Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette

Go down 
+3
SOKO
muayjitsu
KingsOwn19
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette Empty
PostSubject: Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette   Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 11:26 pm

Did not see this posted yet. I think AA might need some help though

http://www.fighters.com/08/05/andrei-arlovski-confesses-suicide-games-after-losses-to-fedor-emelianenko-brett-rogers

Quote :
Andrei Arlovski Confesses Playing Russian Roulette After Losses to Fedor Emelianenko, Brett Rogers
Posted by Chad Edward on August 5th, 2009

Fighters.com’s tenth-ranked heavyweight “Pitbull” Andrei Arlovski (14-7) confessed Wednesday night to playing Russian roulette, a gamble during which a revolver is loaded with a single round, the cylinder spun, and then placed against the temple. The player pulls the trigger, chancing the bullet could end their life.

“First time I was 16, second time I was 30,” said the thirty-year old former UFC heavyweight champion. “It’s when you don’t care about anything.”

Keith Gelman, spokesman for Arlovski, contacted Fighters.com to emphasize Arlovski has never contemplated taking his own life.

Arlovski was knocked out in 22 seconds by fourth-ranked “Grim” Brett Rogers (8-0) at Strikeforce in St. Louis 6 June after meeting the same end in the first round by Fighters.com Heavyweight Champion “Last Emperor” Fedor Emelianenko (29-1) at Affliction M-1 Global in Anaheim 24 January.

When quizzed about the perception of a “glass jaw”, Arlovski responded, “In the heavyweight division, it’s no joke. I wasn’t knocked out [by Rogers]. He just punch me and the referee stopped the fight. I was completely conscious. I think “Big” John McCarthy did a good job. Who knows. Who knows, maybe I come back. Perhaps he could punch me a couple more times and give me some injury.”

After his devastating second knockout loss, Arlovski returned to his native Belarus. “I talked to some priest. He read me a poem,” Arlovski related. He also spent couch time with a sports psychologist to the Russian Olympic wrestling team and communed with his family.

“I cried a lot after my fights, you know. When I lost to Fedor, I cried. When I lost to Rogers, I cried. You might be surprised, but I had tears a lot in my last relationship,” Arlovski told, referencing his relationship with Playboy model Patricia Mikula.

“I want to box!” Arlovski announced his return to combat will be as a professional boxer at the end of September or beginning of October. “I definitely will continue to train with Freddie Roach.”

However, Arlovski indicated there was friction between his MMA trainers and Roach, a living legend in boxing.

“No more experiments,” Arlovski described his time with Roach training for MMA. “I have to come back to my old routines.” He announced that Roach will train him exclusively for boxing matches going forward.

Though he proclaimed, “I am an MMA fighter,” Arlovski’s MMA future is hazy. “I don’t want to make any predictions. I have a manager,” he said, noting that fighting in Japan, “would be real interesting for me, of course.”
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette   Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:49 am

He probably curses his glass chin. Its alright the best contenders in strikeforce are overeem and werdum. One has a glass chin like you the other you already beat so... your not doing that bad.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette   Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:48 am

it would be more fun with five bullets instead of one. jk guys not funny and hope that isnt true if so its time to wrap it up and enjoy what you got left of life.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette   Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:01 am

That sucks I like Arlovski and hope he comes back to the cage one of these days. Why would he kill himself if he's got millions in the bank and gets to bone playboy models???
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette   Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:42 am

A man that talented shouldn't have a glass jaw, it's sad really.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette   Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 10:46 am

Brett hits hella hard and so does Fedor. I think he could still be competitive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette   Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:44 am

crazy fucking russians and there pastimes
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette   Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 1:22 pm

He's no more Russian than you are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette   Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette Empty

Back to top Go down

Andrei Arlovski plays Russian Roulette
Page 1 of 1