Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I believed the excuses

Go down 
+3
gomez1012
RUM CAPITAL
hardcoreBEE24
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

I believed the excuses Empty
PostSubject: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:45 pm

For the last three of Chad Dawson's fights he and his handlers have stated that his less than enthusiastic performances were because he had no interest in fighting the opponents in front of him. Now that Dawson had a young hungry fighter in front of him he seemed unprepared and uninterested. I don't understand the mentality of a professional athlete that conducts business like this. There was little urgency from Chad or his corner. This is a guy I had high hopes for. He should fight in 120 days and see if he has any desire to compete and win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:48 pm

I have never seen a guy with less heart than he did last night. He needs to evaluate what he wants. If he really wants to fight he is the best in the world but right now it seems like that is a big IF.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:55 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
I have never seen a guy with less heart than he did last night. He needs to evaluate what he wants. If he really wants to fight he is the best in the world but right now it seems like that is a big IF.

IM a huge sucker for guys who compete in what I consider glory divisions. Especially young talanted Americans. This is a guy who when i was in College in New Haven, CT I watched train and saw fight and had the pleasure of talking to personally. He seems too nice. Why was his family with him during training? Chad should take a page out of Hagler's book and isolate himself. I think it would serve him well. Mustafa also needs to light a fire under his ass. Slap him around a bit in the corner yell jump up and down. One loss isn't the end of the world, but he needs to get in the ring as soon as he's allowed and his cut heals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:56 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

IM a huge sucker for guys who compete in what I consider glory divisions. Especially young talanted Americans. This is a guy who when i was in College in New Haven, CT I watched train and saw fight and had the pleasure of talking to personally. He seems too nice. Why was his family with him during training? Chad should take a page out of Hagler's book and isolate himself. I think it would serve him well. Mustafa also needs to light a fire under his ass. Slap him around a bit in the corner yell jump up and down. One loss isn't the end of the world, but he needs to get in the ring as soon as he's allowed and his cut heals.
I understand I am an Allan Green fan. LOL
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 4:09 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

At least Green talked a whole bunch of shit and seemed like he wanted to win prefight. Dawson just seems flat all the time like the only reason he's fighting is because he has nothing better to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 4:11 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

At least Green talked a whole bunch of shit and seemed like he wanted to win prefight. Dawson just seems flat all the time like the only reason he's fighting is because he has nothing better to do.
Dawson at least landed punches all Green did is let a smaller guy push him around all night.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 5:36 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
For the last three of Chad Dawson's fights he and his handlers have stated that his less than enthusiastic performances were because he had no interest in fighting the opponents in front of him. Now that Dawson had a young hungry fighter in front of him he seemed unprepared and uninterested. I don't understand the mentality of a professional athlete that conducts business like this. There was little urgency from Chad or his corner. This is a guy I had high hopes for. He should fight in 120 days and see if he has any desire to compete and win.
idk if that cut will be healed in that perdiod.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 6:41 pm

RUM CAPITAL wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
idk if that cut will be healed in that perdiod.

Four Months??? It'll be good in four months. He needs more action period. He's been a pro for nine years and has thirty fights. That's not enough action. It's probably too late to begin fighting on a more regular basis. Pascal fought four times in 2009 and has a five year career with only three less fights. There is something to be said about Dawson's inactivity.

Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Thats it rematch in January!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:28 pm

soonermark890 wrote:

mustve forgot the ALlan Green fight pretty fast

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:44 pm

Chad's behavior was just weird.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:00 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30092

I found this article interesting. I still think that a true consummate professional can block out all distractions and get it done when it needs to get done.
Back to top Go down
victor879
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:10 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I found this article interesting. I still think that a true consummate professional can block out all distractions and get it done when it needs to get done.

I just don't understand it Hardcore.....

It's one thing if things are bothering you and you can't block them out, so you are distracted and your concentration suffers. It is quite another to show absolutely no desire to win at all. You can be distracted, but still be trying to win 110%.

I am hyper competitive, so I just don't understand that type of behavior, especially from a professional athlete. Only thing I hate more than losing is dying.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:14 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I'm sure all that crap didn't help. But wouldn't problems like that create a sense of urgency in a fighter? I mean I can understand how it could compromise training so that one's timing, endurance etc might not be as good as you'd like, but wouldn't a sense of desperation show?

Dawson fought like a guy with $100 million in the bank and the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders waiting in his room.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:57 pm

man why does anyone sign with J Prince
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 10:06 pm

Getting fleeced by Prince and crew, then goes and buys a $150,000 watch. He'll wonder why his ghetto ass is broke.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 10:48 pm

I just watched the fight again. Chad lacks ANY predatory instincts. I'm not sure he recognizes when the foe is hurt and he sure doesn't display any urgency regarding a situation that is to his advantage.

He thinks like a boxer whose intention is to always go 12 rounds.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 10:50 pm

well gave Alexander alot of flack

shit atleast he throws back madly after someone tags him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:15 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

mustve forgot the ALlan Green fight pretty fast

Very Happy
HAHAHA too late Bird I already brought it up.

Nice try though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I believed the excuses   I believed the excuses Empty

Back to top Go down

I believed the excuses
Page 1 of 1