Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana White basically is a fan

Go down 
+4
muayjitsu
chorky777
KingsOwn19
Pinky not Clyde
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pinky not Clyde

Favorite Fighter(s) : Forrest Griffin, Kenny Florian, Lyoto Machida, Frank Mir

Dana White basically is a fan Empty
PostSubject: Dana White basically is a fan   Dana White basically is a fan EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 1:22 am

"Fedor is a f---ing joke," UFC President Dana White responded Monday after learning that Emelianenko had signed with Strikeforce. “He turns down a huge deal and the opportunity to face the best in the world to fight nobodies for no money!"

White also addressed fans: "I feel sorry for the real fight fans. I wanted to make the deal, but it takes two and it is very obvious Fedor doesn't want to fight the best, and doesn't give a sh-t about the fans!"

The guy comes across as a pretentious prick, and yet he just said exactly what I was thinking when I heard the news. I don't want to hear any more about Fedor. The guy IS fighting nobodies, and whether or not he's "the best" means little to me. Why doesn't he just go to a playground and hold a kid's head in the sand for his next fight? He doesn't care about his legacy, and neither do I.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White basically is a fan   Dana White basically is a fan EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 3:46 am

Dana White has always done what is best for the UFC and that's why some people hate him but the truth is everyone in his position would do the exact same thing.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Dana White basically is a fan   Dana White basically is a fan EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 4:57 am

I don't think UFC's heavyweight division is any better than Strikeforce HW division, just more fighters. Nobody would be stoked to watch Shane Carwin or Cain Velasquez get tooled by Fedor. Frank Mir stands no chance. Couture stands no chance. Kongo stands no chance. Nog and Herring already had their chances but it was really no chance. As for Brock, i think it's an insult that people think Fedor's solidifying his legacy goes through Brock Lesnar. Im sorry, it takes more than 5 fights, and wins against Mir and old man Couture to earn that status. True mark of a dimwitted fan who thinks Brock Lesnar is the guy Fedor has to beat now. No, Fedor is the guy Brock has to beat. Fedor was done establishing his legacy about 3 years ago when he destroyed PRIDE's heavyweight division which was much stronger than UFC's now. It's UFC's fault that Fedor is not in UFC. He is UNDER CONTRACT WITH M-1, why does everybody ignore that? They made it clear even before Affliction folded that they would not deal with UFC without co-promotion and all they did was ignore that through negotiations and they acted surprised? Dana continues to act like it's about money per fight and fighting what DANA WHITE percieves, and who he hypes up for everybody else to percieve as "the best fighters in the world" when it cleary never was about that, Fedor was only fufuilling his contractual obligations and UFC crapped all over it and acted like they were giving him the moon while ignoring everything that Fedor wanted going in. Now, im not saying UFC was dumb to turn that down, they don't need co-promotion just like they don't need Fedor because obviously the hype machine gets it done just fine judging by threads like these. UFC convinced the world they had the best heavyweight division a few years ago when they clearly did not but now guys like Sylvia and Arlovski are considered cans and "never that good in the first place" well trust me, this UFC HW class will be no better. Couture is done. Mir is gatekeeper status. Carwin and Velasquez will never be at the top and then there is 4-1 Brock! THE BEST? give me a fucking break. Im not saying Strikeforce is any better, but this is no shot at his legacy. Wake me up when Brock has cleane out the entire UFC HW division in dominating fashion and then i'll be convinced that a Fedor-Brock fight MUST happen, but if Brock was treated like any other fighter instead of getting hotshotted to the world title picture because he could draw an extra few thousand pro wrestling fans who are casual MMA fans, nobody would even consider him as a potential matchup for Fedor. The possibilities for Fedor are endless especially with Strikeforce, and DREAM co promoting. My suggestion is Strikeforce or DREAM should try to work out something with Josh Barnett, that is still the best matchup.

I was on Sherdog earlier. You see so many clowns talking about how Fedor needs to man up and spit on his M-1 contract like shitting on contracts is some everyday thing that has no repercussions whatsoever. It's ridiculous.

