Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon?

Go down 
+5
Ludo
KingsOwn19
captain organic
Wolfgangsta
Ninja
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon? Empty
PostSubject: Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon?   Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:13 pm

I don't really see any contender on the horizon that could even match Jacare. Hendo, Cung, Lawler, Manhoef would not beat Jacare. The fighters that I could see maybe having shot are Kennedy in rematch or Mayhem considering his success against Jacare in the second fight all though short lived.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon?   Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:20 pm

Jacare was hardly unbeatable in fights with Smokin Joe, Tim Kennedy, Gegard Mousasi and Mayhem. He isn't blowing these guys out. There is no reason for me to think he is significantly better than the other fighters in Strikeforce.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon?   Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Jacare is a tough fight for anyone. With the improvement in his striking, and the wrestling he has shown, and of coarse his top notch BJJ, he could exploit weaknesses of fighters up and down the 185 top 10. Is there a more well rounded MW?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon?   Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:23 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Jacare was hardly unbeatable in fights with Smokin Joe, Tim Kennedy, Gegard Mousasi and Mayhem. He isn't blowing these guys out. There is no reason for me to think he is significantly better than the other fighters in Strikeforce.

he controlled smoking joe pretty well. and I thought he beat Kennedy pretty decisively. He ate an upkick from Gegard, kind of a fluke, it happens, But Gegard is very good fighter now fighting at a higher weight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon?   Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:29 pm

He wasn't dominant in either fight, or in any of his matches with Mayhem is my point though. To say no one can even hold his jock based on what I've seen is premature. He's great but I still think Lombard would knock his head off.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon?   Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Man I would love if they work out a deal so that Gilber can fight Eddie while Lombard fights Jacare.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon?   Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:12 pm

*knock on wood*

predicting that somebody won't be beat anytime soon seems to be the kiss of death these days. Especially in the LHW division.

Jacare is always improving. He striking keeps getting better and nobody really wants to go on the ground with him. On paper, he's a freaky matchup for anybody.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon?   Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:39 pm

The first fight had Mayhem sort of wracking his brain to try and find a way to get something going. He played alot of defense in that first fight. I wouldn't say Jacare dominated him persay but he definitely won the fight decisively.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon?   Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Nick Diaz aint scared to go to the ground with him, homie. Nick's striking style could pose problems for him too. Is Jacare too strong and athletic for Diaz? Is Jacare's wrestling good enough to keep Diaz on his back?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon?   Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:24 pm

Nick said he ain't no 185 lber homie
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon?   Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Yes, Jacare can be beat, by Tim Kennedy in a rematch. Kennedy said last night he'll be back and better, I believe him. Jacare was much quicker than Kennedy, that was the difference in the fight.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon?   Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:06 pm

i don't see Jacare as unbeatable at all. I think a number of fighters in SF could beat him.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon?   Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 8:47 pm

I wouldn't be shocked if any guy mentioned in this thread beat Jacare, but I would bet Jacare to win against any of them. The guy is an animal and beat his best competition in SF last night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon?   Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is anyone beating Jacare anytime soon?
Page 1 of 1