Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 Empty
PostSubject: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 5:17 pm

Short Fuse is replacing James Irvin against Gouveia in his home town...

Bad move in my opinion... He's another two fight losing streak away from looking for a new home and should be looking for another chump to light up. Gouveia may be coming off of a loss to Nate, but is still way out of Ed's league...
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 6:13 pm

I agree dont know if this was a smart move at all
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 6:20 pm

This is a good fight. Should short fuse wins, he's moved a significant notch upward.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 6:21 pm

someone tell me what the hell ol danny boi is doing in my avatar
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:06 pm

All 3 of these guys put on good fights but none are/will ever be contenders. Still should be a fun one to watch.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Wilson Gouviea is very close to contender status. He needs to work on his wrestling, but he brings a lot of things to the table. Knockout power and good BJJ are always good starting points.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:11 pm

He's 2-2 in his last 4 fights and has never beaten anyone worth a damn. Are you kidding or just giving him too much credit because you like him?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:18 pm

I think in his demonstrated fighting skill he shows he has a lot of talent and ability. Honestly I had to look up his record to even remember who all his last four were exactly. Not always who they fight, but how they fight. His fight against Jardine was good, and he has won six of his last eight or two of his last three if you want to throw fight numbers around.

Not saying he is a future champion but I see him as a guy with a legitimate chance to be in the top ten in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:26 pm

a possible future top 10 is not the same as close to contention.

Anyway the guy is skilled and puts on good fights. I'm not terying to take anythign away from him...just slow down a little. I think he'll beat Ed, but I wouldn't put him in a different league just yet.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:43 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I think he'll beat Ed, but I wouldn't put him in a different league just yet.

I would... He is a solid wrestler with otherwise average skills and is extremely inconsistent and has a 5ยข head... Wilson has shown much more consistency, shown a much better skillset and smoked the same Jason Macdonald that smoked Ed. MMAth don't lie!!! Wilson has a huge edge standing, an edge on the ground and is miles ahead, in the head. I'm not saying he is or will be a contender... I'm saying he's most definitley in a different league than Ed. Ed should have ignored Joe Silva's call and stuck with Aaron Simpson...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:31 pm

a possible future top 10 is not the same as close to contention

What the fuck, yes it is. Anyone once they're in the top ten, especially in this weight class, is an immediate contender. Hello... Predator, Letes, Wanderlei or Bisping if they won? Vitor's win over Lindland put him back in the top ten and On Dana's Anderson Challenge Radar. Be motha truckin real.

Besides, anyone in the top ten is usually described as "contender" in the basic sense, like how Jardine is called such.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:14 am

Who the hell considers Jardine a contender?

No on earth thinks Paulo Thiago is a contender for GSP's belt yet he is in Bloody Elbows top 10.

K-Mann, Swick, Fitch, Hughes, Alvez, etc are contenders.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:31 am

Who wouldn't consider Jardine a contender? Anyway that's how he's referred to in all his pre fight commercials. Contender is used pretty liberally in this sport. What's the deal farmer?

Besides, Jardine is about as good as the rest of the pack behind Machida.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:32 am

Jardine has gatekeeper written all over him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:41 am

Jardine has impressive fights against Liddell, Jackson and Forrest written all over him. Farmer sometimes I think you look too much at w's and l's.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:30 am

Wow I agree with wolf on this one top 10 means you are a contender.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102   Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ed Herman to replace Irvin at 102
Page 1 of 1