Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Most evil boxer in motion picture

Go down 
+6
timthebim
captainanddew
dmar5143
marbleheadmaui
gomez1012
4445Frank
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Most evil boxer in motion picture Empty
PostSubject: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 4:16 pm

1. Clubber Lang - Mr. T gets the Academy Award for overacting, however it was entertaining. Nothing but a Rocky movie could accomodate a performance like the one T gave, but the movie as a whole came out well, which is the important thing.

2. Craig Bierko as Max Baer in Cinderella Man - No where near as mean as Mr. T. but a realistic and quality performance in a really great fight movie.

3. Ving Rhames as The Ice Man in "The Undisputed." - The Ice Man was supposed to be a portrayal of Mike Tyson. It was a good acting job by Ving Rhames, but it wasn't Mike Tyson. I didn't see his character as evil but rather unfortunate. Regardless, "The Undisputed" was a really fun movie that all boxing fans should see. Fight scenes are exceptional.

4. Raging Bull - Who ever the hell played Sugar Ray Robinson and beat Robert De Niro aka Jake La Motta down like that in the 13th was a raving maniac. LOL Seriously, as far as personality disorders are concerned, Jake got the worst of it via Bob De Niro's great performance in "Raging Bull."

Other opinions welcome.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Ivan Drago!!!!

Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:17 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ivan Drago!!!!

How could I forget him?! "I must break you."
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:20 pm

4445Frank wrote:
1. Clubber Lang - Mr. T gets the Academy Award for overacting, however it was entertaining. Nothing but a Rocky movie could accomodate a performance like the one T gave, but the movie as a whole came out well, which is the important thing.

2. Craig Bierko as Max Baer in Cinderella Man - No where near as mean as Mr. T. but a realistic and quality performance in a really great fight movie.

3. Ving Rhames as The Ice Man in "The Undisputed." - The Ice Man was supposed to be a portrayal of Mike Tyson. It was a good acting job by Ving Rhames, but it wasn't Mike Tyson. I didn't see his character as evil but rather unfortunate. Regardless, "The Undisputed" was a really fun movie that all boxing fans should see. Fight scenes are exceptional.

4. Raging Bull - Who ever the hell played Sugar Ray Robinson and beat Robert De Niro aka Jake La Motta down like that in the 13th was a raving maniac. LOL Seriously, as far as personality disorders are concerned, Jake got the worst of it via Bob De Niro's great performance in "Raging Bull."

Other opinions welcome.

Max Baer was NOTHING like he was portrayed in Cinderella Man. He was instead a funny, friendly, likeable guy.

Ironically a good answer for this might actually be Max Baer for his portrayal of remorseless ring killer Buddy Brannen in The Harder They Fall.

Of course Mr. T was sensational. "I live alone, I train alone, I'll win the title alone!"

I happened to catch Undisputed again the other night. Fun movie. Ving is too weightlifter stiff to convincingly portray a great boxer, but they taught him some decent moves and his menace is unmistakeable.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:23 pm

How about Hammerhead Hagen from Diggstown? Lucia Riker was pretty scary in Million Dollar Baby.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:27 pm

fiction is fiction.ill take the million dollar baby as unrealistic the fight sceen was..
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:36 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
fiction is fiction.ill take the million dollar baby as unrealistic the fight sceen was..
This was my problem with MDBaby. I never saw a fight where the boxer hit their opponent in the back once the fight ended... and crippled them. I thought it was an overrated movie.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:38 pm

Interviewer: What's your prediction for the fight?
Clubber Lang: My prediction?
Interviewer: Yes, your prediction.
Clubber Lang: Pain!

Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:39 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Other opinions welcome.

Max Baer was NOTHING like he was portrayed in Cinderella Man. He was instead a funny, friendly, likeable guy.

Ironically a good answer for this might actually be Max Baer for his portrayal of remorseless ring killer Buddy Brannen in The Harder They Fall.

Of course Mr. T was sensational. "I live alone, I train alone, I'll win the title alone!"

I happened to catch Undisputed again the other night. Fun movie. Ving is too weightlifter stiff to convincingly portray a great boxer, but they taught him some decent moves and his menace is unmistakeable.
I heard that Max was a nice guy from some reliable sources, namely Bert Sugar. He stated that Max went into a terrible depression after killing an opponent. But Marble, movies are movies. Ron Howard, who is mostly into detail, intentionally gave a false look at Max because every boxing movie needs an antagonist.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:41 pm

How about "Satan" in "South Park?" Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:48 pm

Tommy Gunn
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:29 pm

4445Frank wrote:

Other opinions welcome.

your flat out wrong , Baer was loved, he was like a clown, he was funny, and in all kinds of films, Ron Howard got sued and lost and had to pay 5 million to the Baer family for the bullshit portrayal of him in that movie
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:33 pm

i love it in undisputed when VIng scares the shit outta Jim Lampley and bitch slaps Wesley

how about Marvin Shibazz, Mister "I'll shove my dick so far up yo ass my dick will impale yo tonsil's"

Lovitz " well theres a prety picture"
Shibazz : "Shut up"
Lovitz: "Alright"
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:47 pm

4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Other opinions welcome.