Rant over, and for all those who don't care about Fedor and won't watch him anymore.Yeah right, See you next time he fights.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dana White basically is a fan   Dana White basically is a fan EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 5:29 am

Why don't Carwin and Valasquez have a chance?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Dana White basically is a fan   Dana White basically is a fan EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 5:56 am

Well, Cain has waayyyyy too much improving to do before i would consider him as somebody who could potentially beat Fedor. If he fought under Strikeforce banner nobody would deny this. Cain dominated Kongo, but he was also kind of exposed a little bit in that fight. Standing, he could not avoid getting hit and hit hard and each time his knees buckled. Hell, Kongo was the one making the mistakes going for the clinch or perhaps he TKO's Cain. That was the only real tough matchup Cain has had and all he really did was take him down and wear him down with transititons(excellent ones) and pretty weak GnP and that's against a pathetic grappler in Kongo. Cain's best bet with Fedor is to try to take him down and Fedor would probably welcome that, but if he does not Cain would probably have to stand with Fedor and take the beatdown standing because Fedor has world class takedown defense and if anybody thinks Cain would last a round with Fedor standing you need a head examination. Cain has shown nothing that would make me believe he would make it halfway though a championship fight with Fedor or not lose by a huge margin in UD in a 3 rounder. Once again, UFC machine at it's finest. Cain is undefeated beating all cans with the exception of Kongo and people think he would have a chance with Fedor.

Same with Carwin. The guy has pop, but once again who has he beat? Gonzaga and whom? Niel Cann? Christian Can? and a bunch of guys who are red names on wikipedia?

Those two are pretty much unproven prospects that have not shown anything that would lead anybody to believe they could beat Fedor. I actually think it's a bad business move by Dana White to pin Carwin and Velasquez together. One should get Herring and the other shout get Mir. I see it as wasting the interest in one of them by pinning them together. That's me though.

That's how i see it though. Hope that answers your question. Love your avatar.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Dana White basically is a fan   Dana White basically is a fan EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:38 am

King your such a Fedor Homer.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dana White basically is a fan   Dana White basically is a fan EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:12 pm

If Cain or Carwin have serious chances so does Bobby Lashley.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: Dana White basically is a fan   Dana White basically is a fan EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
If Cain or Carwin have serious chances so does Bobby Lashley.

I don't buy that. Carwin would have beat the cans Lashley has faced in less than one combined round and Cain wouldn't be far behind.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Dana White basically is a fan   Dana White basically is a fan EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:30 pm

muayjitsu wrote:

scratch OK. That's a compelling arguement. Care to give any reasons why you think Cain or Carwin would/could beat Fedor? Did i say anything that was not true about those two? Did i say anything that was not true about Brock Lesnar, Couture,Mir, Nog, Herring, or Kongo? Is it not true that the only reason people want to see Fedor in UFC is so he can fight a 4-1 fighter who has has 2 credible wins, one against a guy who already beat him and they know the rest of the division stands little chance and would be massive Thales Leites like underdogs?. Sorry, im not so much jocking Fedor as im telling it like it is about the "best in the world" heavyweight division. It's the UFC's weakest IMO. I wanted Fedor in UFC because UFC is my favorite but im not one to buy into the hype of those guys being the best in the world when in about 2 years the average UFC fans will crap on all of them when they are gatekeepers or out of UFC. If the best you can do is say "you are a Fedor homer" with no reason or logic to say im just not telling it like it is you probably have no clue what you are talking about. No offense.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dana White basically is a fan   Dana White basically is a fan EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:41 pm

Cain and Carwin have puncher's chances, especially Carwin, but technique-wise they've got a million years to go, and they're no where near as fast. If Gonzaga and Kongo could nearly knock them out immediately, imagine what Fedor would do. They're striking defense isn't in Fedor's league. Fedor has the power to KO either of them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Dana White basically is a fan   Dana White basically is a fan EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:16 pm

Overeem, Werdum, and Grim are nobodies?
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Dana White basically is a fan   Dana White basically is a fan EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:22 pm

