Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?

Go down 
+4
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
OU
SOKO
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? Empty
PostSubject: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:03 am

I mean if Toney would of gave him any kind of fight I would say maybe a little but after watching couture murder Toney like a 3 yr old school girl I would have to say this fight did nothing for randy as far as moving him closer to the title picture. So who is next?
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:04 am

Also Mark coleman would of schooled toney just as bad......just sayin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:05 am

Randy needs to forget about chasing titles and just enjoy the time he's got left with interesting fights.

I want to see Randy vs Cro Cop !!!!
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:05 am

Agree Ali he has no shot against the top 3-5
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:07 am

Dana said before the fight he was "in the mix"....after the fight he said he was "in the mix". When Dana was asked if this was an accomplishment for Randy, Dana said "No, he just took it as a new challenge". So in short no, this did nothing to move him up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:09 am

I would also like to see Randy vs Lil Nog.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:38 am

As I said waaaaay before this fight even happened, in no way does this bring Couture closer to a tittle shot, at LHW or HW. This was a freakshow of mass proportions and everyone knew that.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:37 pm

Randy + Title Shot =/= Logic
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Guys.

There is a difference between the two questions we are really asking. Should this bring him closer to a title fight? No. Does this bring him closer? Unfortunately yes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:51 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Guys.

There is a difference between the two questions we are really asking. Should this bring him closer to a title fight? No. Does this bring him closer? Unfortunately yes.

Really? I watched a video just last night that would suggest other wise. Dana said this was nothing but a personal challenge for Randy. Before the fight "Randy is in the mix", after the fight "Randy is in the mix".
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:54 pm

That doesn't mean he isn't closer. All that does is eliminate him moving backwards. If he is still "in the mix" after the bout it means he is still a possible challenger. White still wants to sell Couture title fights.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:05 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
That doesn't mean he isn't closer. All that does is eliminate him moving backwards. If he is still "in the mix" after the bout it means he is still a possible challenger. White still wants to sell Couture title fights.

He is pretty much right were he was. Only people he might have jumped are people that have lost since his last fight at LHW. But really the win itself did nothing to move him up.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:11 pm

3-0
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:18 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Guys.

+1. not sure about the unfortunate part, but everything else sounds right.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:00 pm

Absolutely not. Beating Coleman, Toney, and Vera shouldn't launch you up the ladder. But with Zuffa's mindset I wouldn't be surprised if they just told Rashad to take a hike and booked him against Shogun in 2011.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:01 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
Absolutely not. Beating Coleman, Toney, and Vera shouldn't launch you up the ladder. But with Zuffa's mindset I wouldn't be surprised if they just told Rashad to take a hike and booked him against Shogun in 2011.

I think Dana is leaning more toward Randy vs Rashad for the interim title Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:10 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:

I think Dana is leaning more toward Randy vs Rashad for the interim title Very Happy

That would be a quicker repeat of the Lidell fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:17 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:

You do know I was joking right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:21 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:

No, I have no sense of humor.

geek
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:

geek

No Mt.Dew, no Twinkies and no sense of humor's allowed in Scotland? Man I'm proud to be an American Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:24 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:

geek

No Mt.Dew, no Twinkies and no sense of humor's allowed in Scotland? Man I'm proud to be an American Laughing

When I see Fox News,Glen Beck and Sarah Palin I am proud to be British tongue
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:24 pm

lol, Palin is from Alaska which means she is practically Canadian
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:58 pm

Oh Please Ali, what kind of attitude is that for Scotsman? You want to back a bunch of control-freak, finger pointing, GLAAD backing, pro-transgender, tax happy, spend badly people in office? Because for all of Palin's and Beck's faults and I am the first to acknowledge them, they mostly want people to handle their own problems. Being from Scotland, you should understand better than most, the spirit of independence...or have you been under English rule a little to long and just like the feel of the Queen's scepter slipping between your cheeks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:03 pm

lol that last line is quite witty Andrew.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:24 pm

lol!

I am glad you liked it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?   Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Randy move closer to a title shot with latest win?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next