Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke Empty
PostSubject: Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke   Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:11 pm

With Fedor losing I wanted to revisit this fight. After Royce Gracie left the UFC Royce participated in BJJ tournaments however he had strict rules for his fights as he was pissed after his draw with Ken Shamrock

Gracie demanded no point scoring and no time limits. The only fighter to except these terms was Walid Ismael. Who was a Carlson Gracie student.

It was over in under 6 minutes, the world was shocked to learn Royce Gracie could be beaten, even worse, he was choked unconscious. THe world or atleast I was introduced to the Clock Choke. I guess we are all mortal.

Wallid went on to beat Royce, Ralph Gracie, Renzo Gracie and Ryan Gracie in BJJ tournaments. Becoming the first Gracie Hunter.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke   Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:13 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jCEAQ3eJLA&feature=related

much better video of the fight right here

Carlson was in Wallids corner Helio in Royces, big starting point of the family fued
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke   Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cuM3WneAZ0&feature=related

Wallid talking trash about the Gracies

he said he would rematch Royce for 200 grand, the Gracies didnt take him up on his offer
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke   Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:40 pm

so am i the only guy on this forum that actually remembers when this happened ?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke   Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:43 pm

I think you are the only one that cares? I hate Royce and I would watch if it was a gif of Hughes beating him unconcious.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke   Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 10:05 pm

hahaha ok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke   Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke Empty

Back to top Go down

Royce Gracie, Wallid Ismael and the Clock Choke
Page 1 of 1