Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another massive oil spill

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Another massive oil spill Empty
PostSubject: Another massive oil spill   Another massive oil spill EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:13 pm

this time in China
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38337393/ns/world_news-world_environment

wow we're really trying to fuck up our planet huh? Wonder if they'll ignore this one too....
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Another massive oil spill   Another massive oil spill EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:17 pm

We better offer our full support or they'll increase the interest as defined in the small print...
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Another massive oil spill   Another massive oil spill EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:22 pm

this is the second massive oil spill in a couple of months. seriously wtf are these people doing?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Another massive oil spill   Another massive oil spill EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:25 pm

and why is no one being held responsible? If these fucking oil pipes keep exploding there is obviously something wrong with their construction.....
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Another massive oil spill   Another massive oil spill EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:31 pm

its not so much the construction its just like how all the Dams built in FDR's New Deal are braeking down and creating big problems

people dont think "wonder what happens in 20-50 years when this breaks" at the time of construction
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Another massive oil spill   Another massive oil spill EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:36 pm

oggy420 wrote:
this is the second massive oil spill in a couple of months. seriously wtf are these people doing?

You were serious?... Well, accidents happen.

As far as what's going on... I'm sure there will be some blame pointed at bribed inspectors, the company that owns the pipeline, Haliburton, the Bush administration and the Obama administration. And in the end environmentalists will be screaming to shut every rig and pipeline on the planet down because it's obvious that a couple of notable accidents a few months apart is evidence that the rest will soon follow and the world will be covered in oil killing all life on the planet by December of 2012. The Obama administration will fold to the treehuggers whines, and rise to the forefront requesting that the world puts a ten year moratorium putting a stop to all oil functions on the planet while they explore better options. The rest of the world will continue to laugh at America until Doomsday arrives on the fateful day in 2012...
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Another massive oil spill   Another massive oil spill EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:39 pm

yea it's all a big joke ltfg. these oil spills are nothing. it's not like it's ruining oceans, killing wildlife, making people lose their jobs or anything. Pffttt why is this even news? Why are they covering this when lindsay lohan just got sentenced to jail? amiright?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Another massive oil spill   Another massive oil spill EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:42 pm

and yea im a tree hugging pot smoking hippie because i care about the planet i live on, so you dont have to waist you're time typing it.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Another massive oil spill   Another massive oil spill EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Easy little love... I agree that any of these occurances are bad. I agree that when they find what went wrong steps need to be taken to fix it to avoid a reccurance. But by the same token, people screaming to shut the planet down because they think it's the end of the world is ridiculous. Do we stop all flights when a plane crashes? Do we pull the plugs on all cars when a car accident happens? A little prespective is all we ask for Oggster...

You mention jobs in your rant... Do you realize that 9,000,000 people work in the oil and gas industry in this country alone? What effect do you think that Obama's little moratorium is going to have there?

Again, we know these incidents have they're negative impact, but a little perspective goes a long way...
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: Another massive oil spill   Another massive oil spill EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:11 pm

People love to say they want to stop off shore drilling and shit but they have no problem driving there big suv's everywhere. If we weren't so dependent on oil there would be no need for all this drilling.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Another massive oil spill   Another massive oil spill EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:31 pm

This is true... But we have to have time to create options. The reliance did happen overnight, so we can't expect to just kick it overnight either. If someone could tell me how to get my equipment and materials from one location to another without using oil, I would gladly look into it. If someone could tell me how to check on my operations that span a 100 mile area without using oil, I would gladly look into it.

On a wider stretching thought... About 99% of everything you touch daily has had petroleum involved one way or another in its creation or delivery... Some people think we can just flip a switch. Even most of those screaming the loudest couldn't hang if that switch were flipped...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Another massive oil spill   Another massive oil spill EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:47 pm

Does this still apply?

Based on the picture of the rescue, it might.

Another massive oil spill 129202710264712800

Seriously though, this could be real fucked up depending on what China does or doesn't allow to happen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Another massive oil spill   Another massive oil spill EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:13 am

2012 !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another massive oil spill   Another massive oil spill EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:17 am

Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
People love to say they want to stop off shore drilling and shit but they have no problem driving there big suv's everywhere. If we weren't so dependent on oil there would be no need for all this drilling.
Why have we not switched to electric cars yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another massive oil spill   Another massive oil spill Empty

Back to top Go down

Another massive oil spill
Page 1 of 1