Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call.

Go down 
+3
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
acccardinal12
7 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call. Empty
PostSubject: I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call.   I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Carwin is getting paid 40k and no PPV bonus. How screwed up is that? If he wins he gets another 40k. How screwed up is that?

The guy should get 150k for stepping into the Octagon.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call.   I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:32 pm

Word is the UFC is super pissed he revealed that. This low pay is why he isn't hyping the fight and was twittering for Fedor and stuff. Carwin unless he gets a raise will be the next fighter in a long line of fighters at odds with Zuffa over his contract.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call.   I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Carwin said he wasn't talking to the press because of the lies from his last fight that the media spread. If that is what you meant? I know he has kept quiet. They are doing a hype show on SpikeTV for the fight this week aren't they?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call.   I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:44 pm

Where did you listen
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call.   I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:45 pm

I believe at one point Zuffa told him he wasn't fulfilling his responsibilties with this fight. Yes, he said he doesn't like the media because of "lies" but all they did was report his word for word comments about Frank Mir being a bad person. That was his own fault, not the media's.

He isn't hyping the fight because he isn't being paid enough to, and because Lesnar isn't either. There are a lot of blogs on this around BBC. Check em out.

I don't blame him either. 40k and he is fighting for a chance to be ranked #1 by most people and the UFC HW title? I bet Werdum, Fedor and Lesnar could pay his salary out of pocket and still buy mansions with what they made.

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call.   I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:32 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Where did you listen

Five videos on youtube by this guy. once you get to three you have to back up a page to find 4 and 5. It's about 45 minutes
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call.   I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:37 pm

If Carwin isn't happy about his pay then hurry up and finish your contract and sign a bigger one. When guys are underpaid and put on a good show Zuffa loves to toss them bonuses at the end of the night.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call.   I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:40 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
If Carwin isn't happy about his pay then hurry up and finish your contract and sign a bigger one. When guys are underpaid and put on a good show Zuffa loves to toss them bonuses at the end of the night.

Yeah like if he wins by KO he could get another 60k for KO of the nite and he will clean house and make 140k and be the UFC champion. Warrior is prolly paying him more than that.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call.   I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:13 pm

This should be 1 helleva fight!!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call.   I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Damn!!! that's weak, I don't want Carwin getting upset with the UFC, I want that guy around, though I'm pretty certain win or lose he'll stay in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call.   I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:17 pm

It will probably be fight of the night and he has a chance for KO of the night also.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call.   I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:38 pm

If Shane wants to be paid like a champ, he needs to be the champ, not the kinda champ, The Champ! Brock currently holds that title and is a much bigger name in the sport and the sporting world.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call.   I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call. EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 10:16 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
If Shane wants to be paid like a champ, he needs to be the champ, not the kinda champ, The Champ! Brock currently holds that title and is a much bigger name in the sport and the sporting world.

Yeah but even in a loss in a title fight he should be getting more than 40k. I hope Brock takes his best shot and beats him down, but I think Carwin should be getting a minimum of 100k to step into a title fight. He should also get a small % of the PPV buys since htey should be a million or over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call.   I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call. Empty

Back to top Go down

I listened to the Lesnar/Carwin conference call.
Page 1 of 1