Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through

Go down 
+3
captainanddew
gomez1012
NBrooks5
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through Empty
PostSubject: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:12 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=5343807

Gotta love Freddie. Although I think Floyd beats the hell out of the Pacman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:15 pm

I am so bored of Vegas, Mayweather vs Pacquiao would be better suited for Dallas.
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:18 pm

For a fight of that magnitude I wouldn't trust Texas judges.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:19 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:
For a fight of that magnitude I wouldn't trust Texas judges.

Sure but Cowboys stadium has the capacity for a fight of this magnitude. The MGM grand is too small for a gargantuan fight like Mayweather vs Pacquiao.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:28 pm

Vegas seems like a lock for November 13th
Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through Reporter-molly-sullivan-7

She's reporting that Steve Wynn is going to build an outdoor venue for the fight

http://twitter.com/MollyESullivan/status/17276903178
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:29 pm

Pac vs. Mayweather, with good latino fighters making up a good undercard, could sell out Cowboys stadium.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:30 pm

Wouldn't that be risky with the Vegas heat and humidity ? Barry McGuigan lost the Cruz fight because it was outdoors.
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:32 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Vegas seems like a lock for November 13th
Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through Reporter-molly-sullivan-7

She's reporting that Steve Wynn is going to build an outdoor venue for the fight

http://twitter.com/MollyESullivan/status/17276903178

If she would report to my bedroom, that would be something.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:36 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Wouldn't that be risky with the Vegas heat and humidity ? Barry McGuigan lost the Cruz fight because it was outdoors.

Dont think that would be an issue in November

http://govegas.about.com/od/weather/a/Weathernovlv.htm

Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:34 pm

I think Manny has to be perfect that night to beat Floyd. The only thing I've seen that tells me that Manny can win the fight is Floyd's legs. His legs didn't look the same in the Marquez fight as they did before he retired.

Against Mosley his legs didn't look that good either. He stood flat footed with no spring in the legs. So what kind of fighter can take advantage of that: a fighter fast enough to give angles, get off, and get out. That is Manny's best shot, use those quick feet.

I still think Floyd figures out a way to win the fight and wins going away, but I'm not as sure as I was 6 months ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:02 pm

Please God let this fight happen in Dallas! I will get to go watch it live if it does happen in Dallas. PLEASEEEEEEEE!
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:32 pm

im reading a few things inbetween the lines.1.arum says we will know in a week..ok lets make that 10 days.either theres a fight in vegas with floyd or we will go to dallas and fight someone else.soo if a agreement is not reached its see you later floyd..why does this nonsence have to take so long.2. i for one am not excited about margo and cotto at all..i prefer berto honestly..this inhouse crap needs to stop.margo hasnt earned it and the fight will be cotto at a weight of 150 for cottos 154 title giving manny a shot for number 8..i dont see any reason for it to happen at 147....if not berto then bradley at a weight of 144..
this fight and negotiations can finish today in one hour..why drag out the nonsence..if you cant get a fair settlement over money in one hour say its over lets not attemt another try after mannys fight on the 13th.your history.....
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:15 pm

If no Mayweather then who knows. I don't want to see a Cotto rematch. Margo is a cheater at worst and at best a guy who got destroyed by Mosley and then looked like doggy doo in his comeback fight. Neither guy really should be in there with Pac.

Berto is green.

To me this is one of the fallacies of the guys at 140 screwing around not finding out who really is the king of the mountain. If Bradley, Alexander, Maidana, and Khan had started setting up a 4 man tourney when it was discussed (a month or so ago), then by the end of the year/very early next year, we would be setting up a new king at 140. Someone who would be logical for a Pac fight next April or May.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:31 pm

damn that broad is fine, she should report from her knees

agree Ali

Boxing is stupid and so are the promoters if they settle for an under 20 thousand person venue

when they can PAC (haha I made a funny) 60 + thousand people in at Cowboy stadium
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:49 am

Damn can't stand either of those other options. I don't want to see Margo involved in any fights that get him exposure and there's no reason for a 2nd Cotto fight. Not sure what other options are out there though. Seeing him thrash Berto would be fine but not sure his people would go for it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:34 am

I would be interested in a Manny Pacquiao vs Andre Berto fight, yes he's still a bit wet behind the ears but he's a young hungry strong Welterweight with good speed and decent power. Beats the hell out of a pointless Cotto rematch and a disgraced Margarito.

As for Floyd, there is only one other option and that is Sergio Martinez for the Middleweight championship of the world.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:51 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
I would be interested in a Manny Pacquiao vs Andre Berto fight, yes he's still a bit wet behind the ears but he's a young hungry strong Welterweight with good speed and decent power. Beats the hell out of a pointless Cotto rematch and a disgraced Margarito.

As for Floyd, there is only one other option and that is Sergio Martinez for the Middleweight championship of the world.

+1
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:30 pm

ali i agree.manny since he fights after eating a ton weighs 144 or a little less has big fights at 144 with bradley and alexander as options since both feel they would like to try a higher weight..4 lbs is no big deal..floyd has SM and why not berto also.we could add a floyd -cotto fight in the mix but i doubt arum would work this with floyd...floyd has williams lets say at 150 but theres tons of excuses why he will avoid him....excuses and inactivity avoiding several fights or fighters is the NORM of todays fighters..sorry history and facts bare that out..they all talk a good game but in reality they dont fight..unless this changes drasticaly this pattern will continue in boxing...by now many may be tired of my statement fighters fight and they dont do it in the courtroom...this is not saying some fighters of today indeed are fantastic fighters or some are truly great or quality..cause they are...
it is saying they have no courage to take control of there destiny...i want to fight and often..5 times a year and at least 3 fights a year against the very best the other 2 against good fighters...instead there babyied prima donas spoiled and forget the poverty where many of them came from...excuses excuses BS calling out which is phoney and a ego driven overvaluing there worth and importance....as good as many of them are ill take a pep robinson gaviln greb and yes a gasper ortega a ralph tiger jones a giardello a billy graham a archie moore i can go on and on over these PRETENDERS today..

i guess fighting 5 times a year is a huge workload for these top fighters today..and sadly many boixing fans fall into the trap of excepting there non valid excuses...example.floyds negotiaters have approved a manny fight and the terms..why does it take a week to say yes or no..one hour is all thats needed..if this fight colapses we will hear a dozen david haye excuses..as a long long time real boxing fan im tired of it..so should other fans and boxing writers..enough of the bullshit...fight dam it or shutup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through   Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through Empty

Back to top Go down

Manny in Dallas if Mayweather falls through
Page 1 of 1