Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards

Go down 
+3
timthebim
captainanddew
Birdofthad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards Empty
PostSubject: Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards   Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:51 pm

1 judge had Douglas winning at the time of the stoppage, 88-86 how pathetic is that
A Japanese jusdge had Tyson up 88-86 and another one had it a draw

good thing Buster KOd Mike cause he probably would have been robbed
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards   Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:55 pm

yeah, Tyson came into the fight not ready.

He wasn't in great shape. Didn't appear to be sharp. His corner was using a latex glove on his face. Was great stuff.

I often wonder how long Tyson could have held it together if he hadn't gotten rid of the decent people he had around him on the way up and replaced them with DK and his crew of jokers. I think tyson still burns out early, but he could have gone a few more years winning against top competition.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards   Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:24 pm

agree capt , Tyson was stupid for letting Don play the race card and Tyson was dumb enough to eat it up

look where it got him
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards   Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:07 pm

Damn alittle surprising the judges had it scored like that!
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards   Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:12 pm

This is boxing. The hometown fighter has to get beat down to lose.
This is boxing. The bigger name fighter has to get beat down to lose

I apologize but I'm in semi-rant mode this evening.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards   Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:14 pm

I'm not surprised by the scoring at all. Don King sets new lows all the time. Tyson was not close to being in that fight. If ever a fighter was dominated, it was Tyson that night. He won the eighth round, that was it. But get this, Douglass wasn't the only one Don tried to rob that night. Tyson has yet to see a penny from that fight. Just ask Don King's accountant, "Joe Mafia." If you want to read about evil personified, buy "Jack Newfields" bio on Don King. I forgot the name of it. It was so disturbing, I gave it away when I finished it.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards   Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
1 judge had Douglas winning at the time of the stoppage, 88-86 how pathetic is that

You might recall that after the Douglas fight, King and Tyson protested the KO, and said that Tyson didn't get a fair shake on the 10 count. I believe it was actually a few weeks later before Douglas was officially declared the new, HW Champion. From that point on I started hating the sore loser Tyson, and I was glad the "invincible" bully finally got his ass kicked.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards   Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:00 pm

I remember Ring cause tehy werent in America King thought he coud just overturn the loss with no problem

Who the hell thinks Tyson was from Tokyo?
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards   Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:08 pm

bird thanks for the scorecards.unbelievable..tyson won 1 round the rest he was clearly outclassed.not even close..if in fact tyson got no money from king he should of kicked dons asss and sued him..end the relationship..at that time bozo the clown could promote tyson and a sellout gate and big ppv numbers still would of been gotten.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards   Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:34 am

agree dmar, Tyson did Kick Dons face, literally couple years later

I think the Japanese judges figured they would suck Dons dick and get used again

sad thing is the referee was black balled and retired, basically has said Don King made me unhirable

he did one of the finest ref jobs of recent memory, got 1 title fight after Tyson Douglas, a WBO fight, and retired several years later the sport is brutal
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards   Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:03 am

Birdofthad wrote:

That is arguably the worst scoring in boxing history.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards   Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:12 am

to me ive watched this fight a couple times and call me crazy if you will but IMO tyson didnt win a damn round and got exposed by someone with a good jab and showed what happnens if you take him past the fourth round and keep him outside
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards   Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyson vs Douglas ScoreCards
Page 1 of 1