Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????

Go down 
+2
Wolfgangsta
Birdofthad
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? Empty
PostSubject: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Sooners had a great idea on boxing board and i really like it check it out and let me know if you think having one for this board is a good idea????
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Fill em in on the details.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:44 pm

basically we have avote, it will be alot easier since modern MMA/NHB has only been around a while

everyone votes on their immortals, immortals are only the pure greats Im talking best of the best.

if one recieves 75 percent of the votes he is an immortal then we make an imortal sticky section and place their names and pictures with some info on the fighters

we could have two votes 1990-2000 and 2000-2010

make sense?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 8:39 pm

I am down.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Makes sense and its a good idea I just dont like that Sooner came up with it LOL.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:19 pm

timthebim wrote:
Makes sense and its a good idea I just dont like that Sooner came up with it LOL.

HAHA I was gonna say that but I spared her. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:42 pm

hahaha it was either marbe or sooners i think it was sooners
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:04 pm

How many fighters? What separates an immortal from a non immortal?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:28 pm

any one that gets voted in

well here is an example from the boxing section

Pernell Whitaker is a clear all time great fighter, he was voted in as an immortal

Oscar De La Hoya who was a great fighter was not voted in let me get the criteria
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:31 pm

1. MUST have been THE MAN in at least one division for an extended period of time. Exceptions for race and family issues.
2. MUST have at least 17 wins over ranked fighters.
3. MUST have been "fully tested." That means the guy cannot have say 3+ guys he should have fought and didn't. The three is negotiable.
4. MUST have winning record against championship quality competition.

this was for boxing so i would suggest

1. Must have been the Man in at least one division for a good amount of time
2. Must have atleast 10 wins over ranked opponents (or for preranking era someone we can agree was a ranked fighter)
3. Same as in the boxing section
4. Winning record against quality of opposition

so here is an example

Bas Rutten would be a immortal, I dont think Marco Ruas qualifies
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Quote :
this was for boxing so i would suggest

1. Must have been the Man in at least one division for a good amount of time
2. Must have atleast 10 wins over ranked opponents (or for preranking era someone we can agree was a ranked fighter)
3. Same as in the boxing section
4. Winning record against quality of opposition

so here is an example

Bas Rutten would be a immortal, I dont think Marco Ruas qualifies

This makes it difficult to rank guys who didn't fight in Japan then, because some of these guys walked off the street, right out of whatever root martial art gym or dojo they practiced and into high level UFC competition, specifically guys like Couture, Coleman or anyone who made their debut in the UFC during the tournament era.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:44 pm

well Couture and Coleman where the legit men of their time and Coleman went on to have big time wins in 2000 and Couture had big wins so I would vote them as immortals

Dan Severn is a tough one, I dont think he would be an immortal

its also all on a vote so if some diasagree maybe more will vote for that erson

also if someone had say 50 or more percent but under 75 percent posters in boxing could make an argument for a person and then we would vote on them again
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:51 pm

Sounds good to Me.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 11:00 pm

Also the ranked win count, and condition of no more than three ducked fighters or whatever don't make a lot of sense in the context of the early UFC format. The ranked fighters were ranked because they beat the sucky guys. It's how we told the two groups apart and few fighters had the luxury of a prospecting system that allows for a couple dozen can fights before the big show.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 11:14 pm

well simply put Royce he didnt duck guys this is obvious by taking the superfight

Ken didnt duck guys

Ruas never came back to UFC after winning a tournament

that help at all?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 11:18 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
well simply put Royce he didnt duck guys this is obvious by taking the superfight

Ken didnt duck guys

Ruas never came back to UFC after winning a tournament

that help at all?

So THATS what this is all about. You can't fool us, Bird!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 11:24 pm

no just trying to give him an example of how you could use that trying to give an example

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:32 am

Well it better be more legit than the boxing one. They didn't put Roy Jones Jr, Floyd Mayweather Jr or Kostya Tszyu in their one.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:35 am

It just depends on what your definition of immortal is. If the boxing board put every great fighter on the list it would be way too big. Gotta cut that shit down to the true greats
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:45 am

exactly bobbitt
the point freak is to be extremely cynical

Roy didnt make it cause of fights he didnt have , Kostya cause of being semi guarded i guess and Floyd cause he is jsut hated, no reason for Pacquiao to make the boxing board list and not Floyd IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:46 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
It just depends on what your definition of immortal is. If the boxing board put every great fighter on the list it would be way too big. Gotta cut that shit down to the true greats

Did you see how big theirs was? Anyway RJJ and FMJ are top 3 ever in their divisions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:49 am

Birdofthad wrote:
exactly bobbitt
the point freak is to be extremely cynical

Roy didnt make it cause of fights he didnt have , Kostya cause of being semi guarded i guess and Floyd cause he is jsut hated, no reason for Pacquiao to make the boxing board list and not Floyd IMO

Kostya was guarded from nobody. He took on everyone at 140. Roy at his peak at Light Heavyweight is unbeatable against anyone in history. I agree though that if Pacquiao made the list then Floyd should also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:49 am

This is the MMA forum so I should stick to talking about that.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:50 am

Well I highly disagree with both of those which is why I didn't vote for them. Roy Jones isn't even top 10 in at LHW all-time IMO. What weight class are we talking about with Floyd? I wouldn't have him anywhere near the top anyway
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:55 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Well I highly disagree with both of those which is why I didn't vote for them. Roy Jones isn't even top 10 in at LHW all-time IMO. What weight class are we talking about with Floyd? I wouldn't have him anywhere near the top anyway

Another person degrading the boxing present for the past. People value the boxing past too much when modern day fighters are stonger, faster and in better condition. Name 10 LH's that could beat Roy. They wouldn't be able to touch him. Name 3 other guys in history that could've won titles from Middleweight to Heavyweight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????   You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here???? Empty

Back to top Go down

You Guys Want to do an Immortal Scetion Here????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next