[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share | 

WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis   Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:49 pm

BoxingScene.com had been advised that the WBO ordered their lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez to defend his title against the interim-champion/mandatory challenger Michael Katsidis. The WBO has given both sides 30-days to reach an agreement before a purse bid is ordered. Both fighters are promoted by Golden Boy Promotions.

Marquez will have to make a decision very soon. The Mexican champion is the frontrunner to face WBA 140-pound king Amir Khan on December 11. If Marquez decides to move up in weight to fight Khan, the WBO will strip him of their title and make Katsidis the full champion.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=29827
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s): Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis   Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:52 pm

Marquez will prolly take the bigger money. Adios trinket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s): Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis   Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:53 pm

sounds lke WBO is smarter than they appear

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis   Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:57 pm

Golden Boy and HBO should be all over this fight like a rash.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s): marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis   Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:24 pm

i can go for either fight..i cant go for is the constant striping of there cheap belts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis   Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:28 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
i can go for either fight..i cant go for is the constant striping of there cheap belts.

I hate the constant stripping but it's not like Katsidis is a horrible mandatory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis   Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:30 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
This is an ok strip. I say they could wait one more fight to allow for JMM to fight Kat after he fights Khan. But hey it does put some pressure on JMM to fight kat instead. That is the fight we as fans want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis   Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:37 pm

And Juan has known for awhile that he'd have to face Katsidis, he could have fought him instead of Diaz.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostSubject: Re: WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis   Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:28 am

Katsidis vs Marquez and Khan vs Maidana!

HBO should force GBP to make those fights for this fall/winter!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis   Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:31 am

gomez1012 wrote:

I think they are trying to. It would be great if that happened. With Bradley vs Alexander looking like its going to happen we could have a unified title soon. But hey that is wishfull thinking I guess. Shit like that never happens.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis   Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:35 am

gomez1012 wrote:

I agree, but Schaefer and Khan will avoid that if possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt

Favorite Fighter(s): Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis   Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:38 am

JMM oughtta tell the WBO to go screw themselves.

I'm aghast that Katsidis is actually a legit challenger for the lightweight championship of the world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostSubject: Re: WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis   Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:50 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:

I'm aghast that Katsidis is actually a legit challenger for the lightweight championship of the world.

Are you saying Katsidis is not legit challenge for Marquez? Who else is out there at 135?

Katsidis on a 4 fight win streak since losing to Diaz vs decent competition
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostSubject: Re: WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis   Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:51 am

Canvas wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

I agree, but Schaefer and Khan will avoid that if possible.

True, but one can hope

Greenburg can force these fights
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt

Favorite Fighter(s): Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis   Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:57 am

gomez1012 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Are you saying Katsidis is not legit challenge for Marquez? Who else is out there at 135?

Katsidis on a 4 fight win streak since losing to Diaz vs decent competition

I am saying my beloved sport is in rough shape when Michael Katsidis IS a legit challenger Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile

WBO order Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place ::  :: -