Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War

Go down 
+3
marbleheadmaui
oggy420
Birdofthad
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War   5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:27 pm

damn, I was reading a great thread on the civil war and then constitutional law broke out. I almost broke out in a cold sweat.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: 5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War   5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:49 pm

hahaha sorry captain, most civil war threads end up there

what do you think where the 5 biggest msitakes the south made?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: 5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War   5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:38 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
think the March to the Sea is the greatest military March in American History?

(when I say greatest I mean most effective and destructive)

Nope. It wasn't nearly as long but the march to the Delaware, the crossing and the ten mile March to Trenton, barefoot, in an ice storm was necessary for the creation of the USA. Over half the soldier's enlistments expired in a week. Washington doesn't do that and win? The army dissolves and the Revolution is over.

I'd also argue that Stonewall Jackson's Shenandoah Campaign was more militarily impressive than Sherman's March to the Sea. Of course in hindsight it was also less important than Sherman's March.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: 5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War   5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:03 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
think the March to the Sea is the greatest military March in American History?

(when I say greatest I mean most effective and destructive)

Nope. It wasn't nearly as long but the march to the Delaware, the crossing and the ten mile March to Trenton, barefoot, in an ice storm was necessary for the creation of the USA. Over half the soldier's enlistments expired in a week. Washington doesn't do that and win? The army dissolves and the Revolution is over.

I'd also argue that Stonewall Jackson's Shenandoah Campaign was more militarily impressive than Sherman's March to the Sea. Of course in hindsight it was also less important than Sherman's March.

Doh
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: 5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War   5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:08 am

Birdofthad wrote:
Will make my list you guys make yalls lets compare and exchange opinion

5. Firing Shots on Fort Sumter - ya the war had to start at some point, but was it really worth starting over something as little and unimportant as Fort Sumter. Makes sense that P.T. Beauregard, one of the worst generals in the war, started the war.

4. Everything Bloody Bill Robinson Did - alot of arguments are started over if the Civil War was really all over slavery or states rights or a mixture. Some argue the south were racists who didnt want to give up their "peculiar institute". Everything Bloody Bill Robinson and his band of guerillas did makes it hard to speak favorably about the South for 1 second. Known for "never taking prisoners", he left Union soldiers, and innocent civilians scalped, castrated, and often disfigured their faces. Killed over 20 colored soldiers who surrendered in a famous massacre. Was killed at 26. The deadliest playing field in the war was Missouri. Bloody Bill is one of the main reasons why. Jesse James served under him, and damn it cant think of the kids name but there was a 15 year old kid who became a folk legend and ran with the James Gang as well who got his start with Bloody Bill.

3. Someone Shoots Stonewall Jackson at Chancellorsville -At Chancellorsville the most important military mind for the south, not including Robert E. Lee, was shot..................by his own men. Oooops

2. Lee Goes after Washington at Gettysburg - Lee's last attempt to get to Washington, and man has it lived in emphamy.

1. Electing Jefferson Davis President of the Confederacy - would have been better off electing a blind donkey. Refused to believe the war was over or listen to Lee on key matters (like recruiting colored soldiers). It is fitting that he was caught wearing one of his wifes dresses.

Lee was a beaten man by the time gettysburg went down. He had lost all of his children or maybe had one left that was dying back home. I think this along with his own illnesses and the toll of the war showed in this battle. Also he got raw deal when the ridge was not flanked on the first day.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: 5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War   5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:09 am

oh and bird I have seen the backs of alot of chicks heads and that one looks black or atleast cuban or brazilian or some shit
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War   5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:24 am

Cu Bua wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
Will make my list you guys make yalls lets compare and exchange opinion

5. Firing Shots on Fort Sumter - ya the war had to start at some point, but was it really worth starting over something as little and unimportant as Fort Sumter. Makes sense that P.T. Beauregard, one of the worst generals in the war, started the war.

4. Everything Bloody Bill Robinson Did - alot of arguments are started over if the Civil War was really all over slavery or states rights or a mixture. Some argue the south were racists who didnt want to give up their "peculiar institute". Everything Bloody Bill Robinson and his band of guerillas did makes it hard to speak favorably about the South for 1 second. Known for "never taking prisoners", he left Union soldiers, and innocent civilians scalped, castrated, and often disfigured their faces. Killed over 20 colored soldiers who surrendered in a famous massacre. Was killed at 26. The deadliest playing field in the war was Missouri. Bloody Bill is one of the main reasons why. Jesse James served under him, and damn it cant think of the kids name but there was a 15 year old kid who became a folk legend and ran with the James Gang as well who got his start with Bloody Bill.

3. Someone Shoots Stonewall Jackson at Chancellorsville -At Chancellorsville the most important military mind for the south, not including Robert E. Lee, was shot..................by his own men. Oooops

2. Lee Goes after Washington at Gettysburg - Lee's last attempt to get to Washington, and man has it lived in emphamy.

1. Electing Jefferson Davis President of the Confederacy - would have been better off electing a blind donkey. Refused to believe the war was over or listen to Lee on key matters (like recruiting colored soldiers). It is fitting that he was caught wearing one of his wifes dresses.

Lee was a beaten man by the time gettysburg went down. He had lost all of his children or maybe had one left that was dying back home. I think this along with his own illnesses and the toll of the war showed in this battle. Also he got raw deal when the ridge was not flanked on the first day.

great post cu bua, i read that Lee knew the war was unwinnable and his main plan was to scare the Union into allowing the South back into the USA and possibly allowing them to keep their slaves, atleast thats what this book i read was saying, his plan was to keep the war going as long as possible to get an offer back in

and trust me its a white chick hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War   5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

5 Biggest Mistakes by the South in the Civil War
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2