I heard that Max was a nice guy from some reliable sources, namely Bert Sugar. He stated that Max went into a terrible depression after killing an opponent. But Marble, movies are movies. Ron Howard, who is mostly into detail, intentionally gave a false look at Max because every boxing movie needs an antagonist.

Ron Howard has forgotten more about moviemaking than I'll ever know. But in my view the antagonist had already been established, the Depression.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:58 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Other opinions welcome.

your flat out wrong , Baer was loved, he was like a clown, he was funny, and in all kinds of films, Ron Howard got sued and lost and had to pay 5 million to the Baer family for the bullshit portrayal of him in that movie
I didn't know about the lawsuit, however I stated in another post that I knew Baer was a nice guy. I didn't make the movie.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:01 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Other opinions welcome.

Ron Howard has forgotten more about moviemaking than I'll ever know. But in my view the antagonist had already been established, the Depression.
Great point, Marble. That makes the movie smart and sophisticated. A realistic look at boxing and the Depression. I'm on your side on this more than you'll ever know. lol: So tell me, when was the last time you saw an intelligent Hollywood movie? (smile)
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:03 pm

the chick from million dollar baby, even tho as someone already mentioned, its totally unrealistic, its worse than a bhop v golota v ruiz v tyson fight for fouls lol
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:05 pm

sugarrayhatton wrote:
the chick from million dollar baby, even tho as someone already mentioned, its totally unrealistic, its worse than a bhop v golota v ruiz v tyson fight for fouls lol
She was a real bitch.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:06 pm

Biopics are always a source of alot of fiction

Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:14 pm

4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Other opinions welcome.

Great point, Marble. That makes the movie smart and sophisticated. A realistic look at boxing and the Depression. I'm on your side on this more than you'll ever know. lol: So tell me, when was the last time you saw an intelligent Hollywood movie? (smile)

It's bad, I have almost written off Hollywood completely. The only decently written movies I can find are based on wonderful books. The House of Sand and Fog in like 2004 was absolutely brilliant. No Country for Old Men was excellent (is Chagur, time or death or what?), Ray was good too.

But too much of Hollywood's stuff now is agenda or special effects driven. I like scripts.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:23 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Other opinions welcome.

It's bad, I have almost written off Hollywood completely. The only decently written movies I can find are based on wonderful books. The House of Sand and Fog in like 2004 was absolutely brilliant. No Country for Old Men was excellent (is Chagur, time or death or what?), Ray was good too.

But too much of Hollywood's stuff now is agenda or special effects driven. I like scripts.
The House and Old Men were really special movies. I wish the majority of movie fans were more like you. They're not. Makes things harder for indie artists. Oh hell, those are the breaks. The masses never had much brains to begin with. I'm not a snob, just a hard working realist.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:24 pm

4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Other opinions welcome.

The House and Old Men were really special movies. I wish the majority of movie fans were more like you. They're not. Makes things harder for indie artists. Oh hell, those are the breaks. The masses never had much brains to begin with. I'm not a snob, just a hard working realist.

I'm a snob Smile
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:28 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Other opinions welcome.

I'm a snob Smile
LOL. Well nothing wrong with being a snob vs. Hollywood elitists. That means you ignore billion dollar movie companies and Paris Hilton. Yeah, I know. Paris Hilton. There's a downside to everything. Even being an intellectual.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:30 pm

4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Other opinions welcome.

I'm a snob Smile
LOL. Well nothing wrong with being a snob vs. Hollywood elitists. That means you ignore billion dollar movie companies and Paris Hilton. Yeah, I know. Paris Hilton. There's a downside to everything. Even being an intellectual.

I'm sure you've seen both of them, but two of the truly great scripts you'll ever see are James Goldman's "Lion in Winter" and Robert Bolt's "A Man for All Seasons." BTW Paris is VERY highly thought of on Maui. She is here often and treats the hotel staffs like they are family. Those staffs, maybe 3000 strong near my home, are really opinion-makers here. Her brother Nick is another story altogether.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:34 pm

ya the stuff in the lawsuit that really screwed Ron was having Baer talk shit about and to Braddocks wife which flat out didnt happen, they were able to prove it and Howard settled before it went farther if i remember correctly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most evil boxer in motion picture   Most evil boxer in motion picture Empty

Back to top Go down

Most evil boxer in motion picture
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next