Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud Empty
PostSubject: Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud   Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 2:16 pm

After years of trash talking, UK rivals Carl Froch and Joe Calzaghe made peace at the WBC's recent "Night of The Champions" in Cardiff. Froch had been chasing Calzaghe for several years. When Froch became Calzaghe's mandatory, Joe vacated his title and moved up to light heavyweight. Once Froch put himself in line to fight Calzaghe again, then Joe retired in January 2009 and the fight became nothing more than a fantasy.

Even during Calzaghe's retirement the two fighters exchanged plenty of verbal jabs. They recently ran into eachother and the peace pipe was finally smoked.

"At the Cardiff event, I bumped into Joe Calzaghe. He came over and asked how the evening was going and congratulated me on the birth of my son, which was nice of him. Joe has two sons of his own, so knows as a father what a special time it is. We chatted generally about non-boxing stuff and he confirmed that his retirement is 100% permanent," Froch wrote in the Nottingham Post.

"While it would have been great to fight the recognized No.1 at the time in my division, you have to respect the man for knowing when the right time was to hang up the gloves. Joe admitted that by the time I'd knocked out Jermain Taylor in America, he was done with the sport and it wasn't to be."

"Then the press swarmed on us both, so we agreed to 'give them something to talk about' before jostling each other for the cameras. Joe tried to pick me up in a fireman's lift, but I think he put his back out!"

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=29891
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud   Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Ali, in the US there has been very little about their "feud". You'd see a few words here and there in articles/interviews on boxingscene or fightnews, normally akin to Froch saying Calzaghe retired because he was scared of me.

It really wasn't big news and their indian style reconciliation (peace pipe) doesn't mean much.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud   Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:45 pm

the peace pipe was full of coke
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud   Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 12:53 am

Canvas wrote:
the peace pipe was full of coke

LMAO!

Froch probably kills an 8 ball with one whiff with his nose lol
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud   Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:08 am

"Joe tried to pick me up in a fireman's lift, but I think he put his back out!"

And Calzaghe adds fuel to the fire with this statement. He just cant help himself I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud   Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:15 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:

And Calzaghe adds fuel to the fire with this statement. He just cant help himself I guess.

Don't you mean Carl ?? but yeah he had to take a sly little dig at the end Laughing
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud   Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:18 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:

Don't you mean Carl ?? but yeah he had to take a sly little dig at the end Laughing

Oops!!! I meant Carl. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud   Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud Empty

Back to top Go down

Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch finally end their feud
Page 1 of 1