Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RIP Jack Tatum

Go down 
+4
GDPofDRC
WinstonSmith
OU
NoRegret
8 posters
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Former Ohio State and Oakland Raiders great has died at the age of 61 today from a heart attack.

He was one of the most VICIOUS hitters in the history of both college and pro football.

I will find you guys a highlight vid later if uve never seen him, but I'm on my phone right now. Dude was a beast.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:42 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Former Ohio State and Oakland Raiders great has died at the age of 61 today from a heart attack.

He was one of the most VICIOUS hitters in the history of both college and pro football.

I will find you guys a highlight vid later if uve never seen him, but I'm on my phone right now. Dude was a beast.

I'll start it off
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:15 pm

As a Pats fan,I never cared for the dude for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:28 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:

Ohhh waahhhh. It happens, its football. I bet you dont and didnt mind Rodney Harrison who was every bit as dirty of a player.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:36 pm

RIP to a warrior.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:45 pm

He's the second guy they show on this vid.

Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:46 pm

I remember back in the day...anytime me or any of my buddies got laid out playing football we would yell out "you just got Jack Tatum'd!" lol good times.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 12:48 pm

NoRegret wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

Ohhh waahhhh. It happens, its football. I bet you dont and didnt mind Rodney Harrison who was every bit as dirty of a player.

I have no problem with the hit on Stingley(football is a collision sport).He could have made an attempt to visit Stingley when his career was over,instead he had to uphold his "badass" image years after he was no longer relevant.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 12:51 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

I have no problem with the hit on Stingley(football is a collision sport).He could have made an attempt to visit Stingley when his career was over,instead he had to uphold his "badass" image years after he was no longer relevant.

I'm sure they talked afterwards...there's no definate way to know if they ever talked or not.

The fact remains is he is the embodiment of what football should be...Love the guy both on and off the field. The way the NFL is being set up now a days is a joke.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 12:53 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

After he retired, he did try to meet with Stingley and his family. They declined the meeting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 12:59 pm

RIP The man was a beast. All us Raider fans loved the guy.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 2:31 pm

As a life-long Pats fan I always had IMMENSE respect for Jack Tatum. The Stingley thing wasn't dirty, just a bad accident. Was Tatum a nice guy? I just didn't and don't care. He was EXACTLY what I wanted out of a football player.

RIP dude.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 2:43 pm

a bad mamba jamba
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:29 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

After he retired, he did try to meet with Stingley and his family. They declined the meeting.

They were going to meet on a tv show and Stingley pulled out when he found out Tatum would be there promoting his book. I don't blame Stingley for pulling out.

And Regret....if you think letting guys today play like Tatum did back then would be a good thing, you're an ass.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 5:01 am

gotta love his old school hits but if you watch your ahrd pressed to find 1 hit that wasnt a deliberate pimp smack across the face
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:10 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

They were going to meet on a tv show and Stingley pulled out when he found out Tatum would be there promoting his book. I don't blame Stingley for pulling out.

And Regret....if you think letting guys today play like Tatum did back then would be a good thing, you're an ass.

You wouldnt be the first to call me an ass. They get paid MILLIONS of dollars! This is supposed to be a PHYSICAL game...now with all of the penalties and fines and shit they're enforcing, it is turning into a PATTYCAKE BULLSHIT LEAGUE...

Any REAL football fan would agree to an extent that they're getting a bit out of hand, and if you dont, I'd tell you to go watch a sport like soccer or something where you can enjoy people faking injuries and taking dives to get a penalty for no fucking reason.

Football is meant to stay like it should...if they keep making all these revisions...then its gonna start losing its credibility in the long run. AND PEOPLE STILL GET HURT! Keeping it the same wouldnt cause much more injuries than what is already happening each year.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:12 am

The reason they're scaling back on the hits is because of all the brain damage it has been causing, i thought that was clear. Look at the study done on Chris Henrys brain, he didn't even have problems with concussions and they found his brain damaged to severe extent.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:45 am

NoRegret wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

You wouldnt be the first to call me an ass. They get paid MILLIONS of dollars! This is supposed to be a PHYSICAL game...now with all of the penalties and fines and shit they're enforcing, it is turning into a PATTYCAKE BULLSHIT LEAGUE...

Any REAL football fan would agree to an extent that they're getting a bit out of hand, and if you dont, I'd tell you to go watch a sport like soccer or something where you can enjoy people faking injuries and taking dives to get a penalty for no fucking reason.

Football is meant to stay like it should...if they keep making all these revisions...then its gonna start losing its credibility in the long run. AND PEOPLE STILL GET HURT! Keeping it the same wouldnt cause much more injuries than what is already happening each year.

Pardon the offense, but this is 100% meatball macho bullshit.

Guys are so ridiculously faster, stronger, and bigger today that if they were allowed to play like Tatum did, there would be deaths on the field. Bitch about the pattycake nature of protecting qb's and I might agree with you to an extent. You mentioned yourself....people are still getting hurt. Why is that? Because these guys are now human missiles with body armor on. They're are doing a damn fine job of maiming each other without all the semi-dirty tactics of the past. They are so much physically better than guys of Tatum's era, yet you still want them to be allowed to do the things they did back then. That's pretty fucking twisted.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 7:20 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

Pardon the offense, but this is 100% meatball macho bullshit.

Guys are so ridiculously faster, stronger, and bigger today that if they were allowed to play like Tatum did, there would be deaths on the field. Bitch about the pattycake nature of protecting qb's and I might agree with you to an extent. You mentioned yourself....people are still getting hurt. Why is that? Because these guys are now human missiles with body armor on. They're are doing a damn fine job of maiming each other without all the semi-dirty tactics of the past. They are so much physically better than guys of Tatum's era, yet you still want them to be allowed to do the things they did back then. That's pretty fucking twisted.

To counter your argument, the players may be faster and stronger than ever...but the protective equipment is also WAY BETTER than ever.

I'm not saying allow cheap shots, dirty hits, or anything of that nature. But if a safety wants to crack a receiver up high he shouldnt get penalized for it. The gameplay is SO FAST that alot of times, they do it on accident...other times maybe not. But alas, here we digress...we could dissect this topic for days and argue, and provide counter-arguments one way or the other...but neither of our opinions will change on the matter of the subject.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIP Jack Tatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Jack Tatum   RIP Jack Tatum Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Jack Tatum
Page 1 of 1