Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's

Go down 
+3
dmar5143
gomez1012
SlickMoneyXL
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's Empty
PostSubject: Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's   Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:14 pm

How do you have Zab ranked 5th at 140? Zab has yet to fight under the 140 limit. His fight against Santa Cruz was officially at 144. He hasnt fought under 140 in 7 years, yet Shamu Dan has him 5th?

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?columnist=rafael_dan&id=3911650
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's   Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Well he did look good albeit against a blown up light weight

How I see Zab vs:

Urango - likely loses a decision or gets stopped, seems like Bailey and Alexander took that granite chin away
L Peterson - toss up IMO, but Id lean towards Peterson by decision
Paulie - oh man, ugly fight...Id pick Zab, he's got speed and power, Judah decision
Kotelnik - Id pick Zab as well
Ortiz - 1st of all, damn! Got him 10th! lol... close fight, Id pick Ortiz, seems like he's got his confidence back

So I guess you can make a case for him being ranked that high...it is El Gordo's rankings though
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's   Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 4:09 pm

i dont have a problem with that ranking..he said hes no longer fighting at welter..he did come in at 141 pounds his last fight and was very sharp.plus he was a ranked welter before going down in class and fought at 141 soo 140 making the weight is not an issue at this time..everyone may dislike dan r but his rankings are far more fair and accurate and honest then any commisions.5 6 or as low as 7 is accurate given jabs talent..hes there to fight any of the top guys unlike haye and strum and a few other fighters .
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's   Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Dan is the same guy that criticized The Ring for having Haye number 10 at Heavyweight after only beating Monte Barret. It's not a pound for pound list.

Zab will fold under pressure again. He's not beating Maidana, Alexander, Khan, or Bradley. He's already scheduled to fight Oct. 2 prolly against another faded fighter. This has been Zab's M.O. Beat cans to build up a mega fight only to lose.

He never really accomplished anything at 140 when he was fighting there. He's not a top 10 140 fighter.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's   Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:43 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
Dan is the same guy that criticized The Ring for having Haye number 10 at Heavyweight after only beating Monte Barret. It's not a pound for pound list.

Zab will fold under pressure again. He's not beating Maidana, Alexander, Khan, or Bradley. He's already scheduled to fight Oct. 2 prolly against another faded fighter. This has been Zab's M.O. Beat cans to build up a mega fight only to lose.

He never really accomplished anything at 140 when he was fighting there. He's not a top 10 140 fighter.

Makes sense then

Zab being ranked #5 lol
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's   Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:52 pm

I don't have a problem with the ranking. A former beltholder moves down. 5th is about right. Bradley, Alexander, Khan, and Maidana deserve to be ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's   Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:59 pm

I think Zab knocks Ortiz out
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's   Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:00 pm

haye had moved up. Going from fighting guys at 200 pounds to guys who weigh 220-250.

Zab was already a belt holder at 140 and was once the lineal champ at 147;

Zab knocks Ortiz into the middle of next year with the left uppercut.
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's   Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:16 pm

dan has a problem with weights Wink
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's   Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:33 pm

come on folks. Please refer to Dan Rafael properly.

His name is:

Mr. Twinkie.

Or at least that is how I refer to him
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's   Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:45 pm

exactly

Arbys doesnt have twinkies and is kind of healthy

are you high Slick?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's   Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:58 pm

i know i'm going to get murdered by most here. BUt i'm not impressed with maidana at all and i think zab knocks him the fuck out. maidana has absolutely NO defense and zab will land flush on him and ko him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's   Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:59 pm

RUM CAPITAL wrote:
i know i'm going to get murdered by most here. BUt i'm not impressed with maidana at all and i think zab knocks him the fuck out. maidana has absolutely NO defense and zab will land flush on him and ko him.
It depends on what Zab shows up.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's   Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:01 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
RUM CAPITAL wrote:
agreed. but even in the cayo fight i saw maidana look sloppy and very vulnerable at times. i'm no judah fan but i think he can beat most in this weight class if he comes mentally ready.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's   Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:03 pm

RUM CAPITAL wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
RUM CAPITAL wrote:
agreed. but even in the cayo fight i saw maidana look sloppy and very vulnerable at times. i'm no judah fan but i think he can beat most in this weight class if he comes mentally ready.
Zab is very good when he comes in ready. But Maidana will land on Judah and then what will Judah do? Will he go back to crazy ass Judah?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's   Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's Empty

Back to top Go down

Zab must've gave Dan Rafael an unlimited gift certificate to Arby's
Page 1 of 1