Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shark Fights adds to already impressive card

Go down 
+3
captain organic
SOKO
OU
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Shark Fights adds to already impressive card Empty
PostSubject: Shark Fights adds to already impressive card   Shark Fights adds to already impressive card EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:41 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/20079/shark-fights-13-adds-champion-evans-larson-herman-spratt-mann-hicks.mma
Notable additions include Bellator heavyweight Dave Herman (16-2) vs. Aaron Rosa (14-3), WEC vets Karen Darabedyan (9-3) vs. Marcus Hicks (9-3), and UFC vet Pete Spratt (21-17) vs. Eric Davila (17-10).
Additionally, recent UFC welterweight Brock Larson (28-4) fights on the preliminary card, though an opponent has not been named.

The full card includes:

MAIN CARD

•Champ Trevor Prangley vs. Keith Jardine (light-heavyweight non-title fight)
•Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. Houston Alexander
•Paul Daley vs. TBA
•Drew McFredries vs. Joey Villasanor
•TBA vs. TBA
PRELIMINARY CARD

•Champ Douglas Evans vs. Ronnie Mann (featherweight title fight)
•Brock Larson vs. TBA
•Dave Herman vs. Aaron Rosa
•Karen Darabedyan vs. Marcus Hicks
•Eric Davila vs. Pete Spratt
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Shark Fights adds to already impressive card   Shark Fights adds to already impressive card EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:43 pm

why not have Larson vs Daley? Seems to make more sense then current TBA.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Shark Fights adds to already impressive card   Shark Fights adds to already impressive card EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:54 pm

^ for real sooners I think brock could pull a Kos and grind daley out to a UD even tho he might get sucker punched for it.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Shark Fights adds to already impressive card   Shark Fights adds to already impressive card EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:57 pm

thoght marcus was fighting a chick till I looked it up. didnt know karen fought in the wec and has a 12-0 amateur boxing record. should be a good fight cause marcus is a banger. Also sooners do you think the dean can pull out a win here cause prangley is game as they come
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shark Fights adds to already impressive card   Shark Fights adds to already impressive card EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:03 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
thoght marcus was fighting a chick till I looked it up. didnt know karen fought in the wec and has a 12-0 amateur boxing record. should be a good fight cause marcus is a banger. Also sooners do you think the dean can pull out a win here cause prangley is game as they come

Should be a very good fight. Not sure who to pick.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Shark Fights adds to already impressive card   Shark Fights adds to already impressive card EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 4:34 pm

I hope that there is some way to watch this card, prelims included.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Shark Fights adds to already impressive card   Shark Fights adds to already impressive card EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:36 pm

and here it is.

President: Announcement of Shark Fights 13 broadcast plans coming next week

Now that officials have booked some big names and marketable matchups for its star-studded Shark Fights 13 event, the first question is obvious: How do fans watch it?

Brent Medley, president of the successful Texas-based promotion, today told MMAjunkie.com Radio that fans can expect an announcement shortly.

"It'll be available for people to see," he said. "I wouldn't stack this card and not show it to essentially the world."

Sharks Fights 13 takes place Sept. 11 at the Amarillo Civic Center in Texas. Featured main-card bouts include Keith Jardine vs. Trevor Prangley, Houston Alexander vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou, and Joey Villasenor and Drew McFedries. Even the preliminary card is stacked with fights such as featherweight champ Douglas Evans vs. Ronnie Mann, Dave Herman vs. Aaron Rosa, and Karen Darabedyan vs. Marcus Hicks.

Regardless of how it airs, Medley said fans can expect to see both the main and preliminary cards as part of the broadcast. And he isn't counting out a traditional pay-per-view airing, a network- or cable-television special, or even an online stream.

"As we started announcing more and more (fights), more people came to us and are now interested in (broadcasting) it," Medley said. "I just wanted to make sure we put our best foot forward and that it's worthy of the fight card we produced."

Medley, who's crisscrossing the country to take meetings to close a deal, said an announcement could come early next week.

Who's paying for this thing?

Aside from broadcast plans, fans have been asking another frequent question: How is Shark Fights affording this thing?

While the organization traditionally has mixed a few proven stars with its primary group of regional fighters, Medley and the Shark Fights team obviously went international and opened their pocketbooks for the Sept. 11 card.

So is the company gambling its future on a onetime mega-event?

"One of the great things is that I've got great, great investors who are committed," said Medley, a former pro fighter who owns a 1999 victory over WEC contender Leonard Garcia. "They're big fight fans themselves. ... So I went to them, and we got separate money for this show. I said I want it (the event costs, including fighters salaries) paid for before the event.

"I'm a fight fan then a promoter. ... Are we trying to play with the big boys? Is this event going to leverage our company? The answer is no. The event is separate from our day-to-day profile."

Additionally, while the company is pulling out all the stops for Shark Fights 13, Medley said every decision is made carefully.

"When we originally started this company, we said from the get go that we're going to take this as high as we can," said Medley, who said he's committed to keeping Shark Fights out of an MMA ceremony that already includes the IFL, EliteXC, BodogFIGHT and Affliction Entertainment. "But we must keep our feet on the ground and our heads out of the clouds."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/20081/pres...-next-week.mma

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Shark Fights adds to already impressive card   Shark Fights adds to already impressive card EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:03 pm

mght go to this, Marcus is a real nice guy met him a few times, his girlfriend fought in some amateur fights i judged
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Shark Fights adds to already impressive card   Shark Fights adds to already impressive card EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:48 pm

I've heard of every one of these fighters and top to bottom this event is better than some shows produced by the UFC this year. Wow.

Still seems missing that A lister, but it's almost entirely made of top B level guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Shark Fights adds to already impressive card   Shark Fights adds to already impressive card EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Opponent for Daley is in: Jorge Masvidal

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/10/1616116/mma-weekly-reports-that-shark

Moving up from LW: has wins over Yves, J Lauzon, among others on the resume
Also the one who lost to Imada in Bellator last year via the inverted triangle which I'm sure everyone on here saw

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Shark Fights adds to already impressive card   Shark Fights adds to already impressive card EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:15 pm

what a great fight card
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Shark Fights adds to already impressive card   Shark Fights adds to already impressive card EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 12:28 am

My fav gamebred fights will always be the assbeatings of Ray.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Shark Fights adds to already impressive card   Shark Fights adds to already impressive card EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:39 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
My fav gamebred fights will always be the assbeatings of Ray.

Those were classic. Ray thought he was a bad man until a 155 lb. kid picked his 200 lb. frame apart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shark Fights adds to already impressive card   Shark Fights adds to already impressive card Empty

Back to top Go down

Shark Fights adds to already impressive card
Page 1 of 1