Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Overeem vs. Fedor:

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Overeem vs. Fedor: Empty
PostSubject: Overeem vs. Fedor:   Overeem vs. Fedor: EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:28 am

Since it looks like Fedor's last contracted fight with SF will more than likely be against Reem, what's your opinion on this fight? Back to back guys off losses getting Title shots, and most of all the chance Fedor could potentially lose 2 fights in a row, then you'd def never see him in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Overeem vs. Fedor:   Overeem vs. Fedor: EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:46 am

Well, this isnt even close to official. M-1 says they want Werdum. Coker is the one who brought up Overeem-Fedor as a possibility and i'm sure that might be pending another re-negotiation unless SF wants to back themselves in another corner with another title, considering Fedor's contract. Which i don't think they will...

but the matchup...i favor Overeem. I think he's in his prime now. I like him in the standup and i think the cage would work to his benefit with his size and strength advantage. Rogers had Fedor in plenty of positions against the cage where somebody like Overeem would be dropping some sharp knees and clean shots while Rogers was too tired to do anything except stall. I think Fedor has the chin and grappling advantage. I think Fedor landing a few clean ones would put Overeem on skates and while Overeem is actually pretty good on the ground, i would favor Fedor if the fight goes there. I'm about 51-49 for Reem...and i was prepared to pick Overeem had Fedor defeated Werdum so this is not because Fedor took a loss.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Overeem vs. Fedor:   Overeem vs. Fedor: EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:48 am

best chance at getting Fedor to resign is by making him the StrikeForce Champ

still I am a big StrikeForce fan and supporter

but they need to get their fucking shit in order, in the real world you need to FUCKING WIN to get a title shot
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Overeem vs. Fedor:   Overeem vs. Fedor: EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:49 am

I've stated on here before I was taking Ubereem if Fedor had gotten past Werdum. Now I'm curious to see Fedor since he's finally tasted defeat. This could stir up some kind of terminator, who knows.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Overeem vs. Fedor:   Overeem vs. Fedor: EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:52 am

shit everyone saying Fedor cant handle the new age heavyweight just watch Fedor vs Overeem if it happens cause thats wht we will be getting
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Overeem vs. Fedor:   Overeem vs. Fedor: EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:07 am

Kings isn't Werdum going to be out?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Overeem vs. Fedor:   Overeem vs. Fedor: EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:03 am

Yeah. Werdum is having surgery to his arm. I don't know how long it's supposed to keep him out though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overeem vs. Fedor:   Overeem vs. Fedor: Empty

Back to top Go down

Overeem vs. Fedor:
Page 1 of 1