Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies Empty
PostSubject: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies Klitschko-peter-presser-1113

September 11
At Frankfurt, Germany:
Wladimir Klitschko vs. Samuel Peter, rematch, 12 rounds, for Klitschko's Ring/IBF/WBO heavyweight title
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:20 pm

haha i love that pic
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:43 pm

It is sort of a weird thing to say. But wouldn't we love it if all our fighters modelled themselves on the Ukranians?
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:48 pm

I would. They are class acts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:07 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
It is sort of a weird thing to say. But wouldn't we love it if all our fighters modelled themselves on the Ukranians?

But then it becomes a very boring atmosphere, you need your outlandish and loud characters to make it entertaining.
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:08 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

But then it becomes a very boring atmosphere, you need your outlandish and loud characters to make it entertaining.

We need our outlandish and loud characters to get into the f-ing ring!!!
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:08 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I dunno. Neither Saad Muhammad nor Yaqui Lopez were characters. But when they met? Fireworks. Same with Izzy and Raffy.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:09 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Damn, wish I'd written that one too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:16 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

One or two fighters doesn't represent every single cocky guy.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:19 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
NBrooks5 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

But it isn't about being cocky. In the words of Ray Robinson (as cocky as anyone who ever walked) it is about being a GLADIATOR.
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:19 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
NBrooks5 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Well, one is the biggest name in the sport and the other is in the division that's made the sport.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:42 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
...i agree totatly..nope we dont need loud and outlandish fighters that dont fight and its called to be entertaining..its called dragging the sport down to the wressling jim mcmann level..apeal to children and adults whos IQ is 60 or under...the K brothers are fighters in the ring against mostly the best oposition and class guys with dignity...the 2 champs i admire the most are picture together under my name..marciano and louis..2 highly confident fighters blessed with what i call humble confidence..both were extrtemly popular and likeable champions that talent and image wise did much to give boxing some dignity...marciano never bragged never downgraded or insulted a fighter and always gave credit to all the fighters he fought..a gentleman who respected ALL fighters..louis more or less was the same way..
marciano was insulted by walcott.if i cant beat that bum take my name out of the record books..or i got a fast count..to that rocky said ill be happy to give you a rematch..archie moore use the press non stop with his attacks..to walcott and moore when asked by the press whats his reply..rocky said i do my fighting in the ring not in the newspapers...louis and marciano had no problems getting asses in the seats for a fight..they entertained us all right..in the ring with devastating victories..the K brothers to a certain extent carry out that tradition..
it brings pleasure inside to this older long time fight fan..the other stuff diguss me..thats just me..i prefer dignity class humble true confidence over b lowhearts anyday.ill take 1 arguello over 1000 hayes or floyds anyday..
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:52 pm

nah we defo need brash guys, these are the guys that can become superstars and household names, they sell ppvs and tickets, whether its too see him win or to see him lose. any publicity is good publicity, but yeh the thing is they need to get into the ring. the klit brothers are heavyweight champs, with phenomenal KO records and havent been seriously challangeed in years, yet are not household names, i could asky my granny to name a boxer, she would name ali, leonard, tyson, but would never have heard of wlad. partly because of boxing not being on mainstream tv, and partyl because he is boring as hell in the ring and out of it
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:18 pm

What is it with the younger generation thinking that you have to be loud and obnoxious to be interesting? I am a fairly young man myself, but feel completely disconnected to that way of thinking. It translates into the garbage movies Hollywood is churning out.

I prefer dignified professionals who let their actions do the talking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
NBrooks5 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Yeah Allan Green gets in the ring. He just doesnt do anything when he gets there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:51 pm

Canvas wrote:
What is it with the younger generation thinking that you have to be loud and obnoxious to be interesting? I am a fairly young man myself, but feel completely disconnected to that way of thinking. It translates into the garbage movies Hollywood is churning out.

I prefer dignified professionals who let their actions do the talking.
A huge +1. I am so against all that shit. I have benched starters on my basketball team for that stupid trash talking crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies   Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies Empty

Back to top Go down

Wladimir Klitschko and Samuel Peter are old buddies
Page 1 of 1