Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IBF order an eliminator between Roman Karmazin and Daniel Geale

Go down 
AuthorMessage

IBF order an eliminator between Roman Karmazin and Daniel Geale Empty
PostSubject: IBF order an eliminator between Roman Karmazin and Daniel Geale   IBF order an eliminator between Roman Karmazin and Daniel Geale EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:34 am

According to Allboxing.ru, IBF #1 ranked middleweight Roman Karmazin (40-3-2, 26 KOs), 37, will be fighting IBF #7 and WBO #13 Daniel Geale (23-1, 14 KOs), 29, in his next contest, which will also be a final International Boxing Federation eliminator in the middleweight division.

“This is the result of lengthy hearings which were arranged at the IBF headquarters several days ago to consider our complaint regarding Sylvester fight and lasted for about a week. Unfortunately, a possibility for a direct rematch has been ruled out by the board of appeals and now I need to take a step back and to fight in the elimination. The exact date and the exact location of my future bout with Geale are yet to be determined. I just hope that with the help of my friends from “RusLoto” I’ll be able to stage it here in Russia for my beloved friends. I think it’ll be a major change-up in Russian pro boxing”, said Karmazin to Allboxing.

The Russian fighter, a man on the mission to become this country’s first ever multidivisional champion, is coming off a controversial draw against reigning IBF champion Sebastian Sylvester in his latest fight in June. Sylvester will most probably fight Turk Mahir Oral in his next outing. Former amateur standout Geale is best known for his lopsided win over Daniel Dawson and a narrow split decision loss to former two-time WBA super middleweight champion Anthony Mundine.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30041
Back to top Go down

IBF order an eliminator between Roman Karmazin and Daniel Geale
Page 1 of 1