Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar

Go down 
+9
Wolfgangsta
josh200612
NJBeatdown86
OU
oggy420
r3dman7630
GDPofDRC
Andrew the Raider King
Primetyme199
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  Empty
PostSubject: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:29 pm

DANNY Green wants to take down the baddest man on the planet - and do it bareknuckle.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Green, who tonight defends his IBO cruiserweight title against Paul Briggs, is trying to organise a fight with UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar, the American bad boy who weighs 120kg and benches 220kg.

Green said the bout, which would be a stand-up confrontation, could be held as early as February when the UFC returns to Sydney.

"Would I like to fight Brock Lesnar? Absolutely," Green confirmed after yesterday's weigh-in.

"Obviously my only focus right now is Paul Briggs but I'm professional enough to also have one eye on the future and to fight the baddest man on the planet, yeah, that excites me.

"I've spoken to my management team about getting in touch with [UFC president] Dana White to see if it's possible. It would have to be a stand up fight. There's no way I could compete with Lesnar on the ground.

"The bloke outweighs me by plenty and was a champion college wrestler. But to stand inside a steel cage and be able to use fists and elbows ... I'd fight bareknuckle if that's what it takes to get him inside a steel cage."

Having needed just 11 rounds to destroy his past four opponents, including Roy Jones Jr, Green's reputation as Australia's hardest puncher will be further cemented if he can score another convincing win against Briggs in Perth tonight.

And while he concedes a fight with Lesnar, who stands 6cm taller and outweighs him by almost 40kg, would be "like David versus Goliath", Green said the bout would be a popular one among Australian sports fans.

"I imagine we'd sell out any Sydney venue," he said.

While Green remains wary of Briggs, it's understood his manager Justin Manolikos has already drawn up a hit list of possible international rivals, including Lesnar, American heavyweight James Toney and New Zealand warrior Shane Cameron - with Cameron pushing to fight Green before Christmas on the advice of boxing legend Barry Michael.

Michael has been working extensively with the Aucklander and yesterday confirmed he was responsible for his sudden step down in weight to fight Australian cruiserweight champion Daniel Ammann on tonight's undercard.

"It was my idea because I think Shane can really challenge Green at cruiserweight - make it a huge trans-Tasman battle," Michael said. "He's already lost 13kg and I think he'll do a job on Daniel.

"I've already been over to New Zealand a couple of times to help him out where I can."
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:32 pm

"Here Brock fight where I am strongest and you weakest, so I can show I am a badass." Dude you either want to fight or not, you don't get to decide the rules too.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:36 pm

Yeah, that line of thought warrants two fights, a boxing match and a grappling match. He sounds stupid. What if Brock did the same and was calling out the best HW boxers to wrestling matches, no strikes, he would get laughed out hard. Danny green?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
r3dman7630
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
r3dman7630

Favorite Fighter(s) : Hendo, Fedor, Big Nog, Couture, Shogun, Gomi, Carrano, any one who fights Brock! and all the underdogs....

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:37 pm

ROCKY vs. THUNDERLIPS!
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:38 pm

wow thats fucking stupid. Hopefully Brock doesn't even give this ass clown the time of day.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:42 pm

No way White would give it an OK.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:44 pm

Isn't this like asking Money May to do a grappling only match with Aldo?
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Danny Green's latest opponent took a blatant dive, was KO'd by a fucking jab!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:41 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:
i remember that.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:48 pm

josh200612 wrote:
NJBeatdown86 wrote:
i remember that.

It was last night.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

NJBeatdown86 wrote:

It was a glancing jab on top of that.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:49 pm

I don't even know why storys about random athlete or non UFC fighter calling out Lesnar even get press at all. This shouldn't even be published.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:56 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
NJBeatdown86 wrote:
i remember that.

It was last night.
drunk last night and tonight dont judge me!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I don't even know why storys about random athlete or non UFC fighter calling out Lesnar even get press at all. This shouldn't even be published.
word wolf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:36 pm

I'm an Aussie and Danny Green has been saying a lot of stupid stuff lately. He's been fighting bums since losing to Anthony Mundine and he shouldn't even be taken seriously. Beating a washed up Roy Jones Jr is getting to his head.

I can't believe i'm saying this but i'm with Wolf on this 1.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:08 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
I'm an Aussie and Danny Green has been saying a lot of stupid stuff lately. He's been fighting bums since losing to Anthony Mundine and he shouldn't even be taken seriously. Beating a washed up Roy Jones Jr is getting to his head.

word mate!
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:17 am

It would be Lesnar's biggest payday by far. Green makes millions per fight, not the chump change White pays his guys. Danny Green is 185 pounds, I don't think it's unreasonable for him to want a strike-only fight with a monster like Lesnar.

Of course it won't happen. Green is talking nonsense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:53 am

NJBeatdown86 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM00iERp5_Y

Is that really what happened ? it blatantly looks like a dive.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:41 pm

Canvas wrote:
It would be Lesnar's biggest payday by far. Green makes millions per fight, not the chump change White pays his guys. Danny Green is 185 pounds, I don't think it's unreasonable for him to want a strike-only fight with a monster like Lesnar.

Of course it won't happen. Green is talking nonsense.

Are u serious??? Thats not a fight thats a BOXING match!!! Lesnar isnt a BOXER!! He is a MMA Champion. Tell Green to go challenge Wlad or some1 else that would take his head off!
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:42 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Is The Daily Telegraph a legit paper or is it a bs one that runs whatever stories that come up true or untrue?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:59 am

Primetyme199 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Is The Daily Telegraph a legit paper or is it a bs one that runs whatever stories that come up true or untrue?

It's a respectable paper, not a tabloid.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:08 pm

You're welcome, it's that paper Gareth Davies writes for.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxingandmma/
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 4:10 pm

Well this isnt worthy of being in any paper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar    Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar  Empty

Back to top Go down

Danny Green keen to fight UFC star Brock Lesnar
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next