Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Merged Bellator discussion.

Go down 
+3
captain organic
LA
bobbitt15
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Merged Bellator discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:47 pm

I had it taped and just started watching...what a KO in that bitch fight. Kind of takes the luster off Sexton going into the women's tourney lol. Frausto knocked her the fuck out
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:52 pm

Schlemenko KOs Baker!! Holy shit
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:09 pm

Pitbull totally outclasses Warren in the 1st round...wow
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:10 pm

Pitbull stuffing Warren's clinch game and picking him apart with big shots on the feet
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:13 pm

They just said Warren was reportedly dealing with nausea before the fight. It really looks like it right now. He's sluggish and sloppy
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:13 pm

Pitbull is better right now, I expected him to win personally, Warren will be great though.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Warren holds top control for the last 2:30 of round 2 and drops a lot of elbows, most of which didn't land. Interesting round to score
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:22 pm

Great comeback by Warren as he dominates the 3rd. Easy 1st round for Pitbull, easy 3rd for Warren. Its all going to come down to that 2nd round
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:26 pm

Split decision win for Warren. Great comeback after he got dominated in that 1st round
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Apparently Warren has been throwing up all day. Gutsy performance
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:32 pm

Interesting, sounds like it came down to the 2nd which was a tale of two halves.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:10 pm

I gave rnd 2 to Warren.

Pitbull looked scared of the clinch late, despite stuffing all takedowns and scoring well out of the clinch early. not sure if Warren found his footing or Pitbull gassed, but the tide turned dramatically.

Went 0-2 on the picks for tonight. Baker looks robotic at times and showed an iffy chin. Sets up a sweet slugfest between shlemenko and Lombard. I've picked against shlemenko b4, and I will again, Lombard by KO.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Bellator discussion for those watching the delayed broadcast.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:29 pm

Anyone else in my shoes? Please no spoilers if you know the results.

How about Frausto! Best KO I've seen in woman's MMA ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:30 pm

lol Schlemenko "In russia, the fight never stops" when talkin about the rule differences.

"In russia the fight finish you"

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:32 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
lol Schlemenko "In russia, the fight never stops" when talkin about the rule differences.

"In russia the fight finish you"

I guess, but Hess's knee was fucked.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:41 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alexander Schlemenko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baker underestimated him big time!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:42 pm

Gangster ass event so far. Awesome shit!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:42 pm

Bellator 23 - Revenge of Muay Thai!

Two heavy favorite grapplers both got knocked the fuck out by underdog MT strikers. War MMA.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:43 pm

I actually had the Pitbull-Warren fight as a draw 28-28...but no real complaint about the decision. I guess a fight that close you have to go with the guy who finished dominating and that was Warren.

The first round was 10-8 Friere easily. The fight actually should have been stopped in my opinion...Warren was not defending himself at all for about 10 seconds. Fights have been understandably stopped for less...Friere definetly earned himself a 10-8 round there.

The second round can go eitheir way, but both fighters scored a takedown and each had a half round of control with no damage being done. I scored it 10-10. I'd be a hypocrite if i thought Warren being inside his guard not connecting on any of his elbows won him the round. Stalemate.

I say the 3rd was an easy 10-8 round for Warren. Tito Ortiz-Ken Shamrock I-esque elbow beatdown in that round. Pitbull did nothing, it was 5 minutes of pure beatdown just like the first was for Pitbull...thats how i score my 10-8's

Just as i thought though. Both of these guys are special. A little suprised by Friere's inactivity in the guard but stamina is correctable. Here's a guy who gets out of fights very early very often, and he's never fought a physical freak like Warren. Can't wait to see this guy again, and Soto-Warren is going to be great.

FW may be the deepest weight class in the entire sport between WEC, WVR, Bellator and DREAM.

Wrong about Baker-Shlemenko. I expected a different approach from Baker. Jimmy Smith was right when he said Baker stood up about a minute longer with Schlemenko than he should have. Not much to say. I think Lombard is going to kill the russian.

Happy to see Frausto get the win. I felt so sad for her kid sister getting totally womanhandled last week and i remember Zoila took that loss to Meisha Tate in SF pretty hard. That's a very devastating KO for the chick division. Cyborg has not even delivered anything that devastating.

Great season of Bellator. Love how they do things.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:47 pm

thought Baker looked robotic, also got knocked loopy by a softie.

Lombard vs shlemenko should be fun.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:48 pm

Ya, he said he didn't respect Schlemenko at all and hardly looked engaged. Wrong motherfucker to underestimate.

Schlemenko is bad ass. Video game strikers are always the shit.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:55 pm

captain organic wrote:
I gave rnd 2 to Warren.

Pitbull looked scared of the clinch late, despite stuffing all takedowns and scoring well out of the clinch early. not sure if Warren found his footing or Pitbull gassed, but the tide turned dramatically.

Went 0-2 on the picks for tonight. Baker looks robotic at times and showed an iffy chin. Sets up a sweet slugfest between shlemenko and Lombard. I've picked against shlemenko b4, and I will again, Lombard by KO.

Pitbull definetly gassed. Which was suprising because everything in round 1 looked so damn effortless. It was like he was toying with Warren. He should have gone for the RNC sooner in round 1...Warren was not defending for shit.

I'll watch the fight again, then maybe i'll pick a winner for round 2....it seemed like a whole lot of nothing to me though but i'm glad my prediction was right about both of these guys....Warren and Pitbull are both even better than i thought they were going into the fight.

on another note, no Ron Sparks :cry:
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:57 pm

Scotty Jorgenson in Warren's corner. Cool.

Minotauro in the corner of Pitbull though. Advantage Pitbull.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:58 pm

Kind of birdofthadding with myself in this thread here. Sad
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:00 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Kind of birdofthadding with myself in this thread here. Sad

sorry bud, trying to play along, but I watched the earlier showing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merged Bellator discussion.   Merged Bellator discussion. Empty

Back to top Go down

Merged Bellator discussion.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next