Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!

Go down 
+5
captain organic
LA
LTFG
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! Empty
PostSubject: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:41 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/6/24/1534559/quote-of-the-day-fedor-emelianenko

Quote :
I did not want to offend the UFC in any way. What I meant is, I don't like to watch fights in general. My main concern is what kind of culture I bring, myself.

It has always been for me that some fighters would appear and people would want to see me in matches against these fighters. That will always happen. As for the UFC, when my contract with Strikeforce is over - I have two fights left on my contract - the UFC will have the time and the opportunity to prepare and offer a contract that may be interesting to me.

I have been sensing a shift in the dialogue for sometime now. I would even imagine a deal may be close to done, but both parties are buying time and distancing themselves to avoid tampering issues with Strikeforce.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Thats what i said when LA posted his original comments. Fedor is probably somebody who does not watch much MMA outside of studying his opponents anyway.

Of course they will consider a UFC offer when his Strikeforce deal is up...but key word is they, i don't think Fedor is going to break off M-1.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 5:08 pm

See, like I said in my other thread... They already have a deal done and just keep talking shit to keep the public guessing and bringing more attention so when it's announced it's the biggest news story in MMA history for a multitude of reasons!!!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 5:11 pm

If Fedor lost to Reem, you think he'd still go to the UFC?

Anyways, I'd hope he'd sign with the UFC, it's really not a must for him, but a must for MMA
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Quote :
it's really not a must for him, but a must for MMA

Truth award of the day.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 6:56 pm

If Fedor lost to Reem, it would probably be easier for UFC to land Fedor IMO because whats M-1 without the untouched Fedor? Not even Strikeforce would deal with their co-promotion if Overeem beats him, and trust me, SF wants Overeem to not just beat Fedor, they want him to break him off something terrible...but UFC probably would not because even though beating Fedor would still be a bigger win then anybody in UFC could get..it's all about hyping Fedor up as the guy who has not been beat in years and having one of their guys do it. If Overeem beat Fedor, which i think can very well happen, then Overeem is pretty much the guy UFC wants.

If Fedor loses to Overeem, i think he retires because M-1 is pretty much just a org that scouts the world for prospects after that...and i think UFC would be very spiteful with a Fedor who took his big loss not in the UFC when negotating a deal...but who knows...maybe if Dana dealt with Fedor personally they would probably become pretty tight. SF may or may not try to keep him, depending on how much money he wants.

...to sum it up, if Fedor loses to Overeem the question is not if Fedor would sign with UFC, is if UFC would make him an offer that would make him decide not to retire.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:05 pm

Fedor is too proud to go out on a loss kings. 0 chance he retires if he loses to Overeem. None. He'd seek a rematch and fights with Barnett and Bigfoot. He says he doesn't care about his legacy and this may be true on some level, but no way would he leave the game on a loss.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:22 pm

I agree, but i'm curious on what kind of offers he would get.

I'm sure SF would be all for keeping him around but in that case, he'll have to sign without M-1 of course, sign a champions clause like Overeem, Gil and Lawal(don't know if Diaz is still on his XC contract) and pretty much be apart of a system for the first time since Pride.

UFC might be a bit more bitter even though Fedor would become a lot more accessible and might offer him something that would not be worth signing the air tight UFC contract at that point in his career...Dana had said in the past he does not want Fedor if he loses, which is bullshit IMO.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:29 pm

Would be really really dumb for Fedor to not include the UFC in a bidding war. Even if he wants no part of the UFC he needs to keep the appearance open that he does.

A loss to Overeem kills the Fedor hype. should it? no, but it does. Overeem, not Fedor would then best heavy outside the UFC, and with his size, makes the matchups with the giant UFC guys all the more. intriguing. UFC may still want him, just to show that their big's could eat him too, but it would be major $$$'s out of Fedor's pocket.

Kings, that chick is something else. I like it better then the Arianny one.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:44 am

Best news I have seen here in awhile. I hope Fedor dominates them both and goes to the UFC and fights 4-5 times.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:49 am

Dana only wants Fedor to sign a contract like that if he does sign, plus that Chamnpions clause if he becomes one. If Fedor does sign with the UFC, we'll get to see a bunch of sick ass fights.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:06 am

A lot of Fedor's old concerns aint concerns anymore. Japan is off his radar unlike it was during the original negotiations, and the UFC is heading there in the next 24 months hopefully anyway. And as for Sambo, Fedor doesn't seem as interested in this anymore either, and M-1 has probably realized co-promoting sucks and is way too hard at this level in this country.

Fedor is coming to the UFC. I am convinced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 4:16 am

2011 !
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 7:05 am

I hope he comes to the UFC for one reason and one reason only. To prove people right (or wrong) over the whole argument. I know a lot of people think I am anti-Fedor, which I am not. My problems with him and his...posse/mafia/thugs/M-1 are strictly down to his lack of quality opponents since he last fought CC. I am not saying there wasn't some interesting match-ups, because there were, but that is not the same as a quality match-up. After he decimates Werdum on Saturday, he will either fight a non-title fight against Alistair or Antonio Silva. If he somehow loses to Werdum? His name and reputation will be absolutely useless to the UFC, because all that cool stock footage of fighting in Pride would be pointless to use to hype the fight, because he lost to a guy who got KO'd by the 4th best HW in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 8:15 am

same shit different day Im over it. If it happens it happens
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 9:32 am

What ever happened to the ultimate Fedor thread? we need to bring that back and have everything Fedor related go in there again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 9:55 am

I would like to see both Fedor and Overeem in the UFC next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!   Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up! Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor backs off previous Anti-UFC statements, will consider UFC offer after Strikeforce deal is up!
Page 1 of 1