Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?

Go down 
+8
LTFG
Bigs03
LA
boomer sooner
Andrew the Raider King
Ludo
OU
Wolfgangsta
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? Empty
PostSubject: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:35 pm

It was widely accepted by most MMA fans(those without agendas) and media that Fedor was the true MMA HW champion before the Werdum fight. This title would effectively be described as the "lineal HW title" to borrow a widely accepted boxing term. Since the fight some(UFC biased fankids) have pretended not to acknowledge or even admit the existence of this title in favor of just making Brock/Carwin the number 1 HW. It is a conveniant and cheap way to ignore the reality of the sport and further elevate the UFC rookies without real cause. I prefer the method that has been followed since the beginning of combat sports. I follow the lineal system. "The man who beat the man".

Now that he has been defeated by Fabricio Werdum, do you recognize Werdum as the successor to the Pride title and the "lineal HW title"?

I am sure I'll be disappointed by the results.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:38 pm

Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? Boy-hand-raised_~07627FRL
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:39 pm

Honestly yes. This wasn't some 3 round ground war in which Werdum won a split decision or something. It wasn't a fluke either. Werdum flat out beat Fedor on saturday and must be recognized as the lineal champion.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Werdum is THE HW Champ in MMA IMO.
But Fedor is the best HW in the world IMO. I said this earlier I didn't drop GSP from #1 WW when he lost because I still felt he was the best in the world so my vote reflected that. Was I wrong? Was he not the best WW when I voted that way? I don't think I'm wrong here either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:43 pm

Frank Mir is god.

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:47 pm

Ali I find that surprising you don't quite get the meaning of "lineal champion" as a boxing fan.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:47 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
If Overeem beat Werdum then fought Brock I'd view that winner as the lineal champion.

Wouldn't that be the unified champion?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:50 pm

Forget what I said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:51 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ali I find that surprising you don't quite get the meaning of "lineal champion" as a boxing fan.

I know what it means, I commented too fast without thinking about the question.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 4:00 pm

ya, "undisputed".

Werdum is the Undisputed HW champion. Regardless of if Brock or Carwin are good(read big and strong) fighters than could beat Werdum or Fedor or Overeem, the titles they hold were recreated titles after Randy lost to Barnett who left the promotion, and were otherwise lame ducked by Couture losses in Japan during his reign. Back when these losses happened, the UFC was not the premier HW MMA organization in the sport. Rings and Pride were.

Here is an exact fictional example if this were to happen in another division -

If the UFC went out of business tomorrow and Dream absorbed most of the talent, but not GSP, who fought for Strikeforce and beat Nick Diaz(the guy who deflated Zaromskis) - even if he fought less than stellar competition - even if Dream had some new fighters rise in that time that battle for that title - GSP being the last UFC champion and the win over Diaz would essentially make him the true lineal WW Dream champion. If he were to lose to an ADCC winner by submission, then the title would pass to him.

hard concepts to swallow for newer MMA fans who forget/don't know how the sport was just a few short years ago.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 4:27 pm

If it makes you feel better, sure I will recognize him as the lineal champion from Pride. I do have a question though? Does this not make him the WAMMA Champion too? Lineal or for real? I mean, you are working so fucking hard to discredit anyone & everyone who isn't somehow linked to Fedor, then I would like you to explain why the guy who made him tapout in under 2 minutes in the very first round isn't the lineal and for real WAMMA Champ.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:14 pm

I know what you are saying, it's just wrong. I don't care about titles [kind of like Werdum right now]. I just care about who is on the best run. Who has done the most for me lately. That's Shane Carwin or Junior Dos Santos, especially if he beats Lesnar. This theory totally ignores the importance of strength of schedule and lives in the past.

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:20 pm

Um Andrew, obviously he would be the lineal wamma champion in addition to three time lineal UFC champion.

Why the fuck wouldn't I say he was?

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:23 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
I know what you are saying, it's just wrong. I don't care about titles [kind of like Werdum right now]. I just care about who is on the best run. Who has done the most for me lately. That's Shane Carwin or Junior Dos Santos, especially if he beats Lesnar. This theory totally ignores the importance of strength of schedule and lives in the past.

Strength of schedule and Lesnar/Shane Carwin? Who have these guys beat again? Werdum's resume without the Fedor win is already thrice of Carwin. Carwin is a mid major who blows out D2 teams and has played one overrated BCS team all season. Werdum is an established power who knocked off the former undefeated number 1.

In physics terms, Lesnar and Carwin are ranked so highly because of potential energy, not demonstrated kenetic energy.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:26 pm

Let Wolfy have this one and we can move on from this thread

+1 for your physics analogy

Kinetic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:29 pm

Jesus that picture has stretched this thread out like crazy.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Fixed
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:32 pm

LA if he knew how to rationally explain his position would say Werdum is the lineal MMA champion, but he doesn't give a fuck since he feels Brock and Carwin are better anyway.

That is a reasonable opinion, not one I'd agree with, but when laid out like that, at least makes sense and is respectable. All the revisionist denials though make him and bigs and others look fucking stupid as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:35 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
LA if he knew how to rationally explain his position would say Werdum is the lineal MMA champion, but he doesn't give a fuck since he feels Brock and Carwin are better anyway.

That is a reasonable opinion, not one I'd agree with, but when laid out like that, at least makes sense and is respectable. All the revisionist denials though make him and bigs and others look fucking stupid as fuck.

What the fuck are you talking about? I haven't even posted in this thread. You're a WHYDFML whore, Wolf.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Werdum is an absolute power! Until he fights in the UFC where he is a average .500 player, but he did beat the lineal Pride & WAMMA Champion. So with that and $7 he can get meal at McDonald's.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:42 pm

You don't agree with that? Who is the overall lineal HW champion then bigs? If you don't feel like that then you made that thread just to pick a fight and for no other reason, since Werdum would be number 1 right?

Wow bad day or something? Wife told you it wasn't hers? So does that make you question your other brats geneology too? Brown eyes when both yours and hers are blue maybe?

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:46 pm

You can always tell it's Wolfy's because they have horns and a tail
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:47 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
You can always tell it's Wolfy's because they have horns and a tail

It was really sweet of Wolf to put his kid's pic as his sig.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:53 pm

Man I wish my kids were born as terrorbirds or demons.

Bigs, LA, be civil and answer me - do you recognize Werdum as the true MMA HW champion? Lineal titles I take it don't matter?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 6:00 pm

No, not only do I think Fedor wrecks him in a rematch (he was dumb and sloppy), I also think Reem, and the UFC big 4 would all beat him.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?   Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who views Werdum as MMA's "lineal" HW champion?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next