talent yes.good potential yes..a real fighter..hmmm against who..others in the same boat..2.5 million..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 8:19 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

-TRUE champions
-Gallantry in the ring
-Smarts in the ring
-A no excuse attitude
-Fighting frequently

-Straps
-Personalities

My take anyway.

It's a shame that we have to have these breakdowns because the sport we love doesn't show the love back. Marble, I think if we value the things you say, everything that we should not value will work itself out (the best guys will get the straps and purses, the guys who don't make fights will be easier to single out, etc.). I do disagree that we shouldn't value personality and nationality.

Those are two things that build atmosphere. It's easier to root for someone we can relate to and identify with. And it makes fights more meaningful and fun to watch if were strongly rooting for or against someone. And it will create niche fan followings for lesser known fighters. If we don't factor those things everyone will gravitate towards the best which is no fun. Plus it's something that most people do inherently.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 8:40 pm

gumby that formular has been going on for years..irish italians jews blacks PR etc etc rooting for nationality or race and going to the fights..reginal rooting..im from new england soo its marciano or pep or demarco im the bronx its jake brooklyn its bummy davis jewish its benny leanord etc etc..west coast its art araagon a oscar..local good to excellent promoters need to come back.a rebirth of the great fight clubs st nicks etc etc the boston garden the providence arena the syracuse war memorial..the local clubs in detroit chicago then a big fight at soldiers field...the garden with jacobs weil etc as the mecca sam silveman in new england chris dundee in miami and the south..what happened is they shut out the excellent reginal promoter..he does a great job then golden boy comes in and steals him the fighter they made...king arum and others talk fancy and have big money soo they tie up top fighters and tv..they created a mini monopoply..if fighters were like free agents this would help..noo promotional ties..or one fght a year they can be on there own...the mike jacobs tex richards the great promoters of the past understood this.today its courtrooms..
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 8:42 pm

Gumby wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

-TRUE champions
-Gallantry in the ring
-Smarts in the ring
-A no excuse attitude
-Fighting frequently

-Straps
-Personalities

My take anyway.

It's a shame that we have to have these breakdowns because the sport we love doesn't show the love back. Marble, I think if we value the things you say, everything that we should not value will work itself out (the best guys will get the straps and purses, the guys who don't make fights will be easier to single out, etc.). I do disagree that we shouldn't value personality and nationality.

Those are two things that build atmosphere. It's easier to root for someone we can relate to and identify with. And it makes fights more meaningful and fun to watch if were strongly rooting for or against someone. And it will create niche fan followings for lesser known fighters. If we don't factor those things everyone will gravitate towards the best which is no fun. Plus it's something that most people do inherently.

The Bold is a VERY good point. Let me see if I can narrow down what I mean. We shouldn't demean fighters for their ethnicities nor their personalities. If those factors wants to make you root MORE for them you are 100% right, that's a good thing. But just because a guy is say an Argentine near-monster, say Carlos Monzon, doesn't make him any less of a champion.

Is that better?
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 8:55 pm

like i said a few minutes ago to gumby there are steps to get boxing back to the glory years..thoses were just a few..or will boxing continue on the road to self destruction..it looks that way..boxing like horseracing was a great sport the public loved..we are on the path to be also rans like horseracing..texas holdem on tv draws more coverage..think about that.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:03 pm

as a very good poker player, let me just say, people are morons!!! Texas hold em is for morons. They won't show a decent game like pot limit omaha, limit omaha8/b, 7 stud, etc..., because they want the average idiot to watch.

as for boxing, it is a niche sport in the US. There is the NFL, NBA, MLB, College Football, College Basketball, and then all the niche sports.

I wish boxing was big time again, but since that isn't likely, I'd just like some improvement.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:05 pm

captainanddew wrote:
as a very good poker player, let me just say, people are morons!!! Texas hold em is for morons. They won't show a decent game like pot limit omaha, limit omaha8/b, 7 stud, etc..., because they want the average idiot to watch.

as for boxing, it is a niche sport in the US. There is the NFL, NBA, MLB, College Football, College Basketball, and then all the niche sports.

I wish boxing was big time again, but since that isn't likely, I'd just like some improvement.

As an atrocious poker player I can confirm you overall view Smile
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:08 pm

lol i prefer only real poker..5 or 7 card stud or draw poker..nothing wild noo jacks or better to open or trips to win..deal guys..
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:10 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
lol i prefer only real poker..5 or 7 card stud or draw poker..nothing wild noo jacks or better to open or trips to win..deal guys..

I'm the worst. I don't like lying EVER and so even bluffing shows up on my face like a full moon on a clear night.

Cheaper for me if I just give you some money and we go watch a fight.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:11 pm

7 stud is a great game. 5 card stud-man it is hard to find anyone who plays that game anymore. Same for draw poker.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:12 pm

lol lol lol ok marble.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING   THE CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY BOXING EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:14 pm

captainanddew wrote:
7 stud is a great game. 5 card stud-man it is hard to find anyone who plays that game anymore. Same for draw poker.

There's always...The Cincinnati Kid and Lancey what's his face.