Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?

Go down 
+8
dmar5143
bobbitt15
Deezy0814
SlickMoneyXL
marbleheadmaui
Birdofthad
Ring
NJBeatdown86
12 posters

Which of the two guys do you want to see Manny face ?
Antonio Margarito
Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? Vote_lcap38%Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
Miguel Cotto
Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? Vote_lcap62%Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? Vote_rcap
 62% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage

Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? Empty
PostSubject: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Personally I want to see Manny in with Antonio Margarito.

Yes he's a cheating scumbag but he presents Manny with an interesting challenge, Tony's a granite chinned warrior who doesn't stop coming forward unless you viciously pound away at his face and body.

Will Manny be able to stop Tony, or will he easily just bob and move to a unanimous decision ?

We've been there and done that with Miguel Cotto, and he'll be dumb enough to have the rematch at Welterweight where he'll have little if no advantages at all. Manny Steward might be able to improve Miguel's technique and jab but it's still not going to change the speed disadvantage Cotto will face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:11 pm

Really you guys want a pointless Cotto rematch ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:12 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Really you guys want a pointless Cotto rematch ?
I would rather reward a nice guy in the sport with a big payday over a guy who should never be allowed to box again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:16 pm

Margarito has the style and size to make it into a competitive brawl, Cotto will just start back pedaling once Manny clips him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:18 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Margarito has the style and size to make it into a competitive brawl, Cotto will just start back pedaling once Manny clips him.
Why? Margo has looked like shit lately. Also I dont care if it would be the best fight I have ever seen I dont want that cheating bastard to ever get another fight.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:22 pm

Margarito should be banned for life, and be thankful he was never charged with attempted assault (or assault in the case of the Cotto fight).

"What he did was inexcusable. He should be banned from the sport forever, there should'nt be any forgiveness."- Arum on Luis Resto. Funny how when his big star gets busted, his opinion is totally different.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:39 pm

I don't wanna see Pac fight Cotto, because he's already beat him, and would again, there's no point in having a rematch. As for Pac-Margo, why does Margo deserve a shot at Pacquiao?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:43 pm

I vote neither
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:52 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
I vote neither
LOL
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:53 pm

literally neither one of those fights interests me in any way shape or form
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
literally neither one of those fights interests me in any way shape or form
When you are talking about Pac and Floyd the only fight that interests me is them fighting each other. Pac does have unfinished buisness with JMM though.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:06 am

I'm really not sure without Floyd that Manny can prove anyhting more unless he takes on an impossible challenge by fighting Sergio Martinez...which would be lunacy...again.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:08 am

Cotto hands down. Margarito doesnt deserve shit. I swear on my girl's cunt hairs that im not buying a Margo-Pac PPV. No stream surfing either.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:22 am

hahah that was crafty slick

either way if you order it or stream it all your out is your girls landing strip
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:24 am

neither one but if i had to choose margo. call me crazy, i know he doesnt deserve it but really a cotto rematch? ahh who am i kidding i dont want to see either of these fights.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:28 am

Don't care about either of them but if Floyd isn't going to fight him there isn't much left for Manny to prove. He can take a payday and fight whoever he wants as far as I'm concerned
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:44 am

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
Cotto hands down. Margarito doesnt deserve shit. I swear on my girl's cunt hairs that im not buying a Margo-Pac PPV. No stream surfing either.

Charming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:45 am

I am not saying Margarito deserves the fight but he'll provide an interesting build up story about his wraps and his style will make for a fun fight.

A Cotto rematch would just be one big waste of time.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:02 am

id much rather see pac fight arum...and cotto fight margo.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:05 am

I wouldn't be terribly interested in either one of those fights. I think it's time for some new challenges. Andre Berto, Tim Bradly, Alexander, etc.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:15 am

A fight vs Pac is a big payday.
Cotto has fought alot of top guys at 140 and 147. He has made alot of money. I'd rather see him get a couple of decent paydays (in winnable fights), than fight Pac again.

I wish Margarito would never make another dime in boxing, but I'd rather see him cash out and hopefully take a beat down than see Cotto all busted up again.
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:00 am

fuck cotto, he got battered. and for all of you who hate margo, wouldnt an almighty hammering at the hands of pacqioao be a fitting punishment??? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:06 pm

sugarrayhatton wrote:
fuck cotto, he got battered. and for all of you who hate margo, wouldnt an almighty hammering at the hands of pacqioao be a fitting punishment??? lol
And he gets millions? Hell no. I would rather he fight someone like Berto make no money and get hammered.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:50 pm

berto or mayweather for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?   Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which opponent would you prefer Manny Pacquiao to face ?
Page 1 of 1