I'll give you Overeem and Werdum, Ninja... But once again, getting a flash KO over a guy with a china plated jaw does little for me. I know he has KO power especially over virtual nobodies... But I want to see what this guy does when a legitimate talent gets him on the ground. That's when we will see what Grim is all about...
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Dana White basically is a fan   Dana White basically is a fan EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 3:07 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:

scratch OK. That's a compelling arguement. Care to give any reasons why you think Cain or Carwin would/could beat Fedor? Did i say anything that was not true about those two? Did i say anything that was not true about Brock Lesnar, Couture,Mir, Nog, Herring, or Kongo? Is it not true that the only reason people want to see Fedor in UFC is so he can fight a 4-1 fighter who has has 2 credible wins, one against a guy who already beat him and they know the rest of the division stands little chance and would be massive Thales Leites like underdogs?. Sorry, im not so much jocking Fedor as im telling it like it is about the "best in the world" heavyweight division. It's the UFC's weakest IMO. I wanted Fedor in UFC because UFC is my favorite but im not one to buy into the hype of those guys being the best in the world when in about 2 years the average UFC fans will crap on all of them when they are gatekeepers or out of UFC. If the best you can do is say "you are a Fedor homer" with no reason or logic to say im just not telling it like it is you probably have no clue what you are talking about. No offense.

LOL!! I was joking with you man. I was not saying your post was wrong. But the UFC's HW division is better then the SF HW division. For example werdum VS mike pyle. At least the ufc has more contenders overall. I enjoy and watch all promotions but people are in denial if they do not accept that the UFC is the premier Org. in MMA. Why would anyone settle for the CFL if the NFL offerd them a contract. I think Fedor is the best HW in the world but i like the chances of UFC fighter beating him more then SF or dreams. I am a fan of his I would rather see him promoted properly by the ufc then waste away in another org just to here people bash him.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Dana White basically is a fan   Dana White basically is a fan EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 3:35 am

I accept UFC as the premier org hands down. Im not arguing the strength of WW, MW, or LHW. I think LW can make some additions like Aoki and Alvarez but they do have the best and 2nd best LW and i have always felt UFC's HW division is awful since always. I would be thinking the same thing about Fedor in UFC as i am about Strikeforce...who's going to beat him? Brock has all this hype surrounding him and pounding Frank Mir(who i still think can beat Brock on any given night) made everybody think he was super shredder and all of a sudden equal standing to Fedor and the ultimate challenge. Give me a break.

I gave my reasons on Cain and Carwin. Fedor is just too well rounded for them. I really think Cain stands no chance in hell. As Wolf said earlier, Carwin would stand a punchers chance but no more of a punchers chance as somebody like Overeem or maybe Rogers if Rogers has respectable takedown defense, which we don't know since he's never been put in the situation.

I would like to see Mir fight Fedor. Nothing im down in the dumps about not seeing though.

Other than that Couture is just a money maker, not a fight that he has any chance of winning. The rest of the guys like CroCop, Nog, Herring, and Kongo are the type of guys people got tired of seeing Fedor fight. The only fight people wanted to see was Brock vs. Fedor and i that is more hype driven more than it's a legit big time matchup.

My main point is not that Strikeforce has a better HW division, or they are as deep. Or their champ is as good as UFC's champ. Though i would give 2009 Overeem a pretty good chance to humble Brock, my main point is Fedor's legacy is not hurt because of this, that is all. It's just all hype that is driving all the "Fedor is dead to me" and "he's afraid of the supposed best fighters in the world" when most of those guys won't even be in UFC in a couple years and they will start getting the Arlovski, Sylvia, and Werdum treatment of "just because they are not in UFC anymore, they are no good anymore". I think good majority of the UFC HW's will be irrelevant in not too long. It shows when most of your top guys are considered over the hill, and the rest are not considered contenders. Even your two top prospects have not really put together a great rap sheet and they are battling it out for a title shot for crying out loud. Strikeforce has the best HW, a still young and ripped Overeem, and a couple solid prospects in Gracie and Rogers. They can always bring in Barnett too. So we'll see what happens over the next year. I am excited for Strikeforce.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White basically is a fan   Dana White basically is a fan Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White basically is a fan
Page 1 of 1