Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

JOhnny Dundee Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

JOhnny Dundee Question Empty
PostSubject: JOhnny Dundee Question   JOhnny Dundee Question EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:00 am

dont know much about him, what i do know is he won 90 bouts, lost 31, 19 draws, AND 194 NO DECISIONS

WAIT WTF 194 NO DECISIONS HOLY F'ING SHIT

won featherweight and Jr lightweigfht titles lost to Canzoneri in 15,

335 BOUTS HOLY SHIT I SAID 194 NO DECISIONS

SCHOOL ME PLEASE
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: JOhnny Dundee Question   JOhnny Dundee Question EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:12 am

Ah the Scotch Wop! Pre WWI featherweight.

The reason for the no decisions is the legal situation in New York state in those days. No offcial decisions could be rendered. Either KO's or newspaper decisions ruled the day.

Dundee was a boxer's boxer. Fast, fast, fast. Exceptionally fit. Maybe the best fighter off the ropes before Benitez. Really a little guy and not a great puncher.

Featherweight champ and had wins over guys like Benny Leonard (yup, Benny Leonard...twice IIRC)Johnny Kilbane, Pal Moore, KO Chaney, Rocky Kansas. He also fought top lightweights all the time.

He had more recorded fights than just about anyone I can think of. Like 350 over 20 or so years. That is a fight every three weeks for two decades.

Think the guy was hard to hit?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: JOhnny Dundee Question   JOhnny Dundee Question EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:14 am

the scotch wop BWAHAHAHAHHA thats awesome

holly hell you said Benny Leonard right wow thats impressive

I agree its nuts how much the guy fought, being that good and fighting that long the guy must have been a genius thanks for the insight

any footage of him or do i just have to dream and imagine?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: JOhnny Dundee Question   JOhnny Dundee Question EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:16 am

Birdofthad wrote:
the scotch wop BWAHAHAHAHHA thats awesome

holly hell you said Benny Leonard right wow thats impressive

I agree its nuts how much the guy fought, being that good and fighting that long the guy must have been a genius thanks for the insight

any footage of him or do i just have to dream and imagine?

When he and Leonard needed paychecks they fought one another. I think they met six times and it seems every time it was a barnburner so they always drew a good crowd.

I have only fragments of Dundee in my collection. No complete fights.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: JOhnny Dundee Question   JOhnny Dundee Question EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:18 am

thatas awesome though him and Leonard are all time greats you gotta wonder how many victories he would have if he wasnt in the No Decision era
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: JOhnny Dundee Question   JOhnny Dundee Question EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:22 am

Birdofthad wrote:
thatas awesome though him and Leonard are all time greats you gotta wonder how many victories he would have if he wasnt in the No Decision era

Bxrec, in counting newspaper decisions credits him with about 200 wins, 60 losses and 60 draws.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: JOhnny Dundee Question   JOhnny Dundee Question EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:25 am

god thats just nuts

and some people say hey can Floyd or Pacquiao become the GOAT

simply put

HELL NO

why?

cause they didnt come close to doing what these old timers did I dont give a poop if these new guys are faster and somehow stronger even though their in the same weight class, damn it, they fought 5 times less and 5 times less as many ATG's
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: JOhnny Dundee Question   JOhnny Dundee Question EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:38 am

bird thats the bottom line wheather folks like it or not.marble covered dundee very well..a REAL deserving hofamer..
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: JOhnny Dundee Question   JOhnny Dundee Question EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:01 pm

We can thank the Frawley Law for all of those damned No Decisions.The Walker Law in 1920 brought back some sanity to boxing in the 20's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JOhnny Dundee Question   JOhnny Dundee Question Empty

Back to top Go down

JOhnny Dundee Question
Page 1 of 1