[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share | 

Vivek Wallace has David Haye figured out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Vivek Wallace has David Haye figured out   Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:48 pm

Christian T. (Queens, NYC): Recent talks of David Haye facing Audley Harrison tell me that he truly has no plans of facing the Klitschko's. What are your thoughts about this recent news?

Vivek W. (ESB): To be quite frank, this news doesn't really surprise me, even though Haye recently made it appear that it surprised him. This has been the Haye 'norm', lately, and I think it's quite bizarre, considering the buzz associated with his name, and the subsequent fizzle. When news first broke that he would be headed to the heavyweight division, I was part of that contingent that was on 'cloud 9'. I really felt he was the answer. My guess was that he would be that once-in-a-generation rare hybrid fighter, combining the power and explosiveness reminiscent of Mike Tyson, along with that magnetic ability to draw the female base like Oscar De la Hoya. While I'll stop short of saying that his chance to become that transcendent figure has expired, I will say that he's currently no closer to that plateau than you are. And the big problem with that is that YOU DON'T EVEN BOX!

I never endorse critical-fan rhetoric like saying a fighter is "afraid", but this is beginning to clearly borderline that very expression. It truly does. People say, Pacquiao is afraid of Mayweather or Mayweather is afraid of Pacquiao. Those statements are hilarious because in their case, as impractical as it is, at least they do have major ego, money, and political implications that they can hang their hats on as legitimate issues between them. In the case of Haye, there is NO VALID REASON why he hasn't faced them, and he had a shot at both! I think back to the stories sparring partners who say they saw Haye the preceding Sunday afternoon, then returned for work Monday morning and was told Haye was "injured"; Only to be told to immediately report back home, totally baffled because they knew "something wasn't right". I'm a firm believer....when it comes to stiff ring challenges, you have warriors, and you have worriers!

Pacquiao.....lives for the moment the bell rings and the biggest challenge awaits. Mayweather.....lives for the moment the bell rings and the biggest challenge awaits. Tyson, Ali, Duran, Leonard, Hopkins, Jones, Toney, Gatti, and company (in their primes).....LIVED for the moment the bell rang with a stiff test awaiting. In the case of David Haye, this recent 'denial' has made it clear that he's the type of fighter who lives for those other 6 days, 23 hours and 24 minutes during a fight week; a time where autograph sessions, photo ops with the ladies, and interviews are the norm. I say that because when it comes to facing his "biggest challenge", it seems that remaining and decisive 36 minutes of heat is simply too much for this cool customer! Afraid? I won't say that. But I sure as hell wouldn't argue if you did.....(And that's coming from a fan of his, too)!

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=24284&more=1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vivek Wallace has David Haye figured out   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:07 am

Have you lost faith in your boy now Ali?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vivek Wallace has David Haye figured out   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:18 am

Sad Si
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vivek Wallace has David Haye figured out   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:28 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Sad Si
Its ok I understand I am an Allan Green fan.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s): marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Vivek Wallace has David Haye figured out   Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:26 am

nice article..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s): Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Vivek Wallace has David Haye figured out   Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:49 am

Allan Green is a step above Haye. Green would talk smack all the way up to the fight and then freeze up in the ring. But unlike Haye he makes it to the ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Vivek Wallace has David Haye figured out   Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:09 pm

Haye is a massive hype job. He is like Allan Green in that he is clearly a class below the top heavyweights. He has speed and power, but is technically unsound and too weak of heart and chin.

Although as captainandrew pointed out, at least Green actually climbs in the ring after running his mouth.

People who resort to the antics of Haye are usually trying to make up for a lack of ability.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Vivek Wallace has David Haye figured out   Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:23 am

captainanddew wrote:
Allan Green is a step above Haye. Green would talk smack all the way up to the fight and then freeze up in the ring. But unlike Haye he makes it to the ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haye's still won a lineal championship and a heavyweight trinket, Green's won nothing and froze against his first test. Haye climbed off the canvas to conquer his test.
Back to top Go down

Vivek Wallace has David Haye figured out

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1