Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward Empty
PostSubject: eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward   eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:12 pm

Ace Trainer Emanuel Steward To Work With "Fast" Eddie Chambers
by James Slater: Philly heavyweight contender "Fast" Eddie Chambers fell hard in the dying seconds of his challenge of heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko back in March. Stopped by a devastating left to the chin with five seconds left on the clock in the 12th and final round, the talented 28-year-old lost the biggest fight of his career. Since then we have heard nothing from Chambers; a man many felt would live up to his potential and become a world champ.

One man who still feels Chambers, a small man for a heavyweight at just 6'1" and approx 208-pounds, can make it is Hall of Fame trainer Emanuel Steward - the man who trains heavyweight king Wladimir Klitschko and who urged his charge to go out and get that brutal last-round KO over "Fast" Eddie five months ago.

Speaking with The Houston Chronicle, Steward said he will begin working with Chambers soon, and that he will help get Chambers "where he needs to be."

"After Wladimir's rematch with Sam Peter, I'll be coming back to Philly so Rob [Murray Sr. Chamber's full-time trainer] and I can get together and do what we can to get this kid where he needs to be. Eddie is a phenomenal talent. I won't make drastic challenges in his style; I'll just try to improve some things that are already there."

Steward, who insisted Murray will remain Chambers' head trainer, went as far as to say he feels Chambers, 35-2(18) is "the best heavyweight out there after Wladimir." Taking Emanuel at his word, does this mean he feels Chambers is better than Vitali Klitschko, the WBC heavyweight king? Certainly, the Philly boxer has a very nice skill set and he has beaten some good guys in his time as a pro - Sam Peter, of course, and Alexander Dimitrenko. But against "Dr. Steel Hammer," Chambers had an awful night; unable as he was to get close to Wladimir because, in large part, of the champion's wicked left jab. But could Chambers rise to the occasion and defeat any big man apart from the younger Klitschko?

With Steward's help, Chambers would perhaps have a good chance to out-box WBA ruler David Haye. And while a fight with Vitali looks unlikely - seeing as how the 39-year-old figures to have just a couple more bouts before retiring - that is maybe for the best. Styles make fights, and Chambers doesn't have the firepower to be able to deal with the two brothers. Against men his own size, though, Chambers is a threat to anyone (although he did manage to beat Dimitrenko, who was much bigger than him).

Steward has turned a number of careers around and helped fighters make amazing comebacks in the past; can he do the same for "Fast" Eddie? It will be interesting to find out, as will it be interesting to see when Chambers makes his ring return, and who against.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward   eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:17 pm

Eddie still needs to go to cruiserweight.

He can't beat either Klitschko.
Haye is probably too fast

Cruiser is where "still fat" Eddie should go.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward   eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:26 pm

Chambers is an excellent talent. I'd love to see him in the Cruiser tournament, but he can make noise at heavyweight- as long as he stays away from the brothers.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward   eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:04 pm

manny stewart is a phoney cheerleader..chambers is a cruizer and a 195 lb one not a fat 209 lb fighter..get a nutritionalist in there and a quality condition type guy.eddie knows what hes doing in the ring.stewarts not improving anything or a little at best..if he wants eddie as a hw as suggested then fire his ass.hes in it for a payday and ego for eddie is a cruzier and a top one at that..screw manny stewart realy..overated piece of shit.sorry
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward   eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:15 pm

Manny will teach him how to land the "crispier" punches.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward   eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:18 pm

he can land all the crisper punches untill doomsday.he will not ko a top HW. cruizer yes.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward   eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:24 pm

I always look forward to Manny on HBO. Last time my wife watched boxing (which is rare), it was an HBO card and Manny said "so and so is landing the crispier punches." So my wife looks at me and says, "did he just say crispier. How can a punch be crispier??"

As for him being a cruiser, I agree completely. He could easily get down to the cruiserweight limit. He'll look a little flabby for a cruiser.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward   eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:45 pm

Dmar, I sense you have something you'd like to tell us about Manny Steward. Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward   eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:46 pm

lol lol..like some fighters some folks rest on there laurells sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward   eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:01 am

His trainer wasn't the problem, it's his size and the current gargantuan athletes that control the division right now.

If only Eddie would look at any forum he'd see everyone urging him to drop to Cruiserweight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward   eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward Empty

Back to top Go down

eddie chambers now training with emanuel steward
Page 1 of 1