Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stallone on Randy Couture...

Go down 
+9
Wolfgangsta
Cu Bu
SOKO
Ludo
Birdofthad
EliteAcidBurn
OU
oggy420
Andrew the Raider King
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Stallone on Randy Couture... Empty
PostSubject: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:15 pm

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/07/20/sylvester-stallone-david-letterman-talk-up-randy-couture/

Sylvester Stallone's upcoming movie The Expendables features an all-star cast of Hollywood tough guys including Stallone himself, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Jet Li, Jason Statham, Terry Crews, and Stone Cold Steve Austin. But Stallone says that when the whole cast got together, there was no question who the toughest guy in the room was: Randy Couture.

Talking to David Letterman on Monday night, Stallone talked up Couture as the guy who made the other guys uncomfortable during the fight scenes, and Letterman showed a healthy respect and admiration for Couture's accomplishments in the cage.

Here's the exchange:

Letterman: "Who else is in it? A lot of tough guys?"

Stallone: "You've got Randy Couture, a six-time world champion."

Letterman: "Six-time world champion mixed martial arts guy. These guys are dangerous, aren't they?"

Stallone: "You know what? They don't know their own strength. Randy kept air-mailing people. We shot in an old fort with solid brick walls, and I would notice these stunt men hitting the walls, and finally, they were begging me, 'Don't let him touch me anymore. I can't take it. I'm so beat up I can't breathe.' Steve Austin is a tough guy but he was going, 'Please, take me out.'"

Letterman: "They're the real deal."

Stallone: "Someone asked me, 'You put all these tough guys, Dolph Lundgren, Jet Li, in a room together, who comes out?' If you walked in 10 minutes later you'd see Randy Couture sitting on topof us having a chocolate fudge sundae."

Letterman: "He's the real deal."

Couture is actually a five-time champion, but other than that, it was a great example of MMA getting some mainstream recognition.
Read More: MMA Media Watch UFC Ran
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:17 pm

good shit
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Here is Stone Cold on Randy
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/7/14/1569083/ufc-quick-quote-austin-3-16-says
"I didn't see [Randy Couture's] acting chops but I did see his fight skills. When you get the chance to fight with one of the elite fighters of all time, it's just a fun day at the office. Coming from a pro wrestling background people would always ask me 'Well what would happen if you and Randy squared off?' I pretty much chalk it up to this: I was a pro wrestler and Randy is a pro fighter. I was glad we were on a movie set and not in the Octagon. He's a very classy guy, very professional, he didn't stiff me one single time. I think he was very leery, very understanding of the skills that he possesses, a true professional. It was a blast fighting with Randy but I knew that if he let one go I was probably gonna be looking up at the lights."
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:16 pm

Good to hear MMA elite's are getting the respect they deserve. I cant wait to see this movie
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:24 pm

if you count the interim title he is a 6 time champ

obviously Sly counts interim titles
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Interim or not. 5 time or 6 time is irrelevant at this point. No one else to date has claim to any UFC hardware that many times.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Regardless, it makes me laugh seeing how respectful they are of Randy, but they all play badasses for a living.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:34 pm

li a few years ago minus being little as hell would give randy a run standing.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Regardless, it makes me laugh seeing how respectful they are of Randy, but they all play badasses for a living.

yep, shows who is the real badass when the script goes out the window.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:28 pm

Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:31 pm

^ sly is the fucking man.... class act
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:40 pm

andrew is that guy in your sig real??

if so a peruvian necktie would be an acceptable use of this guys tongue
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:46 pm

Oh yeah! He was at the Anti-Arizona Immigration Bill Rally. He's an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:47 pm

Li would have beat his ass standing, but Randy would have drove his ass into a wall, slammed the fuck out of him and ripped a limb off before they exchanged one time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:02 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Li would have beat his ass standing, but Randy would have drove his ass into a wall, slammed the fuck out of him and ripped a limb off before they exchanged one time.

Randy would do anything he wanted to to Jet Li. Jet Li is a movie bad ass and that is it.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Li was a national wushu champion at the age of 17. Strictly standing and all things being equal Li fucks Randy's shit up 10 out of 10 times.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Looking forward to this movie. It's gonna be shitty but quite enjoyable to watch.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:27 pm

i jsut wanna see Rocky vs Drago 2
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:29 pm

LudoCain wrote:
Li was a national wushu champion at the age of 17. Strictly standing and all things being equal Li fucks Randy's shit up 10 out of 10 times.

I am a wushu pork champion at the Chinese buffet, but Randy is an MMA champion so I will stick to eating. Let's not get out of control here by guessing that a midget from China could hang with Randy in a fight if they were the same size. Speed isn't everything in a fight. I see Jet running in and landing a strike and Randy hitting him one time and dropping him.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:31 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
i jsut wanna see Rocky vs Drago 2
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:26 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

I was listening to SVP-Ryan Russillo on ESPN radio today and Randy was on there talking about this. He said that Dolph Lundgren(played Ivan Drago in Rocky) is in the movie and he is 6'5 245lbs and did full contact karate in Europe and still trains. Randy said it would be interesting to get in there with him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:01 pm

For someone who sucks Cung Le off constantly you sure know dick about that style.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:22 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
For someone who sucks Cung Le off constantly you sure know dick about that style.

For someone who posts on an MMA site more than six of us combined I can't belive you would compare Jet Li to Cung Le. This is the dumbest post you have ever had Wolf. I would neg you if I wasn't so nice now days.......and I am out of votes. Fighting styles are one thing, but you guys are comparing Jet Li to Randy????????WTF!
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:37 pm

Jet Li would be destroyed by Randy. Are we seriously talking about this. And Dolph would be destroyed now. I believe he had a boxing exhibition with Oleg fairly recently.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:39 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

See Ludo's post also. He didn't practice San Shou. He did all that sword swinging and dragon fist shit. No comparison to a real fighter like Cung Le.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stallone on Randy Couture...   Stallone on Randy Couture... Empty

Back to top Go down

Stallone on Randy Couture...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next