Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard

Go down 
+2
gomez1012
Birdofthad
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard Empty
PostSubject: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:58 am

BoxingScene.com was informed about the strong possibility that former middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik (36-2, 32KOs) will make his return on the pay-per-view undercard to Manny Pacquiao-Antonio Margarito on November 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Pavlik has been on the shelf since dropping a unanimous decision to Sergio Martinez in April. The opponent is under discussion, but I've heard the guys at Top Rank want someone who is going to test Pavlik. I've been told the weight will be a max of 164, give or take a pound.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30392
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:01 am

so its officially in Dallas?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:06 am

Birdofthad wrote:
so its officially in Dallas?

Looks like it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:17 am

pathetic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:19 am

Birdofthad wrote:
pathetic

Isn't that good for you ?
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:55 am

It might an alright card after all

Jones vs Soto Karass
Pavlik vs TBA
Pac vs Tony

Can we get Donaire-Montiel on there? lol
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 7:10 pm

good for kelly..with thoses 2 it shapes up for a decent card..
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 7:40 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
It might an alright card after all

Jones vs Soto Karass
Pavlik vs TBA
Pac vs Tony

Can we get Donaire-Montiel on there? lol

Dont forget that Rigondeaux has been also mentioned. I think it is a very good card as long as Pavlik and Rigondeaux are in against sufficient competition.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:22 am

i just cant support this fight Ali no way will Jerry or Bob get my money on this
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:46 am

I'll sell on Arum providing a stacked card for now.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:53 am

same we got Pavlik vs fucking Locket and RUbios with the title

I expect something shitty
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:07 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
Dont forget that Rigondeaux has been also mentioned. I think it is a very good card as long as Pavlik and Rigondeaux are in against sufficient competition.

Yea saw that this morning, so far the PPV is looking pretty strong

Jones vs Soto Karass
Rigondeaux vs Concepcion/Cordoba
Pavlik vs TBA
Pac vs Tony
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Arum is going to load the PPV.

He'll try to get Pavlik fans to cave
He'll try to get diehard fans to cave because there will be damn good fighters on the undercard (Pavlik, Jones, Rigondeaux)

He'll play up the good vs evil of the main event, hoping that people will tune in to see Margacheato get his comeupance

I loathe "Bullshit" Bob Arum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:29 pm

I wish they could get Pavlik to face Librabdo Andrade at 168lb.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:51 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
I wish they could get Pavlik to face Librabdo Andrade at 168lb.

Def would be nice, how about Pirog? Offer him 80-120k, only got paid 50k for his destruction of Jacobs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:25 pm

I don't about Pirog, I mean is he really ready for the likes of Pavlik ?
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:28 pm

Idk, but we'd find out

I think he'd be a good test, funky style, sneaky puncher

Could give Pavlik all he could handle

I doubt see Pirog, most likely someone like Manfredo lol
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Pirog only has 17 pro fights, but he had a good amateur career and he is 30 years old.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard   Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard Empty

Back to top Go down

Kelly Pavlik might land on the Pacquiao vs Margarito undercard
Page 1 of 1